The Gems of Irria

Ruto

Sonaya went into her dark walk in closet to get the vaccuum before her mom came home. she hesitated for a moment, fearing the axe murder in the closet, and moved the dark. But that wasnt right, Dark wasnt solid. she grabbed at it, and found she could move it like a cloth. "... This isnt right... first the rock, then the bubble, and now this?" Sonaya was officially creeped, this must be some kind of demented halloween trick.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((Wow. You guys posted a bit while I was gone. Homework took me the whole day yesterday. :())

Taylor put the stone away in her pocket. Carly reached in there and pulled it back out. Seeing a look of confusion on Taylor's face, Carly explained, "Taylor, this thing could be really dangerous. If in fact it gave you those flame abilities, think what would happen if you accidentaly set something on fire. The whole orphanage could burn down!" That's something that would do me good, Taylor thought. Carly went on, "We need to get rid of this stone. It'll prevent something bad from happening." Willing to rid herself of the weirdness, Taylor agreed and went outside. She grabbed a shovel and went behind the building. Taylor dug for a couple of minutes, with Carly close by. She set the stone in and buried it. "I think that ought to do it. No one will think of digging back here."

When Sara opened her eyes, the tree was spring green once more. She stepped back, amazed. She had only closed her eyes for a few moments. What would have happened if she had closed hey eyes much longer? She pictured, in her minds eye, the dying woods struck with their spring colors once more. It wouldn't be acceptable, she knew. It was the time for fall colors. She knew she would have to practice this ability. She didn't know why she knew, she just did. She would have to practice this power on a small basis, or there would, she knew somehow, be terrible consequences.

The two girls headed back inside the empty cafeteria, dinner already over. "It's not a problem; I wasn't that hungry anyway," Carly reassured. "So, shall we go to our bedroom now?" Taylor nodded and they both went upstairs and in the room. She went over to the desk to find out what time to wake up in the morning. "Set your alarm for 6:00 AM, Carly. It seems like we'll be needed extra early tomorrow." Taylor glaned over to the right, and to her amazement, the red stone was sitting on the desk.

Sonaya mused for a moment about what to do with the pile of... Dark sitting on the ground. Then inspiration struck her. she bounded downstairs and picked up one of her mothers sewing needles (Not the good one) and went upstairs to make a cloak out of the dark. When she tried to poke the needle through however, it just hit the floor as if the dark were merely a shadow. Which it probably is... Sonaya gave it a moments thought and wondered. ... How am I doing this? This is an impossibility... its the rock, its gotta be. There's no other explanation... But I cant tell anybody, They can findout on their own. After a little more thought, she pulled the rock out of her pocket, and used on of the spikes to cut the dark in half, A perfect fit. she pinned the cloak with the stone and thought it looked nice.... this must be worth a fortune... whoever heard of a cloak made of shadows?

Guest �strophysicist

Garrick was breathing underwater.

I should be dead, hmmm. If I can now control water, I wonder if I can freeze water.

He roze to the surface and looked around.

Wow, I didn't know I was swimming that fast.

Sonaya went outside, just to show off. (She had forgotten about "Dont tell anyone") and as soon as she stepped out of the shadow of her house, her cape thinned, it was only very, very, faint. The gem threatened to come off. Sonaya jumped back into her houses shadow, hoping that the gem wouldnt fall off and hit her. The cloak got stronger, and the gem stopped wobbling.

"Carly, why did you bring this back in?" Carly turned around, clearly confused. "What are you talking about?" Taylor rolled her eyes and picked up the stone. "This! Why did you bring this back in?" Carly crossed her arms. "Don't be blaming me, I didn't dig it back up." Frustrated, Taylor opened up the window and threw the stone as far as she could. Despite her efforts, the stone stopped in mid-air and floated back into her hands. Taylor immediately dropped the stone and gasped. "C-Carly! This thing just...came back to me! Like a boomerang!" Carly took the stone out of her hands. "Well, isn't that nice. Fine, let's just drop it." Carly set the stone on the windowsill and pushed it off. At first, the stone hit the ground. Then, it rose up into the air and in Taylor's clutches again.

Guest �strophysicist

Garrick quickly swam back to shore.

This isn't possible.

He stuck his finger in the water and his fingers froze solid, but it wasn't cold. He wasn't cold. He uickly lifted his hand out of the water and a large stream followed.

This doesn't make any sense at all

((Are we going to wait for one more person to sign up?))

((Not necessarily. I made an add-in on my first post that you can have up to two characters.))

Taylor sat down to think about this. "Okay, so I've found a stone that allows me to shoot flames out of my hands. It also comes back to me when I lose it. So, Carly, the only thing I'd like to know is: what in the world is going on here?" Carly sat down on the bed with her. "How should I know? I'm just as freaked out about the whole thing as you are. Why don't we ask somebody and see--" Taylor cut her off. "No way. No one can know about this. Promise me you'll keep it secret?" Carly nodded. "Swear it." The girls shook hands. "Now, what to do with this stone," Taylor wondered out loud.

Name:Aeronwen Rhyfelwr

Description: Tall, Red haired, Grey eyed, always wears a green colour or grey or sometimes blue.

Gem: Light...

Other info:Welsh. She is the descendant of Owain Glyn Dwr.

------------------------------

Aeronwen Rhyfelwr walked the forests near her home in Anglesey. The Island on the tip of Wales was a place of beauty. Llanfairpwy'gwyndwondrbgllgercchllantisillotgogogoch was not renowned for it's scenery, Only wide known for being a pest to say. Aeronwen climbed to a hill.

