Petpet Park

mtsparky

They should've had it like that from the beginning right when it closed instead of redirecting now.

It's kind of silly having a daily to a website that's closed.

I have a feeling this will make it to the Neopian Times Editorial, for this week, or at least I hope it does. But, I have a another feeling that the explanation will not be forthcoming as it should be. I agree with named444 that discontinuing that daily back when Petpet Park closed would have been better than having it go on for almost 2 years, and no mention of ending it. They could have at least made a comment on the "News" link, about it. Part of me is hoping this is an "oops" and will be fixed, but I know it is wishful thinking.

Funny thing is, this link still exists:

http://www.neopets.com/petpetpark/celebration.phtml

But clicking on Weltrude's Toy Chest gives the same as mtsparky noted.

The other interesting thing is, Weltrude's Toy Chest link itself:

http://www.neopets.com/petpetpark/daily.phtml

Both links are Neopets links, and not direct links to Petpet Park (ie petpetpark.com).

*Sigh* A moment of silence to Weltrude, her Toy Chest daily, and to the good ol' days...

Aw, bye bye Weltrude. I guess that will neaten up than section on the dailies page, at least. As once the link for the Petpet Park's removed Kiko Pop won't be hanging out on a row of its own down at the bottom any more.

And yes, NOW begins our regrets for discarding/donating endless copies of Faellie Tales etc. :laughingsmiley: Will we ever learn to not throw anything away?! xD

Interestingly enough...looking on the prize list for Weltrude's chest (that sounds so VERY wrong! xD) The books that I regularly got from there weren't anywhere near the complete selection, there's at least 10 that I've NEVER received in 18 months of regular visits.

Aw, bye bye Weltrude. I guess that will neaten up than section on the dailies page, at least. As once the link for the Petpet Park's removed Kiko Pop won't be hanging out on a row of its own down at the bottom any more.

And yes, NOW begins our regrets for discarding/donating endless copies of Faellie Tales etc. :laughingsmiley: Will we ever learn to not throw anything away?! xD

Interestingly enough...looking on the prize list for Weltrude's chest (that sounds so VERY wrong! xD) The books that I regularly got from there weren't anywhere near the complete selection, there's at least 10 that I've NEVER received in 18 months of regular visits.

Way to look on the bright side :p evening up the page will be nice. I did enjoy when I made some NPs from the daily though most times the prizes just went straight to my SDB.

The games are an easy way to earn a little more.

I'm kind of a hoarder when it comes to these things, I save at least 10 of each item in my SDB just in case. You never know when the price increase will happen. I can't tell you how many forgotten shore maps I still have.... lol

This sucks about Weltrude, althought I make a mass amount of my NP from the Food Club, that was a pretty easy NP/Item grabber for my shop type thing :/

There's always the Igloo Garage Sale :)

I can't tell you how many forgotten shore maps I still have.... lol

HA! I'm much the same, even though I have culled my stock of those several times, having just looked I can see I still currently have double figures of nearly all of them. I just...I like maps, so I don't like throwing those away >_< The forgotten shore itself is pretty, so I wanna keep pictures of it, lol.

Yes, a little editorial would have been nice. Maybe something will be mentioned at some point. Maybe someone will submit a story about where she's disappeared to with her chest, and it will get published :)