Happy Blumaroo Day

hrtbrk

i like the Polka Dot Blumaroo 

it's a bit busy but not overdone 

THE OUTFIT THOUGH !!!!!! 

IT'S MARY POPPINS !!!!

my favorite female movie character of all time !!!

its just perfect !!!!!!!!

Mary Poppins (1964) - Photo Gallery - IMDb

I don't much care for the Polka Dot Blumaroo, but I don't really like the color to begin with so....

The outfit is really nice. My only complaint is the umbrella. It looks like it is sitting over the Blums ear rather than having that parasol look to it. I think it just looks rather flat.

I don't think I'd want one but the Polka Dot is quite cute. It would be a nightmare to customise without being garish though.

I do like that outfit... @Angeló is right, it reminds me of Mary Poppins!

This is one of the better polkadot pets, though that unfortunately's not sayin' much as they generally always look pretty bad; the yucky shade of blue, or the equally yucky shade of pink is just, well, yucky. 🙃 The blue bits on this one don't seem quite such an unpleasant colour as they usually use. 

http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php?colour=polkadot&species=all&pose=happy+male

Looking at them all en masse I guess I'm being a leetle mean. Here's some that to me are the better-looking of the bunch.

image.png.8a251d097dc7c7ca08c4d617b6a04dbd.pngmaybe because it doesn't have any yucky secondary colour, lol, also Aishas always look amazing? And who'd not want that collar!

Look how fabulous it looks on my pirate where it's not fighting for attention. image.png.1494a3c6eee61bb97ae1f5723cc413a1.png As an aside - this pet, that just sits ignored on my side and was adopted solely so the Quig on there wasn't on his own. I now have the urge to do some intensive cross-painting and get them ALL THE COLLARS, just for the heck of it. Long-term mega expensive Neo-goals?

Gotta have 'em! :lmaosmiley:

Back to the dots!

image.png.c8309590a533e632ca0ff1454ff95e99.pngThis green is a pretty colour and a great contrast, though the cream on the ruff's not doing if for me.

This guy looks awesome! the feet and brows are a nice shade, but for me it's the grounding done by the big dark eyes that does it.image.png.883cbc1b0bf26d91cff6e3820230dba8.png

image.png.f3865e2ed45de551228857ff44e1759c.pngStarting to decide it's pets with ruffs etc. that break up the expanse of dots, that look best. Would have benefitted from darker eyes too but hey ho.

Anyways, on to the outfit! Totally agree with @Mouseykins about the parasol. I mean come on, it's a species specific item and you couldn't make it fit better ??

And while OH MY GOURD YAY to hair and hat on separate layers, it's looking like the hair's just been plonked on top of the ears there. This Blum is suffering from the same follicular embarrassment that the poor Gnorbu is perpetually afflicted with.

An excellent example of this for your viewing pleasure... image.png.0084c91fda6382bbc95487c481ecca7b.png

I shall be looking out for the neckerchief for my Blum, and I'll try the hair on her, maybe. I mean it looks nice, but unless they fix the ear issue I'll not want it, and they'll not fix the ear issue. I'm underwhelmed by the hat which makes me sad. It's like a slap in the face when they release a hat that can be worn with any wig but I don't like it much. xD

TNT, WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME, I'M TAKIN' IT PERSONALLY! 🤣

@jellysundae

I'd say the Polka Dot Bruce, Hissi and Zafara are amongst the worst of a generally bad bunch. I agree that they are better when there is a solid colour somewhere to counteract the sheer excess of polka dots, but even they aren't great then!! I mean the Ogrin looks almost as mismatched and randomly put together as his mutant counterpart!!

Polka Dot is a yucky colour for me, I don`t like it on any of the pets, though I do think it looks slightly better with some areas of the body having a solid colour. Just.. not a fan of multi coloured dots. The Spotted and Speckled looks are more pleasing.

The Mary Poppins-inspired outfit is soooo pretty, I especially love the dress, it`s so gorgeous, and the shoes are lovely as well. Not a big fan of the necktie, and I feel the wig should have been tied up in a bun or something instead of being loose. The umbrella is really nice, but like someone else mentioned, the placement of it is off, this is unfortunately very common. OMG I just realized the wig and hat are two separate items!!! YAAASS, thank you, TNT! Customization is all about options, and breaking an outfit into more separate items makes it easier for us to dress our pets the way we want, they`re finally getting it, lol!