The Gems of Irria

Ruto

The creature explained more. "The stones you have found all contain powers of the six elements. However, your powers only worked when you were holding the stone. Now that the powers have been fused inside you, you may use them whenever you like." Taylor spoke up again. "That clears all but one thing up: where are we?" The creature turned to Taylor. "You are in the world of Irria. This is now your home; you have become one of the many creatures here. Good luck here." The figure disappeared, leaving Taylor very confused.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait......I don't want to be here for forever.....I want to be back to the mountain...... "But, what do we do here? I had a home where I used to live...and my favorite spot in all the world...Mt. Tristine." Serena was very confused with this world.

"Ahaha... Im ok with living here, it seems really nice." Sonaya blew a few notes on her acorn cap and grass harmonica. " Give me a sleeping bag and Ill be fine. By the way, How are we supposed to find this great darkness?"

"Why would I search you? and why does my having the darkness stone have anything to do with this?"

"I'm actually fine with being here. It's better than my...old place." I'll never have to visit that prison orphange again. Taylor felt a tweak of loneliness. What about Carly? How would she manage not knowing where Taylor was? Taylor pushed these things aside for a moment. "I guess...like it or not, we're stuck here. We might as well make the most of our time. Meet some other civilians, you know? If we're going to be here a while, we should at least make ourselves friends and not found as enemies." That wouldn't produce anything too good.

"Haha... Your kidding right? This is probably part of some kind of prophecy. As soon as they know we exist, we'll be drowned alive."

"Well, Sonaya, we can't possibly keep our presence here a secret forever. Someone will eventually find us, then we'll be in trouble. I'm not going to get myself into that scenario, so I'm going to wander around for a bit. Besides, I don't have the disadvantage of having to carry that rock anymore." Small flames came out of Taylor's fingertips. "We can defend ourselves if someone happens to attack us." What's with these worrywarts? Why can't they just move along without having to be cautious all the time?

"Well, I'm a mountain person, so I'm going to fly around and find someplace to just hang out. If I'm in trouble, I'll send out a snow cloud." But I won't be in trouble, Mountains are the areas with the purest air. Well, besides Denver. Serena practically laughed. She floated and started to fly away.

"Then Ill follow go check out the animals that live around here. It seems Like we should know about them." SOnaya formed a bubble around her and started towards a gathering dust cloud in the distance.

"The forest might be a bad place for me if I get in danger. Because...well, you know about forest fires. I think I'll go find a lake. Or a volcano, better yet. I doubt there's one here, though." Oh well, it's worth a try, I suppose. "Serena, before you go, do you see any bodies of water anywhere?" I wouldn't want to get lost here. Who knows if I would ever make it back?

Sonaya caught sight of some fierce looking claws coming out of the dust cloud, ANd immediatly turned around and got back to the pillars. "Ahaha... Maby Ill just stick with one of you guys... Maby getting torn to bits by claws isnt the best decision."

Serena rose farther up into the sky. She saw an ocean to their west. Far to their west. A river poured into it though, and that was only a mile or two away. A moutain range was north smoke was billowing out of one. The mountain range seemed to go on for forever. Forest was covering almost everything else. A plain was a day away on foot. Serena came down and told the rest of what she found.

Taylor turned to Sonaya. "Claws? What the--" Indeed, there was a few sets of claws scrambling there way toward them. "Finally, I get to release some real fire." Taylor jumped up and did a flaming kick attack. The fire spiraled around the cloud, then the cloud disappeared. Where it was previously, three creatures were lying on the ground. They sort of looked like rabbits, only bigger and with horns like a buck's. "Aww, it's just a few, uh...rabbits." I suppose I should wake them up and explain what happened.

"Um....if they had claws...I don't think they're friends..." Serena got ready to fight.

"Serena, lots of animals back at home have claws. That doesn't mean they're dangerous." Taylor gently shook one of the rabbit-like creatures. It woke up a little startled, then made a little clicking noise. "I say, that wasn't very nice of you. And look what you've done to my companions! You beast!" The rabbit jumped up and kicked Taylor back a few feet. She sat up and shook her head. "Woah! That thing can talk?" The rabbit huffed and turned around. "Yes, I'm a 'thing' that can talk. And if you have a problem with that, you've obviously come to the wrong place, kid. Good riddance to ya!" He hopped away, leaving the other two creatures still lying on the ground. Taylor turned back to the group. "That was...odd..."