Wow. A shooting star. I wonder if I should wish....

"HOLY SMOKES!!" she screamed then dived out of the way as the shooting star headed towards her.

It left a small crater. Aeronwen picked up a stick and poked the insides. Then she quickly pocketed what seemed to be a 'fallen star', and walked off down the hill.

Sonaya felt a little warped as she started to go back into her house, suddenly she found herself passing by distant scenery, a grassy plain, a snowy tundra, a few beaches... the list went on and on. Suddenly she landed with a bump as the scenery stopped changing. It was too bright to see.

Aeronwen was at home. In her bedroom, She sat on her green bed and did her homework.

"Ronnie! Par mor are chwi?" shouted her mother. Ronnie was her nickname.

"I'm fine!" Aeronwen replied, then went back to Maths. Very boring hard maths.

Aeronwen...

Aeronwen looked around. Her windows were shut yet there was a slight cold breeze in her room.

Ignoring it, she went back to maths.

Rhyfelwr!

This time she couldn't ignore it.

"What is it?" she asked.

Then she realised she was talking to nothing.

She decided to examine the 'fallen star' she'd earlier found.

It was cool now to touch and was ornately carved. Someone must have spent hours of effort and time carving the yellow-white jewel.

Looking into it, she saw a face. A face of a person. A face not of her own.

Sonaya's eyes adjusted quickly, she saw that she was in a grassy meadow, she looked around for shade, then noticed that her cloak was stable. "This is odd... where'd Massachusetts go? this is probably Georgia or somthing... But what are those things?" Sonaya wandered towards a few bright multicolored dots in the distance.

Aeronwen dozed off. Maths homework unfinished.

She dreamt that she was twisting, turning, wriggling, writhing and being pulled in all directions at once.

It was an uneasy sleep, that was for a few hours.

When she woke, she was elsewhere, not in her room, not in Llanfairpwy'gwyndwondrbgllgercchllantisillotgogogoch, not in Wales. Where was she?

And why did the sun almost blind her?

Almost she thought, but she could still see.. but very limited.

She saw a figure on the horizon. A dark gloomy figure.

Walking towards it, she thought,

Where am I? Who is that over there? Have I been summoned for an unknown task?

Sonaya startled by a loud noise, like thunder. She spun around and saw a small figure on the horizon, she started to it, and it seemed like it was coming towards her. When they met, Sonaya was surprised to see a girl, Half blinded by the sun. "... Hi! My name's Sonaya, Whats yours?"

A cloud of fog surrounded Serena. "Get back you evil cloud!" Serena calmed down. Forget it, speaking to a cloud isn't going to help me. Serena walked a little until she couldn't see through the cloud. Fog is annoying. Oh well. She stood until the cloud thinned. She started to walk, but the she noticed that there was too much light for the evening. She looked down. She was floating over two people. "Hello?"

Guest �strophysicist

Garrick jumped into the California waters and surfaced somewhere strange. The sun was a bright white, obviously far hotter than Earth's sun.

He walked asore and with just by thinking it, he was dry. He thought for a bit and thought of a show he saw when he was little, a man who could control ice and used it for transportation.

Sonaya looked up and saw a floating person. "Hello! Whats your name? Mine's Sonaya!"

It had been a few days since Sara's revelation about the strange green stone that she found. Since then, she had been practicing whenever she could in secret. It didn't really make sense to her why she was practicing, but she somehow knew she had to. She had learned that, with the stone, she could not only bring dead plants back to life, but, if she concentrated very hard, could make plants spring up from the ground. If she stuck a metal stake in the ground and closed her eyes and concentrated only on wrapping a thick vine around it, she could make it all happen. She could also make existing living plants do marvelous things. She could change the colors of the flowers, and the shape of the leaves. She could kill plants, she had found, but she only found out by accident, and never wanted to kill plants.

Guest �strophysicist

His thought of ice got the better of him, he looked at his arms. His arms had been turned into ice. Yet he could feel no pain or cold. He thought harder and the plants around him began to freeze. They became brittle and snapped into peices with the lightest touch of the hand.

His entire body was ice, he still didn't feel cold at all. Almost like this was natural.

He held his hands out and the humidity in the air condensed and turned into snow. This only happened to the air around him, everywhere else was still sunny.

He was able to warm his thoughts and water began to circulate around him like a snake.

((Everyone ha a stone now... When are you planning on getting to Irria?))

"Ehhh... You people's arent very talkitive... Do you want to see this really cool rock I found? And Look what I can do!" Sonaya looked at the floating persons shadow, And ripped it out of the ground with ease. She swung it around and placed it in a bubble. (Some unmentioned practice.) she whipped the bubble around and around and smashed it on the ground. She picked up a piece and started licking it. "mmm... This tastes strange, But I like it. Im not sure if you people can even pick them up. oh yeah, Here's your shadow." Sonaya placed it on the ground and and smoothed it out as best she could.

((xD Tasty shadow....))

"Well that was strange. My name is Serena. If you want to know why I'm floating, I have no idea. I don't even know where I am. Now that you licked my shadow, let me see what I can do to you!" Serena concentrated and fog surrounded and formed a cage around Sonaya. ((more unmentioned practice)) "Don't worry, you can walk right through it!" Serena laughed.

"Heh..." Sonaya blew at the cage, It stayed solid. She walked out of the cage and made clumps out of the smoke. It disappeared almost instantly. "... So... do you know where this is?"

"All I know is that I got engulfed in fog and ended up here. Nice view though."