What is it like where you live?

Kute

Lovely house! Living in America at one place is really tough, at least for me. I have to wander here and there because of my job. And now I and my wife are in Concord. Found a really good location but the house needed a renovation! Thanks to the Home Quality Remodeling professionals in Concord who did a really good job and made our dream house possible! It's lovely living here. And I will be here for some years or so.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, alangrin said:

I live in Prague right now. It's amazing city with friendly people and beautiful architecture

Prague is a beautiful city. As a local do the tourists have an impact on your daily life at all?

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Michigan - probably always will! I LOVE it here, while I don't necessarily like the apartment that we're currently in (my dislike mostly comes from ONE HORRENDOUS  neighbor and lack of space for all of my plants) I do love  Michigan. I have been to quite a few places in the US and Canada - nothing really seems to compare. The weather is about as unpredictable as it gets - it can be 75 and sunshine one day with a rain/snow mix the next! You're never more than a hop, skip, and a jump away from a lake or river. Even in the 'crappy' places (Detroit, Flint) there's still a lot of beautiful architecture and pretty deep sense of culture - especially in Detroit, A few months back my husband and I took  day trip to Detroit - we got off the highway to a protest about ending violence and hatred - pretty big deal for a place with such a bad reputation. I'll also add that we walked around until very late, unarmed and unafraid. Yet when you walk into a convenience store in certain places, they were obviously well-armed. The colors in the fall ARE amazing - although not quite that of Maine or a few other states. The winters lately have been pretty...weird. Cold with not a LOT of snow. When I was younger it seemed that there was much more snow. A little bit north of where I am Cherry season is a huge deal - there's a festival and all that. (Traverse City). The sand dunes are a really good time - one of the coolest things is to go from Sleeping Bear to Lake Michigan, it's only a few miles but through sand it feels like much more - we took two days, made a small drift-wood fire and camped out under the stars. Cut River Bridge is another pretty cool place. Mackinac Island - I could go on for ever. I'll simply leave it at I am blessed to live in this beautiful place :D

Sleeping Bear just sounds like an awesome name for a place. I haven't been to Michigan but it does look and sound beautiful. I'm a huge fan of the cold so maybe one day, I'll venture over for there during fall-winter seasons.

I live in NYC, it's overcrowded and quite stinky in some places. The subway [that's almost always late] is super gross during the warmer months but great during the winter months. Contrary to popular belief, I think NYers are actually really nice and helpful. You just need to find the right ones haha. There's over 8.5 million of us here so crowding is often an issue. Anyone causing a bottleneck on the sidewalks or stairways will probably have some words shouted at them. People have places to go and people to see so we are often rushing around. A lot of people think of Manhattan right off the bat but I live in one of the outer boroughs where housing is "affordable" ?. I could just drop everything and move to a smaller city but I grew up here and everything is oh so convenient. I go to Boston, MA quite often and I'm astonished at how early everything closes. This city has spoiled me silly but it has taught me to appreciate a lot of different cultures, food, languages, and an endless assortment of personalities. I vacation abroad a lot (Europe and Asia mostly) and haven't turned my airplane noses domestically yet.

14 hours ago, LekkerLekker89 said:

lack of space for all of my plants

YESSS!!! Another plant mama! ?? :D:D:D

Nothing more to add to this than that. :ph34r:

Oh, well, maybe this... ?

3847458_1.jpg

Freezing winters, and pretty warm summers. There's not a lot of excitement in my town, but that's fine.