"Well, great. Now were on there bad side. I guess that makes a great start for us. I'm going to log all the creatures." Serena took a book out of her backpack and a pen and wrote down the rabbits. "I'm calling them buckie-bunnies. I'm exploring the mountains."

"They can go ahead and think what they want to. I'm sure there's still plenty of other creatures here, probably more friendly than the...what did you say? Buckie-bunny?" Cute name. "Whatever, thanks for telling me where to find an ocean, Serena. I think I'll start heading there now." The two rabbits woke up at that time and quickly ran off. Taylor watched them run away, then started her trip to the ocean. This will be fun...taking a nice, long vacation away from the crowded building. I could get used to this place. Without looking, Taylor tripped over another animal. It wasn't a rabbit this time. It looked more like a combination of a bird and cat. Taylor looked back at the creature. "I'm really sorry, uh...birdie?" The animal just looked at her like she was the dumbest thing alive. Oh goodness, that was awkward. "Uh, I'll just be going now." She quickly ran off and the cat simply went back to his business.

Serena rushed up to the cat. She pet it and scratched it. "Sorry about that. Are you okay?" It purred. It jumped up into Serena's hands. "Mmm....I like you....." The cat jumped up into Serena's hands. "I guess I'll be your owner then." Serena raised up into the air snd started to fly to the mountains.

"... On one hand, The Buckie-Bunnies only hate Taylor. I think Ill just wander-AAAHH!!!" Sonaya was tackled to the ground as a pack of small creatures leapt on her back. they tore at her back as Sonaya trapped them in a bubble. They were bright green with blue streaks coming down their back, they had the face of a porcupine, but long sharp teeth. They had claws, but they were small but sharp. "Nasty little buggers..." SOnaya picked one up from the bubble and held its jaw shut. Its little arms couldnt reach her, so she was safe from scratching. "I wonder..." She put the porcupine type-thing in another bubble and left the others in the large bubble. she brought the small bubble with her as she wandered across the meadows.

On the way to the ocean, Taylor found a small pond that was safely away from trees. Ah, this will be perfect. She sat down in a comfortable spot and started twirling some flames around. Taylor was speaking to herself. "First order: learn to control the power. Don't let it control you." She held her hands steady as she moved a clump of fire around the perimeter of the pond. When she felt like she could easily move flames around, Taylor moved it into the water, then it disintegrated. It would be really useful it I could make this disappear on my own. Let's try. Taylor summoned some more flames and rose them up a few feet. When she clapped, she lost control and the fire merely fell into the water. She didn't let that discourage her and tried again. This time only half to the flames disappeared, and the rest fell again. All right, one more time. Taylor focused on the fire, then clapped again. All of the flames vanished. "Wow, that went well."

((Sorry for not posting in a few days- I was backpacking- ugh.))

Sara followed Taylor as she thought to herself what could possibly happen. Well, I have to stay here...um...forever. Wait- forever?!? There's got to be a way home. I know we can get home. "There's got to be a way to get home," she told Taylor. She paused for a moment and bent down to heal a flower that she had stepped on. She walked over to the dunes near the ocean where there were some plants. Now that she had the powers from her stone, she felt as if she were more at home with plants.

Taylor turned around and shook her head at Sara. "You heard that...thing. This is our home now. We're to stay here until we die. Which..." She looked toward the sun that seemed to be frozen in the sky. "...may be forever. Time doesn't seem to move here, or at least very fast. Besides, I actually like it here. It's better than my other home." Taylor wanted to say "homes", but she didn't. "I'm quite fine with staying here. Even then I can still find a problem...what are we supposed to eat?"

"Oh, I dunno. This place looks a lot like Earth, so maybe if we found something that is edible on Earth, it would also be edible here- wait! I know- I hope I can do this right..." said Sara, sitting on the ground and closing her eyes. She concentrated on the ground in front of her and the mental picture of her favorite fruits and veggies. When she opened her eyes, there was a large patch of wonderful fruit and vegetable plants- strawberries, pineapples , bananas, coconuts, carrots, and many more.