The Runway Votes #95

Nielo

Choose your favourite entries  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite entries

2. 2. Choose your favourite entries

This poll is closed to new votes

It's time to vote for your favourite entries again! :D

Important note: Voting for yourself is NOT allowed! Doing so will result in disqualification. Please double check your votes before submitting them to avoid mistakes, because they can't be changed afterwards.

Current theme: Intriguingly Invisible
Description: Customise an Invisible pet.
Entering period: Monday, January 27 - Sunday, February 2
Voting period: Monday, February 3 - Sunday, February 9

Be sure to check out the animation links below each entry to "see" them in all their glory! (And make sure to enable Flash on DTI!)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Voting is now officially closed! And the winners are...

1st Place

runwaygold_tdn.png&key=1345c4447786e33c2

preposter_
The One Ring

The-One-Ring.png&key=21fb4ad0510ef51fcc1

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2001402
"Frodo prepares to set out on his adventure to destroy The One Ring..."

2nd Place

runwaysilver_tdn.png&key=f7e67f60e15d0f7

Yuiina
It is the last thing you'll see!

4y24erI.png&key=24f992790b0054ca35cf403c

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2003364

3rd Place

runwaybronze_tdn.png&key=6a365cfafed8694

angie8204
Invisible Sorceress

gelert.png&key=b614aac8ea70edd7b672af227

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2003078
"Everything we see is simply a shadow cast by that which we cannot see."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________     

Bookpony

The Student of Old

invisible.jpg&key=278018de43c48d95381912

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2001380
"Brightvale University has many legends; in the north tower in the library lurks one of them. Known for her gothic flair, long tresses, and lavender eyes, Sophisbisa was one of the brightest students of her class. Now, all that remains of her is a dark dress, shiny locks of hair, and an eye...an all-seeing, lavender eye."

queen_hatshepset

Intriguingly Invisible

preview.png&key=8ca0877108513f8ec7e038cf

Animation linkhttp://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2001277 
"Stay on fashionable with  the latest trends with this new spring dress which is on display at Valentines Sew  shop."

FreakyBowie

Marauder of Maraqua

wPjUTFk.png

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2001462
"Her ship wrecked, and so did she. Here she remains, haunting the briny deep of Maraqua. Legend has it, she only becomes visible when there's a red sky at night."

jellysundae

Teething problems

TyzHK2M.jpg&key=cf110018c0bd8e5482999181

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2002995
"I leave them alone for 5 minutes and THIS is what happens?! Never liked that couch much anyway..."

angie8204

Invisible Sorceress

gelert.png&key=b614aac8ea70edd7b672af227

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2003078
"Everything we see is simply a shadow cast by that which we cannot see."

aleu1986

The Invisible Child

medium_preview.png&key=81b750a50a4d49a90

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2003721
"Based on an episode of the animated Moomin series. A little girl named Ninny has turned invisible from being frightened by her caretaker, and with the help and love from the Moomin family she feels secure and gains confidence, so she becomes visible again."

hpb63094

The Blind Date

Runway-95.png&key=cfaee9b910bcb6ed60056b

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2001337
"Why won't anyone dance with me?!" she lamented, waiting for her date who never showed."

Angeló

Ghost 

spnZz4T.png&key=bcc84aae7d996d7a50f10850

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2004116
"Some say if you pass by the abandoned mansion on a quiet night, you can hear her solemnly weeping  ... forever waiting ... "

spurdy777

Defeating Heartbreak

medium_preview.png&key=d9d7b0ef0f62631b7

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2004146
"The happy Usul was on her way to see her love when she was attacked by a sorceress who had long been jealous of the Usuls beauty.
The sorceress stole her beauty and replaced it with a broken heart.
The only way to reverse the terrible spell is to complete the journey down the enchanted Trail of Tears...where broken hearts are mended and tears are left behind.
"

Yuiina

It is the last thing you'll see!

4y24erI.png&key=24f992790b0054ca35cf403c

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2003364

preposter_

The One Ring

The-One-Ring.png&key=21fb4ad0510ef51fcc1

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2001402
"Frodo prepares to set out on his adventure to destroy The One Ring..."

coolmusic_girl

Invisible Garden Party

Invisible-Garden-Party.png&key=c740e53a4

Animation linkhttp://impress.openneo.net/outfits/2004810
"A special garden party for all the Invisibles!"

Holy moly there are so many good entries for this Runway! Aaahahaha I love the One Ring! That is so creative! Gosh I love all of them. Great creativity everyone  

I've had my usual problem here of do I vote for ALL the ones I like, or keep it to just the ones I really like. Second option won in the end this time around but I always end up wishing you could grade your voting. So here's B+ votes for these three entries, but these three get A★... but sadly that's only happening in my head. ?

