So what are you reading?

Lauren_x

I've finished Moon Over Manifest, The Hero and the Crown, The Blue Sword, and Sons from Afar. I'm still working through Life and Time (I returned it and checked it back out), and I'll be starting Number the Stars soon.

I'm currently reading An Arsene Lupin Omnibus; I have a weakness for high-functioning sociopaths, and Arséne Lupin is like a thieving Sherlock Holmes :P

tumblr_m3sbzsEuc31qdo6ou.png

I just finished reading Annie John for school... It's definitely not the best book I've read. But it was the last one I needed to read for school, so back to Narnia! :D I'm on The Silver Chair.

I'm nearly done with Wicked by Gregory Maguire. I enjoyed the musical and decided to read the novel. By a stroke of luck, I managed to find all four books in the Wicked Years series in the library. I hope I'll be able to finish the entire series before the loan period is up!

I'm nearly done with Wicked by Gregory Maguire. I enjoyed the musical and decided to read the novel. By a stroke of luck, I managed to find all four books in the Wicked Years series in the library. I hope I'll be able to finish the entire series before the loan period is up!

Wait a second, there are more Wicked novels? Please tell me the titkes. I read the first one after going to London to see the musical and I loved the book

here's a link to the entire series in order on Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/series/43509-the-wicked-years

I was surprised to find a series for it, too. now i'll have to read all of them! ^_^

Wait a second, there are more Wicked novels? Please tell me the titkes. I read the first one after going to London to see the musical and I loved the book

I just finished Moon Called by Patricia Briggs. it fell a little short of my expectations, but considering I bought it three or four years ago, I guess it's only to be expected. lol

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently reading Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne, I've been hooked to reading his books after reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea last summer. After reading the book, I plan on reading Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, Common Sense by Thomas Paine, or Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe.

They are as follows:

Wicked

Son of a Witch

A Lion Among Men

Out of Oz

They look like really interesting books, I saw the musical four years ago, and I'm somewhat interested in reading the novels.

I just finished reading Red Dragon by Thomas Harris after falling in love with the NBC show Hannibal.

At the start I was a little bit dismayed, because it was hard to get into - the writing style wasn't that unique but then the storyline starts to get going and hooks you good and proper! Plus there was a great twist.

I've seen the film Silence of the Lambs several times but I'm excited to buy and read the book after the good experience I had with Red Dragon

I'd give it 8/10

I'm currently reading Feast for Crows (Number 4 in A Song of Ice and Fire series) which is great but it's also taking me far longer to get through than any of the other books have in the series so far. I guess it's because I really miss some of my favourite characters.

Although it is really interesting to have Cersei as a POV character so you can really pay attention to all the mistakes she's making!

• 2 weeks later...

"Incareron" by Catherine Fisher.

Right when I started reading the book I noticed that one of the characters has the same same as one of my characters in my novel. How awesome is that?! :D

I don't read. I have better things to do.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on-topic. If you do not have anything to add to the topic, better to not post, rather than saying something rude and hardly related to the discussion.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The Towers of the Sunset by L.E. Modesitt Jr.

Classic fantasy. But it's really awesome.The first bit's quite confusing. So if you muddle through you find the wonder of how he/she developed religion and norms and the characters.

And also The Strain by Guerillimo Del Toro. Just started yesterday since I finished another book, Homer's Odyssey by Gwen Cooper - and am now mid-way through this Towers book, so when I finish it later, I have something else to start on. And then to the library Monday! :)

Yesterday I finished Drowned Ammet by Diana Wynne Jones. Really good book. Now I'm reading In My Father's House by Ann Rinaldi.

I just finished reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I saw the new movie last month, and it inspired me to read the book. In my opinion, both the movie and book were very good. I am currently reading The Scarlet Pimpernel which I am also enjoying. :)

I'm an English Major and taking Summer classes, so. . .

Right now I'm in a detective narratives class, so I've been reading detective/crime lit.

I just finished The Thin Man by Dashiell Hammett and started The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith. Both are really good! If anyone's interested in this kinda of stuff I can post a really good reading list/Goodreads list.

I'm also finishing up Inferno by Dan Brown, and bought the new Laurell K. Hamilton book Affliction today (OMGAH CAN'T WAIT!)

I just finished reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I saw the new movie last month, and it inspired me to read the book. In my opinion, both the movie and book were very good. I am currently reading The Scarlet Pimpernel which I am also enjoying. :)

I wasn't too fond of the Gatsby novel, but I thought the movie was very well done. The Scarlet Pimpernel, as I recall, was a great book. :D

I'm in the middle of The Magician's Nephew. Almost done with the Narnia series again. D:

The perks of being a wallflower

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.