The Gems of Irria

Ruto

Plotline: From the land of Irria, a powerful force makes its way to planet Earth, waiting to be discovered. The power comes in the form of six gems, each with its own element: fire, water, air, earth, light, and dark. The one who finds one of these gems gains its power. Once all six gems are found, the holders are then transported to the magical world of Irria. When the gems are combined, only then will their true adventures begin...

Pick a gem that your character will discover in the list below. I'll list the color of the gem next to its name. Once a gem is picked, it can't be picked again. Simply saying, no two people can have the same gem.

Gem list:

Fire (Red)

Water (Blue)

Air (White)

Earth (Green)

Light (Yellow)

Dark (Purple)

Positions are closed.

Character Form:

Name:

Description:

Gem:

Other info:

Oh yes, before I start my part, let me just get something by: if you're going to post here, you MUST be active. This is a roleplay where ALL of the characters are needed. So please, DON'T post unless you plan on being active. That is all.

----------------------

Name: Taylor Poyta

Description: Tall for her age, brown hair, brown eyes, athletic

Gem: Fire

Other info: Taylor witnessed her parents' death at the age of 3. Now she lives at an orphanage, only to be abandoned again shortly after being adopted.

Taylor kicked against a wall as a another couple passed her by, not even giving a glance. I'll never get out of this pen! She sat down in a corner, sulking to herself. What's wrong with me? Why can't anyone keep me? What am I doing wrong? Taylor left the room and went into the cafeteria. She grabbed a banana and viciously peeled it. Why did my parents have to go off and die? To leave me here in this prison?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest �strophysicist

Name: Garrick Truelove

Description: 'Bout six feet and skinny. He is average in strength. He has light brown hair, greenish-grey eyes, and wears glasses.

Gem: Water (Blue)

Other info: Even though he may look smart, he spends most of his time listening to rap and heavy metal.

Garrick stretched out under the warm California summer sun. His thoughts and worries completly washed away. A calm tide began to rise and he fell asleep.

When he awoke the tide had dropped and something was shimmering in the distance.

Hmmm, is that seaglass? he thought to himself getting up and walking towards the blue peice of shimmering stone.

((Seaglass is glass that has been smoothed by the ocean. Glass bottles and other glass items thrown into the ocean are smoothed by the salt and water. Seaglass is highly treasured as it is rare to find without diving into the ocean to find it.))

((Mmm, glass. A person at my school went up to record her voice on the keyboard during an assembly. She didn't know what to say, and long story short, she ended up saying, "I like to eat glass."))

Taylor threw away her banana peel and sat down at a table. Her friend Carly came into the room. "Hey Taylor, what's up?" Taylor said nothing and drummed her fingers on the table. Carly came over and sat down by her. "Is there something wrong?" Taylor looked up and sighed. "Oh, I just wish someone would be willing to keep me, instead of throwing me away like I was trash. And now I've lost count of how many of these places I've been to." Carly paused for a moment. "Well, even though I really can't help you with your problem, I can say that you'll be adopted soon. I know it. Someone will pick you." Carly left the room, and Taylor stayed behind.

Guest �strophysicist

Garrick walked to the shiny peice of glass, only to realize it wasn't glass.

What is this thing? he thought to himself, not even noticing the big wave of water heading right for him.

The wave hit him, but he didn't get wet. The water didn't even touch him.

What the?

He saw himself in a dome of air, protected from the seawater before the wave ended and the water returned to the ocean.

Wierd. he pocketed the stone and ran home, Not thinking of what happened. He was late for his favorite radio hour, Mandatory Metalica.

((Mandatory Metalica is a real radio hour here in Indiana. They play Metalica all hour.))

The caretaker peered into the room. "Taylor, what are you doing sitting there? You need to be helping the cook with dinner." Taylor jumped up, remembering that it was her turn this week to cook dinner. She ran into the kitchen and gave her apoligies to the cook. Mrs. Haw simply nodded and gave instructions. "Let's see Taylor, tonight I need you to chop the vegetables. That includes, lettuce, tomato, onions, potatoes, and carrots." Taylor got right on the job.

((((((((Just a question. Can there be an ice gem?)))))))

