The Gems of Irria

Ruto

Sara walked outside. She had spent more time outside the past few days than she could remember ever doing. She ran to the familiar patch of grass in the woods behind her house. Since she had been doing all of her practicing there, the patch was almost overgrown with lush greenery and beautiful florin. She sat on a soft patch of grass and looked at the sky. Suddenly, with a large but smooth motion, she felt herself moving towards the sky.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yep! Hey, Do you want to go check out that glinty thing on the horizon? It looks Kind of like ice..."

"I see it too...strange." Serena felt a vibration. She looked up. A girl was flying out of nowhere. "Things keep getting stranger here..."

((My apologies for not being here a couple of days. I expect to be more active during the weekend, once Friday's over with. :O))

The stone began to shine a brilliant light, then Taylor's vision got twisted. The last thing she could recall was Carly's voice calling for her. When her vision straighted out, Taylor found herself lying on the ground. "Woah, what a trip." She picked herself up and looked around. "Hey, you over there!" Taylor ran toward Sonaya. "What just happened?"

"Well, here's another. Do you have a rock?" Serena said while in her little floating space. "I really like these rocks, but I wanted to be one of a kind. Oh well, you can't fly." Serena continued jokingly. "My name is Serena. Did you see that ice over there? It looks strange. It looks like its growing."

Taylor looked around for the source of the voice. She looked up and saw Serena floating above her. "How are you doing that?!" Taylor realized she still had the stone in her hand and looked at it. "Oh yeah, I've got a strange rock all right. This thing lets me shoot fire!" She glanced toward the icy patch in the sky. "I don't know what that thing is. Maybe we should follow it?"

Sara was soaring, soaring to somewhere she couldn't see. She noticed that in all this soaring, she was on the same stretch of grass that she had laid on. Suddenly, she couldn't see anytinhg. When light finally entered her eyes, she was on the very same stretch of grass. The only thing she could remark was that she was laying in a strange place. Three other girls were standing nearby, all clutching the same stones as she, but in different colors: red, white, and purple. "Hello?" she asked uncertainly.

Taylor turned around. "Hello. Who are you?" She noticed the green stone in Sara's hands. "You have one of those too!" Taylor showed Sara her red stone. "Did it give you powers too? Apparently ours did." She looked again toward the ice in the sky. "We seemed to have found something interesting, and I think we're going to see what it is." Taylor pointed to the sky. "Wanna tag along?"

Guest �strophysicist

Garrick saw some figures over the horizon.

I wonder if these peope coud shed some light on what is happening.

He manipulated the water to his feet and it froze into a floating ice platform. He stepped onto it and he didn't slip off.

I am begining to like this very much.

He started floating on the ice platform he made toward the figures about 300 feet away.

Sonaya was interested in their conversation. "Oh! Hi! My names Sonaya! and Yeah, These rocks gave us powers. But what can you people do with them? Ive never tried lots of things with this stone." Sonaya swished her cape around. "In fact, I'd like to try a few things right now." Sonaya picked up everyone's shadows and molded them into a clawed forearm. It fell apart like bandages being peeled off a mummy. "..." She peeled the shadows apart and gave them back to their rightful owners.

"I think the only thing I can do is blind anyone." suggested Aeronwen.

Then she saw a small crystal.

"Maybe, this might work." Aeronwen looked into the crystal,

Rainbow colours flew from the crystal.

I am shedding lights!

She must have made a rainbow maker! She assumed

What other uses does light like this have?

Signals? Rainbows? Lights?

She saw her hands were glowing with a yellowish-light.

"Is it never night here?" Aeronwen asked herself, looking up at the unusual sky.

"I think that the days and nights are just longer here, I mean, We've been here for quite a while and the sun hasent moved much."

"I think it has somthing to do with the stones, I mean, We all have one, and There cant be anything normal about these things."

"They are rather strange," said Sara gingerly, as if she wasn't quite sure what to say, "My stone made me able to make dead plants alive, and make plants come up where they never were before. I was looking at the sky with my stone, and I started moving on a patch of grass that I made, 'cause it's autumn where I live." She walked over and looked at the stones of the other teens. "What could your stones do?"

"My stones let me mold shadows, I can also make this really cool bubble with it too. I found out I could do these when my neighbors schnauzer attacked me. Their dog is homocidal."

((All right, I get the message. Maybe you should listen to Taylor's idea. ;)))

Taylor showed her stone. "This one lets me shoot fire." She threw some fire in the air and then made it disintegrate." Taylor turned to Sonaya. "That's cool that you can pick up shadows." The icy patch in the sky drew her attention again. There has to be something important there. "So, I was thinking we should go see what that icy patch in the sky is all about. I sure am curious to see what it is."

"Wait a second, wait a second!" said Sara. Now these gems seen a bit odd, but all the same. We can all do things to one of the six main elements- at least the three of us can. I can heal plants- Earth. You can shoot fire- Fire. And you can move shadows- Dark. Then the rest of these people must have Air, Water, and Light," said Sara, ticking off the ancient elements on her fingers.

"Aye! thats good thinking, Now lets go check out the icy-type junk on the horizon!" Sonaya walked tword the shimmering ice in the distance.

"That's some smart thinking, Sara. You could be right. Anyway, I'm going to see what that thing is all about." Taylor turned toward the odd spot on the sky and started heading for it. I wonder what that thing is. The sky could never look like that. It's just impossible. Where in the world are we? What place could possibly have weather, or whatever that is, like this? Taylor spotted a circular spot up ahead. "Interesting...let's go over there. The ice seems to be hovering over this spot."

"Kehe, Ok!" Sonaya got bored and made a bubble big enough for her to fit in. she somehow squeezed in and floated along side Taylor.

Guest �strophysicist

Garrick continued toward the figures. His ice platform sped up. He continued to go faster until he felt more in control. He stopped abruptly to see if he could do what he was thinking. around him plants began to wilt and the water from them condensed and orbited around him like a snake. Then he forced the ice to stick to him then gather in front of him. With his thoughts continuing without no end he was accelerating faster than he was before.