The Gems of Irria

Ruto

"Wow, that power sure comes in handy, doesn't it, Sara?" Taylor examined the crop and pulled a carrot out of the ground. "Now all we need is for these to be washed. Where in the world did that one kid go?" Taylor put the carrot on a rock and heated it up. "I prefer my vegetables cooked. What about you?" She took a bite of the carrot. "This tastes better than the ones at home. I didn't find any dirt on it either."

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, if we didn't find any dirt on them, it probably doesn't matter to wash them," said Sara, taking up a handful of strawberries and nibbling them cautiously. They did taste better than any she's tasted before. But, she thought, the ones I've had before weren't created like this. She grinned slightly. "It looks like we may be here for a while, Taylor, so why don't we find everyone else and show them to the food?"

Taylor finished off her carrot and threw the leaves on the ground. "I suppose...do you know your way around? Serena said she was going to the mountains. It will take a long time to find her up there. The boy with the water stone has disappeared, and...wasn't there someone else with us? I must have missed them." If there was a way to signal them...wait! "Maybe I could use smoke signals to tell them where we are."

"That's worth a try, and I'll think of other things. Wait, can you make a big signal in the sky, like an airplane? That would get everyone's attention," said Sara, hoping to get everyone over to where they were.

"I'm not so sure about smoke lettering. I can barely make fire disappear without any problems. I'll do the best I can though." Taylor made sure she was away from the trees first. She carefully traced the fire in the air, trying to spell out each word so that it could be read. The message spelled out, "FIRE AND EARTH HERE WITH FOOD". Taylor held the flames up in the air for a few minutes. "I hope they can see this before I get tired. I can't hold this up much longer."

"Here, I'll help," said Sara. She closed her eyes and concentrated again on thick vines. She opened her eyes and saw exactly what she wanted- several thick vines- six, to be exact. She put them in her hands and concentrated on them spelling out the words that Taylor had created. Once they were formed, she closed her hands around them all and, after closing her eys a last time, killed them. She was now holding out some thick, dry, brown vines that spelled out "FIRE AND EARTH HERE WITH FOOD". She held them up to Taylor. "Here you go- just set them on fire and keep the fire in the air."

"Okay." Taylor lit the vines on fire. They lit up very fast, so she didn't have to waste energy trying to set them on fire. Taylor kept the flames suspended for a few minutes. The smoke rose up in the sky, spelling the words exactly like the vines were shaped. That's convenient. Time to let go now. "Surely they would have seen it by now. And my arms are killing me. Help me get these vines over to the water."

"Sure, just put them on the ground right there," Sara said as she pointed to a patch in the sand. Once the vines were down, she just used another green vine that popped up to move it to the water.

((Oops- is it okay if I made Taylor put the vines down, without mentioning it?))

((It's fine. It's what she intended to do anyway.))

Taylor released her grip on the fire and watched as the water soaked it up. "Phew...I wonder how long it will take everyone to come over here? I know Serena can get here in no time; she can fly. I don't think the others could have gotten too far." She went over to the crop again and pulled out another carrot, then heated it up again. "So...about this place...I wonder how far it is from Earth? No one has discovered it yet..."

Serena was on top of one of mountains. The cat spoke to her. "I am you protectorate animal." Serena looked down at the cat. "Protectorate animal? I can protect myself." The cat sat on her head. "I protect you from animals you don't know about. I also guide you around. I am very helpful. I also am great for company. All the chosen ones get a protectorate animal." Serena saw a bright flash far away. The cat looked at it. "It say, Fire and Earth Here with food." Serena thought if she should go or not. "You should go. We need to see if they found their animal yet."

Guest �strophysicist

((So many posts, I tried to read what I missed.))

"Fire, earth, air, light, and dark." said Garrick sitting down in the meadow thinking, "Water puts out fire. Water gives life to earth. Air and water makes the clouds. Light and dark both go throught water."

He stood up and concentrated. The plants turned toward him and began to dry as their water gathered and circulated Garrick like a snake.