((The ice power would relate to the water gem, and TA already picked that one. Sorry. :())

Taylor picked up a tomato and started chopping at it. the smell of the nightly meal filled the room. This is about the only thing worth doing. Making dinner for the other foster kids. Taylor put the tomato slices in the bowl and grabbed another. This one was shaped funny, but Taylor didn't really pay attention to that. She started to slice, only to have the knife repelled back. "What the..." Taylor picked up the tomato, or, whatever it was. Cool, it looks like some kind of ruby or something. Wow. I'll tuck this away for later.

Name: Sara Kohler

Description: Shy, but outgoing when around people she knows and trusts. Blue eyes, brown hair, and bookish.

Gem: Earth

Other info: Has a mysterious knowing of things she sometimes shouldn't

Sara turned the page of the book. She had read it many times, but wanted to read it again, as she did so many other books. She just seemed to pick more things up if she saw then multiple times. She was alone again, as usual. But she felt that somehow, today would be a bit different than any other day.

Name: Serena Sabino

Description: Pretty, strong for a girl, and smart. Average size. Golden hair, and hazel eyes.

Gem: White (Air)

Other info: Serena is a quiet girl, but she has a brilliant personality if you actually make her speak. She loves to climb mountains also.

Serena was on top of the world. Well, sort of. She was on Mt. Tristine, thee highest place in the woods. She always liked the mountain. So pretty and alone. Being cold, she had to wear a jacket, which limits her strength, but whatever. She was walking up a different path when she saw a shiny stone. Wow, I've never seen a stone so white or brilliant like this before. She picked it up. She slipped on some ice and fell down. Though the ground never touched her, she was floating. What? She shifted her weight and stood on the ground. Weird...maybe it was altitude sickness...

Guest �strophysicist

Garrick played Metalica CDs the rest of the day.

The next mourning he got up and felt the stone in his pocket.

If it isn't seaglass then what is it?

He slipped it back into his pocket without a second thought and ran outside.

Running down the street and toward the pier he nearly tripped. He held his skateboard in his arms then threw it down on the ground and jumped on it. Flying down the street, he quickly reached the pier.

Taylor had finished chopping the vegetables and left the kitchen, waiting for dinner to start at any moment. When the plates came out, she sat down and grabbed her fork. The fork was extremely hot, and Taylor gave a short yelp. Thankfully, no one heard her. Taylor shook her hand, and a few flames came out. What in the world? She shook it again, and more flames appeared. Taylor quickly rose from the table and went into the restroom. She turned on the sink and splashed some water on her face. Looking into the mirror, Taylor spoke to herself. "Okay, Taylor, get it together. You cannot shoot fire out of your hands, and I'll prove it." She flicked her hand at the running faucet, and to her dismay, more fire came. "Ah! This isn't right!"

Sara stepped outside into the cool, dry air. Something felt odd in her jeans pocket, but she paid no attention to it as she walked over to one of the trees and touched one of its dying leaves. Suddenly, her hand felt warm as the leaf turned green again. She snapped her hand away, surprised and perplexed. Why did the leaf turn green? she thought. It looked as if someone had done magic on the tree- the leaf that Sara had touched was a bright green, the only one like that on the tree. And there was no such thing as magic- right?

I've never gotten altitude sickness, though. How could I get it now? Serena felt the rock and tossed it into the air. It glowed with a light that could blind a person, but then it never came down. What the? She took the rock out of the air. She juggled the white stone and the clouds twirled into a tornado formation. I've got to get rid of this rock.... She threw the rock, but it never left her sight, it flew right back to her. Never mind, I guess I'll keep it then.

Guest �strophysicist

((I am making this stuff up as I go...))

Garrick couldn't slow down in time to stop himself from falling off the pier. He hit the fence around the pier and flipped over it, his skateboard quickly followed him to the water below.

He heard a spash but he wasn't wet.

Sara reached into her pocket. She pulled out an earthy green stone. She wondered if this was the reason that the earlier leaf had turned green. Just to test it out, she put the stone on the ground and touched another dying leaf. Nothing happened. She then picked the stone up again and touched the leaf once more. Her hand warmed, and the leaf turned green.

Taylor backed away from the mirror and quickly made her way to where Carly was sitting. "Carly, I have a problem. Come with me into the restroom." Carly seemed confused, but followed Taylor anyway. "So, what's the trouble? Is the sink out of hot water again?" Taylor shook her head. "I know we'd never have that problem again. But do you promise not to tell anyone?" Carly agreed and Taylor put a paper towel in the sink, then lit it on fire. She turned around to find a rather stunned Carly. "How did you do that?!" Taylor pulled the stone out of her pocket. "Well, it didn't happen before I found this in the tomato bin." Carly examined the stone. "Strange..."

