Vote for the obelisk War! Round 268

Duma

Which faction are you joining this round?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction are you joining?

• Thieves Guild
    • Brute Squad
    • Seekers

Which faction are you joining for this round?

So, vote!

Good luck!

You must win in minimal 10 battles each round in order to win the boons.

Oxbridge Prediction:

image.png

1 hour ago, granny63020 said:

I'm going with the seekers.

Me, too, Granny! No Spookies (Sway & Awakened) but I think Brains (Seekers) have more advantage over Brawn (Brutes) and possibly match ability (can we type s*k*i*l*l* here on TDN, I forget?) with the Crafty (Thieves).

I was amazed last night when I forgot that Kokariia had gotten blasted by the Snowager while trying to steal an item (not the best Aisha thief apparently), and went to square up with the Snowager at the Frost Arena and was mortified that Kokariia was facing the Snowager at 700 hp and she was not at her usual 650 hp, but was at 8 hp. You can't cancel out of a battle and you can't use healing potions until the battle is over, so I was prepared for a humiliating defeat. Of course, the first Round, Kokariia starts the Lens Flare ability that prevents the opponent from doing damage to your Neopet but I was shocked to see that using the Sword of Malum and the Thistleberry Pingrenade did extensive damage to the Snowager-he dropped down to about 350 hp. Not expecting Kokariia to make it through the 2nd Round, I used Warlock's Rage and replaced the Thistleberry Pingrenade (1 use per battle) with the Void Blade and was surprised that she won the battle and didn't even lose any of her 8 hps. Kokariia's Prize for winning, 50 neopoints! Really? Unbelievable-not even a tan codestone.

I really hope that this New Neopets World will come through on a Plot! :medieval: Kokariia is in need of some new challenges. :lmaosmiley:

33 minutes ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Me, too, Granny! No Spookies (Sway & Awakened) but I think Brains (Seekers) have more advantage over Brawn (Brutes) and possibly match ability (can we type s*k*i*l*l* here on TDN, I forget?) with the Crafty (Thieves).

I was amazed last night when I forgot that Kokariia had gotten blasted by the Snowager while trying to steal an item (not the best Aisha thief apparently), and went to square up with the Snowager at the Frost Arena and was mortified that Kokariia was facing the Snowager at 700 hp and she was not at her usual 650 hp, but was at 8 hp. You can't cancel out of a battle and you can't use healing potions until the battle is over, so I was prepared for a humiliating defeat. Of course, the first Round, Kokariia starts the Lens Flare ability that prevents the opponent from doing damage to your Neopet but I was shocked to see that using the Sword of Malum and the Thistleberry Pingrenade did extensive damage to the Snowager-he dropped down to about 350 hp. Not expecting Kokariia to make it through the 2nd Round, I used Warlock's Rage and replaced the Thistleberry Pingrenade (1 use per battle) with the Void Blade and was surprised that she won the battle and didn't even lose any of her 8 hps. Kokariia's Prize for winning, 50 neopoints! Really? Unbelievable-not even a tan codestone.

I really hope that this New Neopets World will come through on a Plot! :medieval: Kokariia is in need of some new challenges. :lmaosmiley:

I'm PROBABLY going to go with Seekers, but I haven't signed up yet.

Hey Midnight! lol That's a pretty hairy battle, congrats on pulling through it with a WIN!

I battle Snowy too, but because I don't want to risk losing a possible GREAT item from Snowy, I will take on Snowy even with single-digit HP to heal up.

First round, I use Mysterious Red Potion, my freezer and Regeneration for the faerie ability. If regeneration is blocked by Snowy using "Shhhh" I still have the effect of Mysterious Red Potion, which heals your HP 25% when it is super low, I think below 25% of max. So that saves me if Regeneration is blocked. If Regeneration works, then I'm restored to Full HP, minus whatever damage Snowy does that first turn. In my 2nd turn, I use G-bomb, my Healer and Icicle for Faerie Ability. Then in the next turn, I use Blazing Embers and change the faerie ability to Lens Flare or Warlock's Rage.

If I'm facing Snowy at Full HP. I use G-Bomb, Blazing Embers, and Lens Flare in the first round. If that doesn't beat Snowy's 700hp in one turn, then on the 2nd turn, I leave Blazing Embers in the slot, and just use Warlock's Rage for my faerie ability. Blazing Embers is strong enough with my strength boost to finish off Snowy in the 2nd turn without having to use Sword of Malum with Blazing Embers. I wish my pet was capable of beating Snowy on Medium difficulty. But, I would probably need another 10,000hp to have a chance to do that with my current intermediate-level equipment! lol

EDIT: Well, it seems the BD glitched on me. I used my usual setup, and it SHOULD'VE worked. But for some reason, the Freezer got bumped to the first slot, and despite Snowy's Snowager breath missing me, it must've still froze me so I couldn't act. First time this has happened. Oh well, I went in with 8hp. So I'm going to visit the Healing Springs and get healed, how much HP is a guess and then I'm going to try this again. lol

Screenshot of my battle log under the spoiler.

image.png.399c74fdd889ae6ceb7bf6f86e13c86f.png

YAY !  Your right, been a long time for me too. After I saw your posts (Cuddlesoftness & iloveeevee)   I quickly checked and yes I did it! I chose the bank bribery and Full Pockets. How great it is and how happy I am since it has been so long.   YIPPEE!

P.S. Sorry, didn't mean to leave you out 360!  So glad you too chose the Seekers! We are all going to have a great week.

8 hours ago, Duma said:

I picked the Round Round Round boon as I still need the avatar for the wheel of excitement.

Good luck getting that avatar i was lucky and got it within a couple of months being back. I am still spinning for knowledge though but didn't think about that boon for that ah well maybe next time

YAY! I we won this week. I am having a problem with one of my boons and I think I asked here before but it has been so long since I won I can't find the answer so it was a link someone posted that O could use to go to and scratch the cards. Here is what I get . I screen shot it but it had the words Claim Your Prize flashing at the bottom. I did click that but nothing happens. I know  have more than 50 cards to scratch so if you posted that link here before will you please post it again. Each of these cards usually end up with about 4000+ nps with the boon. Please and thank you!

image.png.a93f34b48510fef3ea8ef98a6f55e971.png