Spooky Food Eating Contest: Claim Your Prizes!

hrtbrk

I really hope it is a glitch, but I have a feeling it's not because it does sound like it has to do with how much people got accomplished while the catacombs were open. My one friend only got to floor 30something or so and she didn't get the book, avatar or petpet. I agree that the avatar should have been something that everyone who participated received. There are so many avvies that I can't get simply because I wasn't around for them, so I empathize especially for those who actually did participate :(

When we were able to catch the monster, I was at level 30 and caught it on 33, and I got everything exept the petpet.

When we were able to catch the monster, I was at level 30 and caught it on 33, and I got everything exept the petpet.

Woah, really?! Wow, that's pretty upsetting actually - I know a couple people who were in the 30s or higher who didn't get the avatar or even the book :\

Edit: (Sorry, that sounded kind of repetative, but I was refering to other people than just the friend I mentioned in my earlier post that I've learned of since having written that post. I'm very confused as to how they determined it then :eh:)

Edited by Lexa88

There's a lot of complaining on the NeoBoards about this. I can't say I blame them. I never missed a single day, I did all the cheering (didn't cheer for Scarlet, though), I did every flower challenge, went through nearly every single door in over 100 floors of the catacombs, lured the creature into the trap..... I was only given half the items and no avvie or petpet. How is this right? *puzzled*

(EDIT: I got the 10K NP, site theme, background, bobblehead, juice.)

Congratulations!
Tippens is in the habit of handing out prizes, and since the Monster Hunters headed off into the sunset with their catch, he's happy to reward you for all your help capturing the monster. You have earned the following:
toy_mh2013_brobobbles.gif
Corbin & Kell Bobblehead
bd_mh2013_wakeywakey.gif
Wakey Wakey Juice
bg_mh2013_talkingdoor.gif
Perilous Catacombs Sentient Door Background
gif_bag_of_neopoints.gif
10,000 NP
icon.gif

Site Theme:
Monster Hunting
WHAT??!?! I did 113 floors and..nothing...great..

wow, after reading all of this I am afraid of going there to even see what i get .... *nervous*

EDIT: No mini monster, :(

Congratulations!
Tippens is in the habit of handing out prizes, and since the Monster Hunters headed off into the sunset with their catch, he's happy to reward you for all your help capturing the monster. You have earned the following:
monsterhunting.gif

Monster Hunting
Corbin & Kell Bobblehead
boo_mh2013_spookyfoodtrue.gif
Spooky Food Eating Contest: The True Story
bd_mh2013_wakeywakey.gif
Wakey Wakey Juice
clo_mh2013_mdbdevice.gif
Handy mDB Experiometer
gif_bag_of_neopoints.gif
15,000 NP
icon.gif

Site Theme:
Monster Hunting

WOW just went onto the spooky food eating in a nostalgic half asleep way to find this:

monsterhunting.gif

Monster Hunting
Corbin & Kell Bobblehead
boo_mh2013_spookyfoodtrue.gif
Spooky Food Eating Contest: The True Story
bd_mh2013_wakeywakey.gif
Wakey Wakey Juice
clo_mh2013_mdbdevice.gif
Handy mDB Experiometer
gif_bag_of_neopoints.gif
15,000 NP
icon.gif

Site Theme:
Monster Hunting

I did every flower challenge, went through all of the 133 or 134 floors of the Catacombs and that's where I've catched the monster on October 30th. Now guess what?

Congratulations!
Corbin & Kell Bobblehead
bd_mh2013_wakeywakey.gif
Wakey Wakey Juice
gif_bag_of_neopoints.gif
10,000 NP
icon.gif

Site Theme:
Monster Hunting

Great, just great.

Perhaps the petpet has to do with the action you selected when you captured it?

I have no idea for the avatar though. I'm sorry for those who seemed to have done the event fully every day and didn't get it.

I didnt get the little monster but I am happy.

I chose scarlet and cheered to the max every day, I did around 117 floors and did open every door its a bit easy to focus on what we didnt get isnt it lol

I think we were all happy with our swag until we realised what was missing ... thats human nature I suppose :laughingsmiley:

I love the prizes :D I got everything including the petpet who is adorable. :wub_anim:

From what I understand the petpet was only given out if you completed every step on release day(including the actual contest and magic melody I'm assuming). I'm surprised it didn't really matter what floor you got to in the catacombs though.

As above as far as I know and I am pretty sure... I did everything on day of release..

I also opened all doors ..

also chose scarlet ..not sure what more I could have done..??

I managed to open all doors up to around 117 to 120 floors

didnt get the petpet which I dont mind I just would like to know what I could possibly have missed >>> ??

• Lure the monster into a three circuit trap with lasers, tripwires, and that Week Old Glass of Milk you've been carefully transporting all over the catacombs without spilling
  • Throw a rock at the monster's head
  • Flee in terror!

I used the first option when I met the monster... those who are missing the petpet, did you pick another option?

I used the first option when I met the monster... those who are missing the petpet, did you pick another option?

I am missing the petpet and yes, I picked the second option. Got everything except the petpet. Didnt miss anything except perhaps a few days on the Eating Contest. Got to 107 on the catacombs.

I am missing the petpet and yes, I picked the second option. Got everything except the petpet. Didnt miss anything except perhaps a few days on the Eating Contest. Got to 107 on the catacombs.

Sounds like my logic is working then.

Yay for BRAIN!

I got everything but the petpet and I got to level 115 or so of catacombs, cheered to the max, and did the magical melody. I chose "Lure the monster into a three circuit trap with lasers, tripwires, and that Week Old Glass of Milk you've been carefully transporting all over the catacombs without spilling"

I don't think I did everything the day it was released though (I had to play some catch up in the magical melody part I know) so I bet that's why I didn't get the petpet.

For the people who did a lot and didn't get the avatar... that seems strange!

I chose the same option traps etc rather than anything violent lol

Wow, I feel a bit guilty. I only got to level 46 in the catacombs and I got the avatar. No petpet though. I'm happy I got the avatar but it seems strange I got it when other people who did much more than me didn't get it :weird:

I'm sorry to those who didn't get it :( Maybe it's a glitch...or maybe...I don't know. I don't even recall cheering/booing all that much.

The only thing that would make sense is that everyone who didn't get the petpet (myself included!) didn't actually max out the cheering every day. It was a while ago (over a month! :O), and let's be honest, most people's memories aren't that good! I thought at first that I had maxed out the cheering, but now I'm pretty sure there was at least one day that I only cheered 15 or so times. Ce la vie, I guess!