Sara went to her computer and Googled what she could do. "Hmmm...nothing." she said after a while. Nothing could explain how she could bring the life back to those leaves. She went back outside, clutching the stone. Her favorite flowers, daisys, were dying in the flower bed. She took one of the withered petals in her hand and felt that familiar warming sensation as the daisy turned a pure white and yellow again. Why could she do this? She knew it had something to do with the beautiful stone, but why did she have it?

Guest �strophysicist

Garrick opened his eyes to see he was underwater, but he wasn't wet. He quickly swam to the beach and was amazed.

He pulled the stone out of his pocket then slipped it back into his pocket quickly. He turned around and saw Jake.

Jake was shorter than Garrick but he was stronger.

"Hey Garrick, where's my money?" he said.

"I'll get it to you tomorrow." replied Garrick.

"I told you I wanted it today."

"I am too busy right now."

"Not the right answer!" said Jake, his fist was flying towards Garrick.

Garrick held out his right hand to try and stop the fist, and it worked.

Jake's hand was stopped instantly, without even touching Garrick. Jake could barely breath, he couldn't move at all.

Garrick lifted his hand up and Jake rose in horrible pain.

This stone isn't ordinary...no stone in the world is this white. It should have snow or dirt on it, but instead it's totally clean. Serena walked down the mountain, back into the forest. A storm was brewing now, so she tried to get home as soon as possible. It started to rain, and then hail. She looked for cover to sit out the storm, but then she relized that she wasn't getting hit by anything. Now this is freaky, I can't even feel the wind. Well, at least I'm fine!

Name: Sonaya Relith.

Description: Short brown hair and brown eyes, she's small and thin.

Gem:Dark (Purple)

Other info: She likes sleeping bags but is claustrophobic. she's afraid of the axe murderer bunny in the closet (Dont ask.) SHe believes that chuahas (SP?) are not dogs, But rodents.

Sonaya was running home from school, chased by a vicous dog, when she tripped on a rock. It split open and revealed itself to be a small, purple geode. She picked it up as she ran and finally saw her home. she looked back at the dog, it had stopped in its tracks; it was in a glowing purple bubble. Sonaya forced her way through the door before the dog could get out. Upon further inspection of the stone, she saw that the "Rock" on the outside of the gem was dirt. she scraped it off and looked at the stone. It was round, with spikes coming out of it. they werent jagged rock spikes, But rounded shaped spikes. this must be worth a fortune... she decided to keep it, it was pretty, and probably valuable.

Sara walked back into the house. She saw her guinea pigs' cages and the timothy hay inside them. She took the beautiful green stone into her hand and took a handful of hay in her other hand. Her hand warmed yet again and the dry hay turned into lush green grass. She dropped it into the pigs' cage and watched them as they rushed out to the open space to much on the new treat. She sat down beside the cage and took one of the pigs into her hands. "Oh, Senita, what's wrong with me?" she asked the young pig as it gave her an affectionate nibble on the hand. Nothing was wrong with her, she thought again, it was just this strange stone. It was magical. It had to be.

Sonaya placed the rock on her desk, and went to get somthing to eat. Five seconds later it came back and hit her in the head. "Ow! What? ... its that rock thing... and.... it hit me. It hit me!" she put it in her pocket to prevent brain damage.

The rock that Serena had found was really ticking her off. You're glowing, okay? I don't know what to do to you! It's not everyday someone finds a gleaming rock and gains magical powers. And I can't throw you away. You just float back to me like I've owned you for forever. Serena walked further in to the woods inside her little bubble. Still, it's a lot more peaceful with a rock that blocks rain. The rock shone even harder and she felt like she was going blind.

Sara dusted herself off as she got to her feet. She wanted to know many things, like why she had the strange stone in her pocket that could give life back to plants, and, well, what was she supposed to do with it. She walked into the cooling air once again and jogged to the woods behind her house. She picked up one of the dead leaves off of the floor and, as she had guessed, the leaf turned green once more as her hand warmed. She sat on the ground and touched the rough bark of a maple tree, now blazen with the colors of autumn. She closed her eyes and concentrated only on the tree she was touching and the green stone in her pocket.

Guest �strophysicist

Jake was floating, and he was in extreame pain.

Garrick put his hand down and Jake fell and ran away.

Oh... my... God!

Garrick quickly jumped into the ocean, and he could breathe!