How are you adjusting to the beta?

discobiscuit

2 hours ago, discobiscuit said:

I'm not sure what I'm doing differently that made it work the other day so I'm going to temporarily suspend my pro-tip until I work this out.

Maybe it's that TNT are at work today and stuff's being altered? I suspect changes will be happening all the time now, as they narrow down the stuff people are getting the most mad about. 😅

In terms of actual user interface, I'm struggling a bit, and mostly rely on 2 different pet pages that I bookmarked to get from page to page. Some of the new art is really nice though for the pages that they have done for different neopian lands. I like the way they changed the healing springs where I can heal and see what is for sale on the same page, and the wheels they do have done are really nice. The neopian boards are hard on the eyes though and causing me to misread things, although I'm not sure why. The inventory refreshing every time I do something is starting to really get to me. I only use it if I have 1 thing to do, otherwise, the classic inventory link is still up so I can do multiple things without waiting for the refresh. The shop wizard is also getting to me since I never use the "contains my phrase" option and having to change that every time I try to search for something new is an extra 2 clicks for every refresh. Sometimes I forget to change that, and it gives me a search for something entirely different so I have to search again. Wish it wasn't the default.

I'd add that the really low selection of games - and how buggy most of them seem to be - is a shame. I can't actually get a score to send on Fashion Fever as it says Invalid Session, Turmac Roll is laggy and doesn't register all of the berries and the screen for Ice Cream Machine seems smaller (not sure if that's my imagination) and again there's a lag as the ice creams fall which makes the game frustrating. I'm not sure I have the heart to try out the few remaining games that have been converted until they iron out the kinks rather more.

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I can play and send Fashion Fever scores ok, so I guess this is browsers stickin' their oar in again?

Possibly. I got one score sent but my other four attempts were less successful. Thankfully it's a short enough 'game' that you don't care so much!

I figured out the shop wizard issue that was bugging me.

If you go to the shop wizard through the neopets interface directly, like a normal person would, when you return to it by hitting back in your browser, it may not work and you get an error (this has improved in recent days, though).  If you hit back and do not get an error, your search field will be empty and you have to retype what you're looking for.  This also happens for reloading the shopwizard with F5.

If you went to the shop wizard from somewhere that preloads your search, like the jellyneo items page does, then you don't get errors for going back in your browser. 

In boring technical terms, the URL for the shop wizard normally looks like this: http://www.neopets.com/shops/wizard.phtml
But a preloaded search looks like this: http://www.neopets.com/shops/wizard.phtml?string=Pirate+Hook+Candy+Cane

Adding that string argument fixes something that normally goes wrong with the reload or back.  I don't see a lot of people bookmarking pre-loaded search terms so this doesn't have a lot of practical value for you guys, but it bothered me, so I had to figure it out.

I’ll have to learn that Inventory trick because I’ve been going through the drop down to “my shop” then accessing in on the old page, same with SDB.

I used to earn my np primarily through games, so a lot of them not working is rough for me. It’s also a bit annoying that Kass Basher doesn’t let you keep using the bat the next time you play, you have to start from scratch again : / - it’s also the Better Than You challenge atm and doesn’t seem to be connecting back.

I’ve been playing neopets forever, but only just came back about 4 days ago- it’s been maybe 2 years since I last played- so hopefully with a bit more time on my part and improvements on their part things will start to flow easier.

yeah, my cousin was on my computer last night when she was over and trying to igloo garage sale game, she said it was running a little slow to drop items so it let her get a really good score and then when she tried to submit it, it said score submission failed suspicious user-but she was playing other games too, including her favorites from the older games and this was the only one it did that one, it kinda scared her, as she was just playing the game the regular way. Anybody else encounter that with the new games?

On 1/9/2021 at 2:18 PM, bonnie_morrison said:

yeah, my cousin was on my computer last night when she was over and trying to igloo garage sale game, she said it was running a little slow to drop items so it let her get a really good score and then when she tried to submit it, it said score submission failed suspicious user-but she was playing other games too, including her favorites from the older games and this was the only one it did that one, it kinda scared her, as she was just playing the game the regular way. Anybody else encounter that with the new games?

The Igloo game is glitched and allowing ridiculous scores - a lot of people are having this issue apparently so your cousin doesn't need to worry overly.