Sonaya Stopped walking when she saw the large sign which read. "FIRE AND EARTH WITH FOOD."

"Haha! Ya hear that! food!" Sonaya directed this comment to the porky-wolf in the bubble.

"Yezz..."

"DId you just-"

"Talk? Yezz."

"... Can all of your species talk?"

"No."

"Then why can you?"

"Becuzz, I am your protectorate animal"

"..."

"I protect you from thingzz that you dont know about. And would you mind getting me out of thizz bubble?"

"Oh sorry." Sonaya popped the purple bubble. "So whats your name?"

"Trezz."

"Ok then Trezz, are you hungry?"

"Yezz."

"Me too." SOnaya started towards the smoke sign in the sky, then had a better Idea. She clumped her shadow, Trezzes shadow, and some large rocks shadows into a ball, she forced them into looking like the sign that the others had exept it spelled "I KNOW, IM COMING." she lifted it up over her head. It wasnt much trouble keeping it up, it was only a shadow, after all. she held it above her until Trezz and herself had reached a large pile of food.

"..."

"Im zorry, I dont eat vegetables."

"How did you get all this food!" Sonaya picked up a coconut and drilled into it with a small sharp piece of rock.

"That's okay, I can create lots of stuff. Help yourself to anything," said Sara to Sonaya. She turned back to Taylor. "Well, I can see what may be this galaxy's sun, but I doubt it's our sun. It seems much like Earth, so I suppose we are a good distance away. No other planets in our solar systems are like ours. This place must have a moon, because I can see the tide moving in the ocean. They probably have an atmosphere either close or identical to ours, because we are having no trouble breathing. They have gravity like ours, because we are neither floating or crushing under the pressure. It's almost like we're just in a wierd place on Earth. But I doubt we are....," said Sara, letting her last sentence trail off. She started when a beautiful deer-type animal walked up to her. "Hello, Earth-one," it said, "I am your protectorate animal." Sara looked at Taylor, at a complete loss for words after hearing a deer talk. "Can all of the animals here talk?" she asked the deer, with a hint of disbelief in her voice. "No. Like I said, I am your protectorate animal. All of the humans who recieved a gem have a protectorate animal. We are here to help you, and to protect you from the less-than-desirable features of this world," said the deer wisely.

Aeronwen had wandered towards a mountain in the north.

"i wonder what i'll see round here... Ohh nice rock!"She said, smiling.

"What're you looking at?" asked a gruff voice.

The rock moved.

It turned into a golem.

"Errm, It's just I never saw a rock...erm, thingy."

"THINGY???! Listen Thing, whatever you are, You better learn, I am a golem!!"

The Golem charged after Aeronwen and as she turned to back into a crevice,

The golem taunted.

"Look who's caught now!"

Then A blur of tawny yellow creature jumped in front of her.

A centaur.

"Back away from my descendant, demon!" he shouted.

Why did he say descendant? Aeronwen pondered.

"That creature... insulted me, called me a rock.." it played Coy.

"You don't look much like a rock, boulder-bulk!" he insulted.

Aeronwen jumped out of the way as the golem leapt at the centaur.

After a few minutes, the centaur flung the golem into the crevice.

Aeronwen heard the plop noice it made as it hit water.

The Centaur faced her, and did a bow.

"Croeso a Irria, Aeronwen verch Maredudd. I am Owain ap Gruffydd..."

Aeronwen brightened up, This was her ancestor, the great Owain Glyndŵr!

Guest �strophysicist

Garrick stood up in awe, "Three moons, and even more amazing, two suns. It is almost as if the ocean is talking to me, telling me what is happening to it."

Just as Garrick stopped talking a smaller, much smaller, red sun peeked over the horizon.

Serena found out that the cat was called a barcat. Her name was Saria. Saria was a very pretty name. They finally found Sara speaking to a deer and Sonaya was speaking to a....thing. "They found their spirit animals. Oh, look. Lucky us, it is Trezz...."

"Forget about any of your issues. We could both use some food."

