Altador Cup Questions Board

I have a question about the prize shop: where do I get the points to buy the stuff in it?

(Sorry, first time AC participant, and I can't seem to find the info anywhere. :weird: )

TNT will award you the points based on your rank / the mechanism of point calculation was not revealed by TNT.

TNT will award you the points based on your rank / the mechanism of point calculation was not revealed by TNT.

Actually the mechanism of awarding of rank points are known.

YYB (Win): 12 prize shop points

YYB (Draw): 4 points

SS: 6 points

MSN: 1 point

SOSD: 1 point

Actually the mechanism of awarding of rank points are known.

YYB (Win): 12 prize shop points

YYB (Draw): 4 points

SS: 6 points

MSN: 1 point

SOSD: 1 point

Oooh okay, thanks! It looks like I'd have to play a whole lot more if I want to get decent stuff from the shop. D:

Because everyone then would just hit end game after the 1st goal. Wish there were a pause button though.

yes and that would really screw up the scores. YYB being the main sport, it's pretty important to finish out a match (though i too have wished there was an "end early" option or a pause option).

yes and that would really screw up the scores. YYB being the main sport, it's pretty important to finish out a match (though i too have wished there was an "end early" option or a pause option).

One option is that you can let the game play out while you play SS, MSN, and/or SOSD in another tab, checking in occasionally in case the opponent scores (or scores for you...). I find usually if you're not actively watching, they'll only get at most 1 goal in the last 2 minutes, so I usually send in 3 quick goals (unless I get a Darigan YYB, in which case I let it go as soon as that shows up) and then go play other stuff. (This is my bye day strategy, where goals don't matter for the team.)

There used to be this trick where I just bring the player with the ball to some deserted corner of the field and none of the opponents seem to be able to get it, but I tried it this year and it doesn't work anymore :( I would love to just leave the game running and hop off somewhere to send more scores from the side games, more efficient that way.

One option is that you can let the game play out while you play SS, MSN, and/or SOSD in another tab, checking in occasionally in case the opponent scores (or scores for you...). I find usually if you're not actively watching, they'll only get at most 1 goal in the last 2 minutes, so I usually send in 3 quick goals (unless I get a Darigan YYB, in which case I let it go as soon as that shows up) and then go play other stuff. (This is my bye day strategy, where goals don't matter for the team.)

I play legitimately for the first minute and a half or two minutes (I can always get at least 7 goals by then) and then I let it go for the last minute and play MSN a few times :)

Sorry, this may seem kind of noob but actually I'm kind of confused as to what double/ triple/ quad all star means? I was under the impression that double meant like double the actual all-star which would be like rank 40? O___O but then how does one achieve quad then??!

I'm not sure it's possible with the new caps. Some people play AC all day, every day. My hands can barely tolerate the level I play, and that's not even going to be enough for double-All Star, so I have a lot of respect for the dedication and endurance it takes. But I can't put my life on hold for the AC -- nor would I want to. (And I definitely maximize my time by playing 2-3 games at once, sacrificing YYB GPG and sending the minimums on SS, though I do send 5-goal SOSD except on bye days. Many of the multi-All Stars play each game individually and won't send YYB games that hurt their GPG -- I know some people who throw out 12's, which I'd be totally thrilled to get!)

(It's not an official TNT rank; quad-All Star means you earned four times the points needed for All Star. Once you're All Star, that's the last shield.)

Oh right true that, the new caps probably prevent that hmm :/ I would love to throw out 10s or above but in view of time efficiency and possibility of hand cramming, my GPG is just 8-9, hopefully not too low to hurt my team's score.

I've been trying my best, hopefully I reach double all star by the end (: My life is kind of free and easy right now since its the school holidays so i guess I can afford to play more. Really thankful for the great timing!

I forgot about the caps, too. Not as easy as it used to be.

I think it would take a lot of luck to get much beyond six to eight GPG manually. I seem to average about five, but I know the ACGs can go up to...12? WIth their equipment.

