Enter the Runway #87!

Nielo

If you're new to the contest, or simply want a reminder of the rules, they can be found right here.

Okay, so I didn't really think ahead, and only just realised that adhering to our regular entering/voting period would mean that the results of next round would have to be posted on Monday the 23rd of September, when I'll be on holiday... Just extending the entering period 2 weeks wouldn't do much good, as that'd mean that I'd have to put up the next round on the 23rd, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to extend the entering period by 2 whole weeks, making it 3 weeks total. ? Sorry guys! I did pick a theme that might keep you busy for a while though. :wink2:

Current theme: NeoPoint VS. NeoCash
Description: Create 2 entries, using the exact same pet (of your choice), and make them as similar as possible. The trick is that you can only use NeoPoint items for one of the entries, and only NeoCash items for the other. You can use the 'Advanced search' option on DTI to limit your search to NP or NC items. (I know the entries can't be identical, so to illustrate what I mean, here are two entries I made: a NP one and an NC one, both featuring a wizard-like Blue Shoyru, wearing blue robes, in a forest.)
Entering period: Monday, September 9 - Sunday, September 29
Voting period: Monday September 30 - Sunday, October 6

I also just want to remind everyone that whenever the image DTI provides doesn't look as awesome as you'd like, it's always okay to send me a screenshot instead! I recently posted a guide about taking/sending screenshots. If anything is still unclear, or if you have any corrections/additions, please post in that thread, or let me know some other way.

If you have any questions about this round or the Runway in general, just post them here, or send me a message. :smile: 
(Also: never hesitate to send me a message if you have any theme suggestions!
)

Interesting theme! I like it :D 

I already had many ideas popping up but before I can choose one of those to be my entry, I'd like to clarify if they have to be similar in colors or similar on the theme? 

Imagine I'll choose the theme of a librarian and I make the 2 outfits. But they don't use the same color palette at all, not on the cloths or background. Does that count? 

Ah! And hopefully you'll enjoy your vacations :heart:

This is such a great theme, especially to keep us busy during your holiday ☺️ It's also exciting because I work with almost no NC for my pets unless I get something as a prize or given by someone so it will be really cool to see what we can do with just neopoints to create similar things to neocash.

21 hours ago, Yuiina said:

Interesting theme! I like it :D 

I already had many ideas popping up but before I can choose one of those to be my entry, I'd like to clarify if they have to be similar in colors or similar on the theme? 

Imagine I'll choose the theme of a librarian and I make the 2 outfits. But they don't use the same color palette at all, not on the cloths or background. Does that count? 

Ah! And hopefully you'll enjoy your vacations :heart:

The colours don't need to be an exact match; like I said, I know it can't be identical. But I think it'd be nice to try and make it as similar as possible, so something might not have the same colour, but the shape might be similar (or vice versa). So in addition to choosing the same theme for both entries, try to at least use (mostly) similar items. :smile:

55 minutes ago, Nielo said:

The colours don't need to be an exact match; like I said, I know it can't be identical. But I think it'd be nice to try and make it as similar as possible, so something might not have the same colour, but the shape might be similar (or vice versa). So in addition to choosing the same theme for both entries, try to at least use (mostly) similar items. :smile:

Roger! It's a good challenge and those 2 weeks will come in handy ^_^

I know there`s a petpage (or used to be, at least) that listed NP and NC backgrounds that looked similar. I of course can`t remember the name, but I`ll be sure to edit this post and add it - unless someone knows which one I mean, and can post thelink? ?

EDIT: I`ve gone through my bookmarked petpages and asked around on the boards, no luck in finding it. ? Sorry guys!

QUESTION!!!!

Are paint brush items allowed on NC entry?

Like these:

4.png 4.png 

3 items                                                                   1 items                                                                                                                                                       

They're not really "cloths", that's why I'm asking if they can be used!

@Yuiina Good question. I think they're often referred to as "paintbrush clothes", so they are clothes, but they're neither NP nor NC... In the images you posted above, the items are part of the colour of the pet, so it's perfectly alright to use them. I'm a little more hesitant about allowing cross-painting (using items belonging to one paintbrush colour on a pet that has a different paintbrush colour), because they're not part of that pet's colour then. I mean, I won't disqualify entries that do this, but I'd like to suggest people don't.

So, to sum up:

- Yes, you're allowed to use paintbrush items, since they're part of a pet's colour (so you can use them with both the NP and the NC one).
- But, try to only use them for a pet that actually has that paintbrush colour.

I keep starting an entry but not finishing it. ?

I think my initial idea's gonna work, I just don't wanna end up with an entry that's basically just a very simple outfit and a background because there's no other comparable things. But really that's just me creating a problem for myself because there's no reason why that can't be my entry, lol.

Judging by Nielo's examples we need to be careful to not get too bogged down with trying to make every single item we use be as similar as possible, her Shoyrus have entirely different clothes on beneath their cloaks. ?

7 hours ago, jellysundae said:

Judging by Nielo's examples we need to be careful to not get too bogged down with trying to make every single item we use be as similar as possible, her Shoyrus have entirely different clothes on beneath their cloaks. ?

Exactly, as similar as possible. Not all the details need to be the same. (But also, don't get too bogged down with my example, as I made those two customs in less than 5 minutes. XD)

@Yuiina I can solve your problem with just one word!

BALDNESS

?

I think I'm ready to submit to Nielo!

Yep, that sounds dodgy. ?

2 hours ago, aleu1986 said:

Sent in my entry now, really excited to see how everyone has solved this challenge. I feel I did alright, but I bet someone has really crushed it, lol.

I'm just glad I had an idea and managed to take it to fruition, was very unsure if I was going to be able to for a while there!

Hopefully this turns out to be one of the rounds that has a lot of entrants because I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else does. :D

• 2 weeks later...