"Hello Zzaria." Trezz tackled a small mouse type creature to the ground and killed it. "So you two know each other?" "Yezz. We and glendythingy are definatly protectoral animalzz. I never met the otherzz. But glendything izzen't here right now." "Ok..." Sonaya had finished drinking the milk out of the coconut, she smashed it against the ground and buried her face in the jelly.

Serena ate a blueberry. "Translation?"

"Well, glendythingy, which isn't her real name, is a qualified protectorate animal. I'm not allowed to speak much about her until she does show up, if she does. She's a rabbit with claws. Apparently, you called her a buckie-bunny? And Trezz, in school, was my bestest friend ever." She chuckled.

"Well, okay. Here! Do you like fruit?"

Trezz twitched. "I rezzent that..." "Alright then! who likes coconuts?" Sonaya changed the subject.

"Hey Sonaya, Serena. Help yourself to the crop." Taylor looked at the animals following them. "So, I guess you both found some companions. What's with the whole 'protectorate animal' stuff that they're talking about?" She threw down her carrot leaves again. "Oh, if you need any of that heated up, I'm your girl." Taylor chuckled to herself and felt something brushing against her leg. The animal looked like a puppy with a fish tail and gills. "Hey there. You're the cutest animal I've seen yet." She reached down to pet him, and after receiving much cuddling, he spoke up. "Thank you for the affection. But on to business: my name is Tipien, or sometimes known as 'glendythingy'." He looked at the two other animals and exchanged humorous messages. Tipien turned back to Taylor. "I will be your protectorate animal from now on. I will guard you from unnecessary things here. Trust me: there are a few dangers here."

((Is it okay for Tipien to be glendythingy? If not I will change it.))

Guest �strophysicist

Garrick saw a river nearby and ran to it. He leaped in, but he could breath underwater too! He felt at home in the water. He swam to the bottom and admired all of the marvelous animals and plants that rested at the bottom. Sea-stars and sand dollars carpeted the sea bottom. Amazing seaweed vegetation that gleams with a bioluminescent light.

((That's exactly what I wanted...or at least along the lines of it.))

"Well, now we need to find tht light girl, and that water guy...They'll come eventually. Saria? Let me get this straight. Air is everywhere and can't be crushed, but could be dispersed by fire. Fire is beaten by water, water is beaten by earth, and air beats earth. Sort of like a circle. But light and dark have there own circle...or line. is that correct?"

"Yes, the elements go in a chain."

As they were walking southwards, Aeronwen was talking to Owain Glyndŵr.

"So why are you a centaur?" she asked.

Owain looked ahead.

"When I died in 1416, I found myself here, I had to make a hard decision, either a were-wolf, a dragon or a centaur. I chose the one that I assumed would fit in mostly with the natives. It assumes, I couldn't have chosen anything more different than the other beasts."

"But that was nearly 600 years back, How come you are still alive?" she asked, moving aside some bushes.

Owain was silent.

Aeronwen was quiet.

What was that large crystalline monument in the middle of the plain?

Sensing Aeronwen's confusion, Owain replied, pointing to the crystalline monument,

"That is Carfell Warblane. It is a monument to the warriors and fighters that fought against the darkness that has only recently reappeared in Irria since the the great war 300 years back."

"Hello glendythingummy." Trezz whipped the rat-thing so that its tail was a handle. He ate it like anyone else would eat cotton candy. "So your glendything? Ok." Sonaya's face was covered in coconut jelly, she picked up a pineapple and peeled the skin off. "This stuff is good! Much better than the junk you get at the supermarket. So you just made all this stuff pop up out of thin air? Im sticking with you then."

"This does taste good. Just we're missing the other two. Miss Light and Mister Water." Serena pointed out.

"Calm down, they'll show eventually." Saria flew over to Tipien. "Hello, Tipien. Where have you been? You're late. That's just the usual you, I guess." Saria teased Tipien. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you because you're the cutest thing ever." Saria sat next to Tipien. "You got paired up with a fire godess? I thought you were all water."