I don't think that is allowed anymore. TNT said in a recent editorial to play one game at a time. This might be cheating. Sure it's safe for bye days? Your rank points will still go up...

I forgot about the caps, too. Not as easy as it used to be.

I think it would take a lot of luck to get much beyond six to eight GPG manually. I seem to average about five, but I know the ACGs can go up to...12? WIth their equipment.

It doesn't take an ACG to get up to 12 or even 15 GPG. I usually get at least 10 or more. And I don't cheat. XP I have been playing the game for years though.

I play manually and I score 9-10 goals easy !! Sometimes I manage 11 and lately I've been getting 12 ...

Yeah, you're just awesome anyway, though, Angelo.

*sneezes so hard, she has to go fetch her laptop from the other room*

'scuse my allergies. :P

...oh, I remember now what I was going to talk to you about, Angelo. A writers' thread. PM me if you're interested?

I don't think that is allowed anymore. TNT said in a recent editorial to play one game at a time. This might be cheating. Sure it's safe for bye days? Your rank points will still go up...

It doesn't take an ACG to get up to 12 or even 15 GPG. I usually get at least 10 or more. And I don't cheat. XP I have been playing the game for years though.

That editorial question was specifically about having multiple windows of the same game open at once (specifically camping at YYB). Multitasking has always been allowed on the site (Habitarium running in the background, playing Keyquest and Neoquest at the same time, spinning the Wheel of Monotony in the background, etc.). As long as TNT is going to include dead time in the AC games (splash screens, the unskippable beginning levels of SS, etc.), I'm going to use my time as efficiently as possible by multitasking.

I have friends who manage 17s regular and the occasional 18. And they're human. Just robot-like humans with fast connections (and no Darigans in those games).

my overall GPG right now is just a hair over 11 and i put in my time. :p

That editorial question was specifically about having multiple windows of the same game open at once (specifically camping at YYB). Multitasking has always been allowed on the site (Habitarium running in the background, playing Keyquest and Neoquest at the same time, spinning the Wheel of Monotony in the background, etc.). As long as TNT is going to include dead time in the AC games (splash screens, the unskippable beginning levels of SS, etc.), I'm going to use my time as efficiently as possible by multitasking.

I have friends who manage 17s regular and the occasional 18. And they're human. Just robot-like humans with fast connections (and no Darigans in those games).

Ohh that makes more sense now. I guess I jut misunderstood TNT's answer to that Editorial. Yay, I can play other games again when I get Darigan balls! XD But I'm still not touching MSN. I do not want to kill my laptop, tank you very much >.>

Yep exactly. I once got 16 goals (with no Darigan ball of course - that or maybe I did and I was just lucky to get the ball in; I don't remember. SKILL.

somehow i managed a 17-0 against Tyrannia in the first round and i've gotten a few 16-0 games against various teams.....it definitely requires some luck, at least in not getting Darigan Yooyus.

I have another question...

I know we have the option to play high or low quality, but is there a game size option? I'm currently having to play on my mom's netbook and the screen is so tiny, the games don't fit properly. I really need them to be smaller :(

(I'm already using the smallest resolution available and when I try to zoom out on my browser, everything on the page turns smaller EXCEPT the game)

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I looked up the page source and found this:

http://www.neopets.com/games/play_flash.phtml?va=&game_id=1106&nc_referer=neopets&age=1&hiscore=&sp=0&questionSet=&r=8115736&comp_team=15&user_team=5&width=400&height=300&quality=low

I just had to adjust the width and height. I hope this isn't against the rules. Does anyone know?

I know it's a bit late, and I'm sure the info is somewhere else, but does playing the practice team help towards your rank?

I know it's a bit late, and I'm sure the info is somewhere else, but does playing the practice team help towards your rank?

Yep it does help towards your rank! So unless you're really looking for a break during bye days, you should still be working on ranking up (:

I have another question - it says that Youyou Ball is a bonus game today but it's practice day and I thought bonus only counts towards your team effort, not your rank of anything. Then why is it a bonus today, when the teams are not competing and bonuses aren't needed?