"Low Value" Colored Pets

I am guilty of liking cheap colours. I'm someone who likes those simple solid colours because they work best for customization. But, I like some of the more complex looking colours, too. I'm shocked I never saw a striped Ruki or camouflage Cybunny before, when were those released? Now I'm tempted to paint my Cybunny Camo, but...I always had intended for him to stay red, and I'm running out of room for more pets. :P

Spotted to me is in no way cheap or low value as it costs 1M, but my fave Spotted pet has to be the Koi. I may be biased though as I own one, but...SHE IS SO LOVELY!

4.png

I consider Purple to be one of the cheaper colours, at only around 400K, and I'm aiming to get one for my other Koi, Mermallie.

2.png

A lot of people think these solid colours are boring, but...when you participate in the art of customising, solid colours are your friend. No wonder White is so sought after...I'm after it myself for Eckert. :P (christmas is a good substitute for him now though).

Speaking of Christmas....here are a few favourites of mine in that colour:

2.png2.png2.png2.png(this solid brown is PERFECT for customising), 2.png2.png2.png2.pngand of course... 2.png

Also, I'm surprised nobody brought up Ghost, that's among my most favourite of the cheaper colours. :D My favourite Ghost pet would of course be my own Miss Blossom Thornwell, but I also have a few other favourites too, such as the Cybunny with it's evil expression (and the Aisha looks nice and scary too :D)

4.png

2.png2.png2.png2.png2.png

^ Purple looks sweet! The spotted Koi is absolutely stunning, I want to make my Koi woodland eventually but I've considered spotted until the time when (IF) I can afford the woodland pb.

The Christmas ones are neat but aside from the Ptery and the Zafara I wouldn't get the others unless I could costumise them in a way that "hid" the more seasonally specific elements and make them just look white.

I'm not a fan of ghost at all. I was expecting something more interesting but the glowing blue-grey with red eyes is just too simple and boring. They could have done something much cooler with a ghost theme.

^ Purple looks sweet! The spotted Koi is absolutely stunning, I want to make my Koi woodland eventually but I've considered spotted until the time when (IF) I can afford the woodland pb.

The Christmas ones are neat but aside from the Ptery and the Zafara I wouldn't get the others unless I could costumise them in a way that "hid" the more seasonally specific elements and make them just look white.

I'm not a fan of ghost at all. I was expecting something more interesting but the glowing blue-grey with red eyes is just too simple and boring. They could have done something much cooler with a ghost theme.

That's what I like about the white Christmas pets, because of that white base that looks so good with anything.

Um, Neopian ghosts always have looked like that, what was your expectation for ghost Neopets?

Most people, as I said before, don't like the simple colours. Everyone thinks colours like orange and pink are boring because it does not change or alter the pet dramatically, and no colour does that anymore post conversion. Due to conversion, I do not see that it matters anymore since they all pretty much have the same pose regardless of colour (except for UCs which I think are overrated).

Hooray for unappreciated inexpensive paint brush colors!

Some striped pets are unique-looking:

4.png4.png4.png4.png

Some of the Christmas-painted pets look a bit ... much, but some of them look very nice without their pb clothes, like the Ruki, Uni, Peophin, and Bori (which I would post pics of, if I knew how to). Other Christmas pets look neat just as they are:

4.png4.png

My personal favorite is the Cloud Gnorbu:

4.png

I love Cloud Gnorbus. I have one. She's so fluffy and cute. She isn't that hard to dress up either.

I find lots of basic pets and not very expensive pets very cool looking.

I like a lot of the cheaply-painted Xwees - if I was into customization, I think I'd have a lot of fun with the contrast between the long and short fur colors on some:

4.png4.png

4.png4.png

And a couple of the rainbow pets I haven't seen in this thread yet that turned out well, I think:

4.png4.png

I love that the pink Lenny is a flamingo:

4.png

And a couple well-done fire pets I haven't seen yet here:

4.png4.png

Mostly I just love the accessories, but these are cuties:

4.png4.png

The candy-cane Christmas Korbat is pretty grat and versatile too, IMO:

4.png

And the checkered Yurble is pretty sleek:

4.png

Okay, done spamming!

I like a lot of the cheaply-painted Xwees - if I was into customization, I think I'd have a lot of fun with the contrast between the long and short fur colors on some:

4.png4.png

4.png4.png

And a couple of the rainbow pets I haven't seen in this thread yet that turned out well, I think:

4.png4.png

I love that the pink Lenny is a flamingo:

4.png

And a couple well-done fire pets I haven't seen yet here:

4.png4.png

Mostly I just love the accessories, but these are cuties:

4.png4.png

The candy-cane Christmas Korbat is pretty grat and versatile too, IMO:

4.png

And the checkered Yurble is pretty sleek:

4.png

Okay, done spamming!

How are Rainbow and Pink cheap? O.o Especially Pink, that's always in high demand. Or fire and Disco, for that matter? I suppose in my opinion if it's buyable, it's cheap, or if it's under 500k.

How are Rainbow and Pink cheap? O.o Especially Pink, that's always in high demand. Or fire and Disco, for that matter? I suppose in my opinion if it's buyable, it's cheap, or if it's under 500k.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "cheap," (I guess I wasn't expecting anyone to get pedantic in a pet appreciation thread!) - but these are all low-value pets in terms of PC tradeability. Most of these colors would get pounded sooner than they'd find a trade on the PC, which is sad imo, because I think they're all adorable.

I guess "low-value" is up to personal interpretation. Sorry to grind your gears! :\

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of the Tyrannian Peophin, which is why I currently own one. Most Peophins don't really appeal to me, but I just love how Tyrannian ones look. :)

I also like the Biscuit and Snow colors, although I don't think of these colors as "low-value" in the same way that I consider pink, orange, brown, or white low-value. Sure, Tyrannian, Biscuit, and Snow paint brushes are cheap now, but they used to be quite expensive before KeyQuest. So it's hard to say if I actually like any low-value colors at all, or if I just like discounted expensive colors. :P

• 3 weeks later...

I think Biscuit looks pretty nice on some pets. :3

4.png4.png4.png

Ohhh, those biscuit pets are really nice! A low cost alternative to painting your pet desert :P

4.png

I adore this one! I don't think I have seen one in action, I'd love to see if anyone has one customized :)

I just LOVE the Camo Lupe, those shades of blue are gorgeous! And also the Camo Bori, because I like the way the purple and the green blended <3

4.png4.png

Also, I don't understand why Speckled Usuls are so different from the other Speckled pets, but I find them very nice:

4.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have a spotted gelert and in real life I have a dalmation and they look very alike ....

apart from the customization I have done with top hat and so on ....thats the gelert that wears a top hat not the dalmation - I tried customization on the dalmation it didnt work out

b6153ce0-160b-4466-a154-433684f0b00a_zps

• 2 months later...

I have a speckled Peophin on my side account; she's wearing the carousel set and looks super cute. Very sea creature-y.

4.png

Before I had my Faerie Eyrie and Darigan Lupe, they were painted with affordable colors:

4.png4.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Before I zapped him with the lab ray, Emikotora was a spotted Kougra(which was lovely and natural). Surprisingly enough, he was abandoned at the pound painted that colour!! I snatched him up in a heartbeat.

4.png

Now, however, he's checkered. I think checkered pets look really sleek and dare I say modern. :)

4.png

Here are some other checkered pets I think look pretty neat. :) Lowest shop price for a checkered PB is 80k. I love how some of the pets suit the colour(or would you say shade?) variation.

4.png4.png4.png