I was curious about the entries on this round! :D 

My favorite is nº 4. I think those are the type of customization that shine the most amongst Invisible pets, they're super creative It's clearly yours @jellysundae :whistle:

I'd like to point out that the reason I didn't vote on nº 11, even though I think the idea is super original and had lots of potentials, I don't feel like it worked. I don't mean to sound rude or anything but it's a pity because I think it had lots of potentials. Especially being myself a huge fan of LOTR.
I don't understand why these items are there

image.png.3d39adf4319da4e629514620be917bfc.png

And for me, they ruined the entry.
I'd have fallen in love if it was something like this (it's just a quick example)

CMGzD2b.png

"In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the Dark Lord Sauron forged in secret a master ring. One ring to rule them all!"

That'd definitely have my master vote!

1 hour ago, Yuiina said:

It's clearly yours @jellysundae 

?

I... don't know WHAT you're talking about!!! ?

Did that sound the least bit convincing?

@Angeló

My brain doesn't see it that way :laughingsmiley:

My brain doesn't understand why he has the ring on and:

- he has glitter on his body;
- his feet/clothes/food is showing;
- he's having rainbow colors coming out of him.

It doesn't make sense on my LOTR brain department :laughingsmiley:

Of course, this is my opinion! Just wanted to point out that I loved the idea behind it but not the result ^_^

The LOTR entry isn`t mine, but I can see the purpose of most of the items, such as the backpack, food and hairy feet - they all fit right in. The ring turns the wearer invisible. Check. (Except for the feet in this customizations case). I think it looks cool how you can see the ring, even if wouldn`t be visible in the book/movie. The animated effects, Swirl of Power and Curse of Strength look a bit odd in a still image -the animated version is better, if a bit flashy. Now, judging by the descriptions of the effects: "The power to transform into a hero," and "Power always comes at a price," it`s clear why they were chosen.
If I were to make a Frodo/Bilbo customization myself, I would have gone with a visible pet, but that wasn`t the challenge in this round. ? It`s a fun idea, I just think it looks better/cleaner without the animated effects.

@Yuiina Everybody has a different image of famous characters in their minds, and we also all use/interpret Neo's items differently when customising an entry. To be honest, I don't really understand why you felt the need to point out here that #11 didn't match your image of Frodo. If you don't like an entry, don't vote for it, but you could've waited to ask for a clarification on the items until after this round ended, and the creator of the entry had been announced. I'm all for discussing the entries in this thread, but this seemed kind of needlessly critical to me.

3 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Just wanted to point out that I loved the idea behind it but not the result ^_^

@Nielo

I had the time to comment on the entries on the overall and again, I thought that using the One Ring for this round was brilliant. But, for me, it didn't make sense and therefore that's the reason it didn't get my vote, or else, it would have ^_^

11 minutes ago, Nielo said:

@Yuiina Yes, I read everything you wrote. I still stand by my last post.

I wasn't aware that we couldn't give our opinions about the entries on the Runway... It's not like I insulted the person and said that she did a terrible job. 
I don't like some of the entries on this round or others and I didn't or will ever say that they were terrible entries. 
In this case, I was commenting on ALL the entries (because NOW I had the time for it) and I wanted to let the creator know that I loved the original idea but not the result because I didn't agree with the items used. I could have been silent, still not vote for that entry and that person wouldn't know I loved the idea behind it. 
But if necessary, I won't be commenting anymore in the future and stick to voting. 

I voted for the LOTR entry BECAUSE of the things @Yuiina pointed out (before she commented) ... so yes , we each have our own taste & preference ...

I also understand what @Nielo is saying though ... because someone might read the comment and it would swing the votes one way or another ... Nielo didn't say you can't express your opinion , and of course Yuiina didn't mean any insult ... but maybe it's better to discuss the entry with the creator , either here or in Private Messages , after the results are announced :) ... I personally can't wait to know who did it ... 

As for some features in the images (like the Rainbow Rays in our example)  ... this is something DTI can't control ... and some colors / animations come out weird in the still image ... 

Peace & Love 

27 minutes ago, Yuiina said:

I wasn't aware that we couldn't give our opinions about the entries on the Runway... It's not like I insulted the person and said that she did a terrible job. 
I don't like some of the entries on this round or others and I didn't or will ever say that they were terrible entries. 
In this case, I was commenting on ALL the entries (because NOW I had the time for it) and I wanted to let the creator know that I loved the original idea but not the result because I didn't agree with the items used. I could have been silent, still not vote for that entry and that person wouldn't know I loved the idea behind it. 
But if necessary, I won't be commenting anymore in the future andstick with voting. 

