6th Annual Neopies Begins!

hrtbrk

And I feel sort of bad for not even noticing there was an inventory revamp :weird:

Don't worry, I had absolutely no idea either! When I saw the inventory as one of the contenders, I was like " o_O".

The new Tyrannia map is just awesome and in my opinion is one of the best new things for the site in the past year. So of course, it got my vote today!

My gift was the Plushie Kiko Plushie.

I had a hard time deciding today. I think over-all, the Tyrannian map update was the best, but since I never go there and I use specific links to the wheels, I picked the choice that actually affected me, which was the inventory update.

I got a Garlic Kiko Plushie.

Honestly, I didn't even realize that the money tree had a revamp besides the new picture, and I didn't even think of it as a revamp. If the NC items count as a revamp too then okay, I guess that's something.

Except I hardly go to the Money Tree unless I'm trying to get a little spare food.

The inventory caused problems for me when it came to getting certain avatars so I can't quite vote for that.

I don't care much for the differences in the layout of the inventory either-- I mean okay, separate the items? I didn't care in the first place, though I'm sure there are some people that do.

Oh. The Spotlights page changed? Okay.

Tyrannia was one of the more noticeable changes. It lags my computer a lot but it's nice. They did it around the time of the Obelisk War's beginning as well, so I felt that it was great timing. I think it has my vote. I received Buzz Modern Art.

I feel like some other revamps should have been on the voting block though. The fishing hole was a nice revamp. There was another place that was revamped a bit too, wasn't there?? Was it that I had only just noticed it maybe?

Thanks For Voting!

It's like you just shared your opinion with all of Neopia! Oh, wait. You did. Nice.

boo_bobblehead_neopiancultures.gif
Bobbleheads and Neopian Cultures

Ellsworth shows you this small memento of your efforts before tossing it in your inventory. Efficient fellow.

Voted for the Inventory Revamp..didn't really like any xD

Just like everybody else, I have to go with the Tyrannian Map like all of you have. Another category in which the vote was unanimous, but the Tyrannian Map REALLY needed an update for YEARS. So, yeah. Unanimous, I think we can all agree 100% on this one.

I got a Rose Lollyswirl.

I didn't buy any of the options either. I'm not too fond of any of them. I voted for Living Nightmares because I liked the Disturbing Study BG, and tend to like spooky or dark things in general. But I feel like the Perfectly Pastel cap's bonus items were more versatile. Received Vira Pinata.

I didn't buy any mystery capsules, so I can't really judge today's category... But I went with "Living Nightmares" just because it's dark and creepy and I like that kind of stuff. :skull:

^ This and I got a Kiko Lake Carpentry Background out of it

I used TDN's customization guide to see what items were given out in each one and I voted for the Discovery of Wobbleshire Mystery Capsule because I liked those items the best.

I got a book, Sculpting Clay.

Like most of you, I didn't buy any of these capsules either (especially because I'm trying to cut down on NC), but I too had to go with the Living Nightmares one because I liked the items inside (I took a peek at its bonus items on JN), and because I love spooky things. :) I got All About Juggling.

I don't really buy things like these. I went ahead and looked at all the items in the capsules though.

I'm honestly really surprised with the Wobbleshire Capsule in a bad way. There's no problem with taking an image and simply stretching it so it'll fit certain pets as long as it still looks nice. The skirt is a bit distorted because of stretching and shrinking on quite a few of the pets though. I've even spotted one where the skirt's pasted twice and one of the skirts is just tilted a little (Flotsam).

For the Living Nightmares Mystery Capsule, I find the Startling Eyestalk Contacts to be hilarious, but I also frown at them a bit. I didn't look at many but sometimes the eyes aren't the proper size for the eye sockets but that's not really important. The poor Quiggle though! Some of the white of its eyes are still in the eye socket!

The 6th Birthday Mystery Capsule has a wig that looks okay on Quiggles. The background is nice but I feel that the placement of the neopet takes away from the detail. Why have animation if it's mostly covered up?

The Pastel capsule-- I'm not a fan of the wig but I do like the background. It's some weird wind but at least it loops correctly.

I'm going to have to go with the Birthday capsule though; it came with four items for 150 NC while the Pastel Capsule came with three things for the same price.

I received a Money Tree Toothbrush Holder.

I'm going to have to go with the Birthday capsule though; it came with four items for 150 NC while the Pastel Capsule came with three things for the same price.

I received a Money Tree Toothbrush Holder.

You actually get random items sold in the NC Mall worth the sum of 150NC from opening a mystery capsule of that price. The items that are limited edition that are listed as coming from those capsules are bonus items that you have a chance of receiving in addition to the normal items. You only receive one bonus item per capsule opened and you aren't even guaranteed that item. It's why a lot of people buy a ton of mystery capsules so that they have an increased chance of getting the limited edition bonus items.

But the problems you mentioned are entirely common, unfortunately. There are several species that seem to have issues with the items that come out for customization. They usually do a little bit better with NC items than np as far as fixing it, but then you get things like what you noted.

Edit: Voted for Snow Roller. Wasn't overly fond of any of them beyond them simply being new avatars, and none of them are ones I would really use. Received Garlic Kiko Plushie.

Ooh, lots of controversy in today's category... lol
Two difficult game avatars, and one that a lot of people felt was unfair. I thought I'd be seeing Monster Hunting in "Let Us Never Speak of This Again".

I voted for Battleground: Awakened.

I voted for snowroller as that game is my favorite out of those two game avatars.

I refuse to vote for anything that has to do with the Obelisk war (got a draw, messed up my perfect battledome score right at the start of new statistics with the new BD, and it had "achievements that required you to lose) or that has something to do with the SFEC because I felt it was unfair. No one knew there would be more to it then booing and cheering so many people disqualified for the avatar and many other nice prizes right at the start even though they cleared 100+ levels at the end. (I have it, but won't vote for it as I feel sorry for the ones that didn't got it)

Yes, I can be pretty stubborn about those things.

Thanks For Voting!

It's like you just shared your opinion with all of Neopia! Oh, wait. You did. Nice.

spf_candycorn_soda.gif
Candy Corn Fizzy Drink

Ellsworth shows you this small memento of your efforts before tossing it in your inventory. Efficient fellow.

For the Battle Ground avatar. As I didn't get the spooky food eating contest avatar and I got over 114 levels in that and played everyday *sigh*

Voted for the war since I seem to really suck at getting the avatars for those two games, and the monster hunting was just a rip off..

I got a book called Watercolours and you