Greetings from the Frigid US North :)

jenks

Hi. I've been here before but it's been so long I decided to intoduce myself again. I live in NE PA in the US where it's very cold right now, II mean VERY cold, but hey, it's winter. :)

I enjoy entering the CC and am in this week's contest but I'm not asking for any votes here this round as I'm new. I have a CC friend from here, Josh, who is usually in the CC as well. I also like to enter Poetry and have had five poems held over but never published. A bit frustating but I'll keep trying. I also love customizing my pets so stop by and take a look at them. They love to show off.

In real life I love writing, crafts, and am a voracious reader. I'm always reading something, usually more than one book at a time. I also have been doing genealogy for years. I'm retired now but was a paralegal for the govt. for many years and I majored in history, which I love. Oh, I also collect teddy bears.

Nice to meet you all, thanks for reading, and I hope to have a very nice TDN experience. :) *hugs*

P.S. I'm wondering if anyone can guess where my username here is taken from. :)

Hiya, Jenks (dunno if you want me using your real name or not?) :D

I may be in the South...but it sure has felt like the 'frigid North' for few days now!

I've no clue where your UN is from. The only thing that comes to my mind is that there used to be a cartoon with a cat (or a mouse?) named Jinxie, I think? Dunno. /grin

The folks here at TDN are awesome...chock full of info and always willing to lend a hand (or an ear). TDN has been my 'go to' Neo site for yeaaaaaars. I use the Dailies page here...daily!

So, kick up your feet and make yourself at home...

Cheers!

:P

I think I remember you actually, Welcome back! I live in upstate NY (and I mean upstate, upstate) so I know the cold you're talking about lol. My family has always been huge into geneology...I don't know how they can possibly be discovering new relativesl, but I suppose it's endless! I do really love hearing the stories of close relatives in the past and who I'm related to

Good luck in the CC this week! I need to enter again sometime :)

Hey Jenks!

I live off the coast of Maine, so I just had to post in the "Fridged US North" thread :santa:

I love reading too, mostly fantasy. And my whole family is way into geneology. It's super fun, especially when your line suddenly connects into royalty.

Anyway, I'm new here so I just thought I'd start trying to meet new people! Have a great day!

West Michigan reporting in--home of lake effect snow. Last winter we had the Polar Vortex (sub zero for weeks) and almost 10 FEET of white stuff. :O This season, only 40" so far. But the winter is still young. I'm guessing far northern and western Upstate New York gets even more snow than we do, right Shelley? :bigeyed: :D

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Jenks! I hope you find it warmer here than it is outside. :santa:

Thank you all for the warm welcomes. I need it. Josh, it's ok to use my real name if you wish. No, Jenks is not from a cartoon. :)

I'm suffering from bad cabin fever right now. Even when it's not snowing/sleeting/other it's cloudy so no sun. This time of year the sun doesn't stay around long anyway so it just makes it worse; the days are dark.

I'm hoping to make a cozy place here but I can be chatty so be forewarned. :)

Hello jenks! I used to live in the NE too (not PA though), but I don't envy you guys right now. I do miss those NE summers though.

I think I remember you actually, Welcome back! I live in upstate NY (and I mean upstate, upstate) so I know the cold you're talking about lol. My family has always been huge into geneology...I don't know how they can possibly be discovering new relativesl, but I suppose it's endless! I do really love hearing the stories of close relatives in the past and who I'm related to

Good luck in the CC this week! I need to enter again sometime :)

Shelley, where in upstate NY are you from? I lived in upstate NY for several years for uni. (Amazing how when I used to tell people I lived in NY they'd always ask about the city... NYS is bigger than NYC... :shiftyeyes_anim: )

Hello jenks! I used to live in the NE too (not PA though), but I don't envy you guys right now. I do miss those NE summers though.

Shelley, where in upstate NY are you from? I lived in upstate NY for several years for uni. (Amazing how when I used to tell people I lived in NY they'd always ask about the city... NYS is bigger than NYC... :shiftyeyes_anim: )

I live in a small town around the lake george/glens falls area. I used to attend school at New Paltz but now I'm going to a school in the Saratoga region. I actually enjoy the Adirondacks for then the big city. But NYC doe have it's charms (and the Met! :D)

Jenks, I forgot to ask, any clues to the username? :p

Hi, again, all. Looks as if Neopets is down for the night. I'm a night person, soooooo......here I am. :)

"Jenks" is a my favorite character from a book series by Kim Harrison. Her "Hallows" series. He's a pixie.