Like I said, I'm all for discussing entries in this thread, and you're definitely welcome to give your opinion on them! :smile: 

It's just that pointing out how much you love the idea, then showing how you would've done it completely differently, really only keeping the theme, which is an existing series of books and movies, comes across (to me*) as if you're saying you love the (existing) scene the entry represents, but not the entry itself... I have no doubt you meant it as a compliment, and there's a good chance the person whose entry it is will see it that way (and will disagree with me), but I do feel like it's kind of my responsibility (as Runway host) to jump in when I feel like one specific entry is being over-analysed (which is why I responded when I did, and not earlier).

(*Perhaps this is a good time to mention that I don't know much about LotR at all. It's one of the few books I never managed to finish, and I gave up after the first film. So if I'm missing something here, I do apologise. This is just how it comes across to me, someone who knows nothing about the scene the entry represents.)

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to those who voted for me! ?
I know I took a chance with basing my entry on an episode of Moomin, lol, but I wasn`t feeling inspired so I ended up with something basic rather than something cool. But that`s okay! ?

Howdy guys!

I've been out of town & missed all of the excitement over my Frodo entry. Thank you all for your suggestions/defenses of my entry. I don't take offense at anything negative. Part of the fun for me is learning from what others do. I can’t tell you how many things have gone on my Wish List after seeing them on here.

Thank you Nielo for trying to keep the discussion to after final voting has been made so it doesn’t affect a possible vote.

I believe we all discovered that for some invisible pets all clothing becomes invisible too, while others it does not. So after deciding my character, the next decision was “do I want everything invisible & defined by trinkets, backgrounds, garlands or do I want to add some clothing & accessories?” Clearly I went with “add some” but I didn’t completely dress Frodo because he’s caught in a magic spell.

Angeló you got it perfect in your comments: Frodo’s back pack, next meal, & hilarious hairy feet! Glad I got my ideas across. I love decorating Usuls & I like to have an Usul bow unless it conflicts with a cape or something. It makes me feel like the customization is complete. There isn’t an invisible Usul bow; so the Woodland Usul Backpack was just for me so Frodo wasn’t unclothed. I like Bruces to wear a bow, Elephantes to wear a hat & Ixis and Aishas to wear a collar.

I didn’t look up the scenes when someone was wearing the ring prior to my entry. If I had done so, I may have made different selections. Having now viewed the scene from the Sign of the Prancing Pony, my swirling power/curse are very light, while the movies were very dark.

I added the Markings because I thought Frodo still showed up in the scenes he’s wearing the ring. (He does.)  The things around him are vague. So the markings define where he is. I used the 2 effects because they could both be worn together & represented the magic/curse of the ring. We all know a screenshot doesn’t represent our entries very well, but I tried to get the magic power/curse both represented.

Thanks for the discussion, critique, & votes everyone. I agree with queen_hatshepset “Holy moly there are so many good entries for this Runway!” & jellysundae “do I vote for ALL the ones I like, or keep it to just the ones I really like.

At the end of the day I hope we all had fun. I know I did! Thank you also for those who voted for me.

• 1 month later...

Posting this in here because it's so relevant, lol.

@Yuiina sent me an NM last month and I blanked entirely on the last bit of it. Just read that bit, today, lol. 🤦‍♀️

image.png.cdb7119b278d2f8306f7aeb540226055.png

Checking it out now and I'm thinking "it's probably been changed by now," and then I saw it and I'm pretty sure it probably hasn't and I understood immediately what Yuiina meant. 🤣

I'd have been very proud of myself if I'd come up with this as an entry for this round!

image.png.f322263af8af035514cbf39cd360ac10.png

The Meepit as a petpet is just the icing on the cake with this pet. 😄 Don't drink the Kool Aid!

Thank you for sharing this with me, and I'm glad I eventually saw it! 🥰

6 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

That is an amazing customization, I love that someone came up with that!! :D Thanks for sharing!

You are very welcome! :D

2 hours ago, Yuiina said:

@jellysundae

Only today? 

Shocked Surprised Face - GIF - Buzz Uploads

I'm glad she didn't change the custom xD That's an amazing custom and has Jackie written all over it :laugh:

I know, right? But I DID see it in the end. :D

I particularly love how the leaf that falls down in front of the face looks like a green sweat drop, like it's been drinking its own poison. 🤣

Where did you see this customisation?