Last day of play?

miss_muscles

I'm going to be gaming like crazy tomorrow and Monday. My goal is still All Star but at only rank 12 I don't think I'll make it, so new goal is rank 15. Lots of gaming still to be done! Good luck everyone! I hope there's an extra day for a tie breaker, but we'll see. :)

Aw, I'll not get past where I am now (Rank 5) I'm all ACed out, it would seem. Can't deal with playing the same game over and over again for very long :*

Just looked at the rules and tomorrow is the last day. Bleeding heck. Thought I had one more day.

I thought the tiebreaker would also count! Oh shoot. Well 15 is fine with me :) More inspiration for next year.

Well the goal is get to 16 by the end of the day and finish. Hopefully I can do it with neopets down. Hopefully tomorrow will still count

I got All-Star on the 26th, I played a little bit more than All-Star to make sure that I got an All-Star trophy because there has been a Rank 19 bug before for some people (Showing Rank 19 on Lookup, but when you click into the AC trophy it says All-Star)

The only way to not go insane through this thing is to watch movies and listen to music, I literally finished 5 different hour long shows while doing AC.. XDD

If there is a tie break then I guess there's an extra day? I have no clue what's going on haha

The only way there's a tie breaker is if there's a tie between any of the top three-four teams. With the standings where they are, I highly doubt there will be a tie-breaker.  One more hour of gaming left! :)

I refreshed after midnight NST and saw the Practice Squad up.  So I THOUGHT we had one more day, but now that the site is down, I'm not so sure. :( Shoot, just 52 YYB games away from Rank 12. :-\ I hope we get one more day, even if I will have to face the practice squad.

I wonder if TNT is solidifying the work they did with the filters yesterday? Maybe that's it? Fingers crossed for 1 more day!

How on earth do you have the patience? I got to rank 1, just for the avatar, and then I was so relieved to be able to stop playing, lol. I suppose it must be easier if you're proficient at YYB, because then you can play a lot less games before ranking up(?)...all I played was SS(67 times). I honestly can't even imagine playing ANY of the games more than a thousand times, or even more than 100 times, gosh!

WELL, I haven't felt well most of the month, and had a lot of stuff to keep me busy too. That's why I'm not going to reach All-Star this year.  Last year I made it to All-Star for the first time ever. The numbers, are overwhelming. I find it hard to believe when I see people who got to All-Star using the support games. I mean, comparatively, Yooyuball would be a pretty fast way, in terms of less games needed to rank up.

There are a couple of ways I break up the monotony. Music, I enjoy having music playing, to help make the time go faster. I focus on scoring as many times as I can, to help lessen the time of the actual YYB game, and to see how high I can get point-wise. Also, to increase my G.P.G., or, Goal Per Game average. I checked yesterday and I was at about 11.8, slightly over, but I don't recall all of the numbers on the other side of the decimal point. ;) Another little trick, instead of looking at the right side to see my game count, I take screenshots of every final score of 10 and higher. To keep track in case there are games that don't send. Or at least that was why I started doing that years ago, now I do it just for fun and records. lol But in taking screenshots, and pasting/saving them in the art program I have, each image gets a numerically ordered number, so I go by that as far as how many games I've played. If I get a Darigan early on and can't make it to 10, but only 9 or lower, I'll open a blank image in my program, and close it out, obviously without saving, to keep the count in the program accurate.

And of course, you can and SHOULD, get up periodically stretch out, maybe get some fresh air outside for a little bit, then sit back down and grind some more. If you have a plan for playing YYB, it can be pretty interesting, though I wish they would tighten up the controls. It's most frustrating when you're commanding, and they're ignoring, especially when trying to charge the shot and it takes 3 presses of the space bar to get them to start charging.... Yeah, that and not-tackling are the most annoying control glitches in the game imho.

I made a video of one of my games of YYB this year, not the greatest, not the worst game I've had, but to give an example of how games can go. You can find it here, under the spoiler, if you're interested. I'll be taking it down most likely in a couple of days, since the AC is practically over now.

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/44808-whats-your-highest-yyb-score/?p=794378

But it does show some routes I use on the field, and there are a few mistakes I made, and glitches the game made, so it is a pretty good example I think. There's also a link in that post to TDN's official YYB playing guide.

How on earth do you have the patience? I got to rank 1, just for the avatar, and then I was so relieved to be able to stop playing, lol. I suppose it must be easier if you're proficient at YYB, because then you can play a lot less games before ranking up(?)...all I played was SS(67 times). I honestly can't even imagine playing ANY of the games more than a thousand times, or even more than 100 times, gosh!

I'm pretty sure that the number of goals scored doesn't really matter towards your rank. Only the number of wins/draws. 

The number of goals matters for the team. 

Looks like thats the end. My MSN game didn't count and it was valid. So yeah, GOOD JOB EVERYONE! Congrats to the Kikos as well.

Whether they're extending it or not, I'm DONE!!

But then again it would be nice to hit rank 15, or even rank 14 for more prize shop points. So undecided now lol.