What are your Halloween plans tonight ?

marbear_4u

I'm going ghost hunting (:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It's funny...When I was a kid, I always wished I was older, so I could drive or stay out late. Now that I am older and it is Halloween, I wish I could be younger, just so I could go "trick-or-treating". I always liked Halloween and thought it was an "under appreciated" holiday/day/night. Halloween was the prelude/gateway to the holidays, and my favorite time of year, winter. Dressing up and candy, then turkey, pumpkin pie, and, later, gifts and more turkey and pumpkin pie, plus the cold weather and hot chocolate and leaves turning gold, red, yellow, and orange! Um...to answer the question, no plans for tonight. I used to try to watch the old, classic, black-and-white movies, like Frankenstein, The Mummy, Swamp Thing, and Dracula, but can't always see to find them.

I went trick or treating.My Jem costume was a huge success, I came back with a ton of candy, and I couldn't be happier. This has to be one of my best costumes ever. The best part? I have all year to improve the outfit and makeup.

I took my 4 year old and 18 month old girls out Trick-or-Treating around our little town. We were only out for about an hour and they got a lot of treats. My 4 year old was Elsa and the youngest was a Faerie Princess. It was a very nice night out so we walked. The little one is upstairs napping from all the fresh air and excitement so it should be a rather quiet night. :)

We decorate our yard full of ghouls, ghosts, witches, and tombstones--we always have the scariest house on the block. Many of the decorations are animatronics that move and talk, and we use a fog machine to make it even eerier.   We gave out bubblegum shaped like eyeballs!  Most of the kids and adults love it, but a couple of the younger children were afraid to come to the door, so we brought them candy at the edge of the yard.

I found this video online; I didn't record this video but it is one of the animatronics we exhibit in our yard (we have more than just this one).  It will give an example of the kinds of ghouls that we exhibit.   He really does look like this!   

I stayed home with my sis and we watched a marathon of The Munsters and there was this weird thing with one of the episodes being auto tuned and presented like a rock opera, it was extremely odd. Anyway, then on another channel there was a marathon of Alfred Hitchcock Presents. After that we watched a movie on Netflix called Housebound. It was pretty good, not really scary, but it had an interesting twist to it and was a cool story, overall. We also ordered pizza and had candy, popcorn and soda, so it was like a little party. 

I didn't get to start doing Halloween until I was much older, 13-14 or so. We used to do scary movies at least, but my husband is sort of anti-holiday so we don't do much. This year I put up spider webs, sort of as a test (HA), and got a pumpkin. We always get invited to a departmental group costume and this year I decided to actually participate and MAKE a costume intead of cobbling one together from clothes I already own. I spent two days straight making a papercraft Palutena costume (all the gold pieces, armor and charms, were made of paper) and sewed the ribbons onto a thrift store summer dress. I think it came out amazing, and everyone really liked it (which is a nice bonus). We went to the first Halloween gathering with the department, and then to a friend's Halloween party. At the former, I won the costume contest in the Women's division (there were seriously only 5 of us competing, HA). The costume fell apart while at the second party, but it was a Dance Outside in the Florida Humidity party, and it died a worthy death.

I don't have any larger photos yet, husband doesn't take pictures either, but here's us cut out from the departmental photo. (The group costume started as Super Smash, and was extended out to Nintendo).

12106814_10153400194192701_3729428987902

Ended up seeing Woodlawn with my sister and dad, and came back for 10 minutes of trick-or-treating. (Not that anyone came.) The movie was pretty good.

Not much happened, really.
I live off the main roads of town on a hill, so we don't get many tirck-or-treaters.

We got a grand total of zero last year. :laughingsmiley:

I went trick or treating with a friend from work; we had a lot of fun, other than being followed by a car of clowns for a block and a half. After that we went and got Boba (this was my first experience with it) and I absolutely loved it! Then we went to her neighborhood and trick or treating some more.  

Guest misarella

watched sinister with meh friends

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).

Halloween is over :(

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.