"Low Value" Colored Pets

With customization and trading abound on Neopets, people seem to focus solely on a small group of pet colors while a multitude of colors are forgotten because they're not expensive enough to be cool. So I am wondering, what "low value" colors do you like? Do you like them as a whole, or just on a specific species?

I think Camouflage looks nice on all pets, especially these:

2.png2.png2.png2.png

I think I am half and half about Spotted pets, some of them look sloppily made but some of them are pretty great:

2.png2.png2.png2.png

And I just might have to add a Strawberry Bruce to my family one day:

4.png

(If you need a refresher and want to easily peruse colors head over to TDN's Color Database!)

Hooray for unappreciated inexpensive paint brush colors!

Some striped pets are unique-looking:

4.png4.png4.png4.png

Some of the Christmas-painted pets look a bit ... much, but some of them look very nice without their pb clothes, like the Ruki, Uni, Peophin, and Bori (which I would post pics of, if I knew how to). Other Christmas pets look neat just as they are:

4.png4.png

My personal favorite is the Cloud Gnorbu:

4.png

You forgot my favorite camouflage pet, the krawk!

krawk_camouflage_happy.png

Christmas is also cheap and looks great on some pets:

4.png

Also, Relic!

4.png

You forgot my favorite camouflage pet, the krawk!

krawk_camouflage_happy.png

I feel like Krawks/Draiks are almost exempt from the discussion because people will take them in pretty much any color :P

But I agree, I like the Camo Krawk a lot. I will probably be painting Krawkshanks Camo in the future.

Sometimes ordinary colors on certain pets appeal to me, and I don't know why. Like the Speckled Ixi.

4.png

Maybe it's the eyes?

4.png4.png

I LOVE the Split Zafara. And the Cloud Bori looks so sweet!

But probably more interesting to people not me are these:

4.png4.png

And the Tyrannian paint brush is cheap now and looks great:

4.png4.png4.png4.png

Okay, okay, I'll stop now. I just really like the cheaper paint brush colors. (And if we're talking about Krawks, I like the Tyrannian Krawk too.)

And the Cloud Bori looks so sweet!

But probably more interesting to people not me are these:

4.png

And the Tyrannian paint brush is cheap now and looks great.

I think most boris have that sweet disposition that make them a great pet to have if you want a 'nice' character. Their little face are precious. :3

And I love love love cloud jubs! They look so cuddly.

I am also a huge fan of Tyrannian pets, I think that is a severely under appreciated color for sure! Look at these buddies:

2.png2.png2.png2.png

I was going to say Tyrannian but I didn't want to give you an obvious bias. xD *points to AC counter in siggy*

I recently got a TY Draik and Krawk.

2.png2.png

I too love the real-worldy pets. :D My absolute favourite Camouflage pet has to be the Camo Lenny or Cybunny.

4.png

4.png

Flotsam, Hissi, Jetsam, Jubjub, Ruki and Usul are also pretty cool.

Ooh, and the Christmas pets! I agree with Lou, some of them are a bit overdressed, but some look great:

4.png

4.png

4.png

4.png

Okay, just gonna put some Speckled and Striped pets that I like before I stop spamming you with images.

4.png

4.png

4.png

(I adore Speckled Usuls and I want to get one.)

4.png

4.png

4.png

I love Speckled Gnorbus. I had one on an account that I can't get into anymore (some glitch, sent a ticket ages ago...).

The look so foresty!

4.png

Also, some of the spotted pets are really great! I love how they look like real animals.

4.png4.png4.png4.png4.png4.png

I especially love the Ogrin! He looks like a giraff!!! :3

Snow Gelerts are cute.

4.png

Rainbow Lenny's look like a tropical bird.

4.png

I think for most colors, even some of the higher end ones like Faerie, it looks better on some pets than others. I think it just depends on how good the artists were at the time the color for that pet came out.

There are definitely 'low value' colours I like too, but only on specific neopets, not the colours as a whole. I had a Tyrannian Kougra for the longest time until Boochi got him.

I'm too lazy to include the pictures at the moment, but I love Speckled Shoyrus.

Disco Kacheeks are also really funky :)

I think for most colors, even some of the higher end ones like Faerie, it looks better on some pets than others. I think it just depends on how good the artists were at the time the color for that pet came out.

I am not impressed with most snow pets, but I adore the snow chia:

4.png

And I completely agree that some colors are better for certain pets than others, which is why I'm hoping to see everyone's favorites of the low end colors. Maybe this thread will unearth color gems people haven't seen before :)

There are definitely 'low value' colours I like too, but only on specific neopets, not the colours as a whole. I had a Tyrannian Kougra for the longest time until Boochi got him.

I'm too lazy to include the pictures at the moment, but I love Speckled Shoyrus.

Disco Kacheeks are also really funky :)

Disco is a hilarious color, and I would love to see some people who've customized it well. I'm a fan of these groovy dudes:

2.png2.png2.png2.png

I'm glad to see Disco made it to the thread. I honestly forgot Disco existed. xD It was one of my favorite colours before Customization.

Definitely the camouflage krawk and not just because it's a krawk. I have one and I have no desire to paint it any differently. It was actually this colour that made me want a krawk.

Also other camouflage species that are made to resemble real world wild life. I basically like all of the cheap colours that are exceptions to how the majority is coloured. There is a good amount of nice striped, speckled and spotted pets. But I really dislike the generic paint jobs (the ones where you can say with certainty which paint brush they're from without knowing in advance). They're just so dull.

I've always thought that relic was cool. I was shocked to find out that this isn't a very desirable paint brush.

Since when was Spotted a cheap colour?! I thought that PB was worth millions?

^This. Most of the Spotted pets aren't very desirable, despite the colour being way expensive.

^This. Most of the Spotted pets aren't very desirable, despite the colour being way expensive.

I pricechecked it when this thread was made, you can get a Spotted PB nowadays for only 1M, which I guess compared to some paint brushes could be considered "cheap".

I pricechecked it when this thread was made, you can get a Spotted PB nowadays for only 1M, which I guess compared to some paint brushes could be considered "cheap".

Huh. To me, a cheap PB is ~200k. :P I envy the users who can consider 1M "cheap".

When I say "low value" I was referring to the whole trade craze and the mass amounts of colors no one seems to want. So value being in terms of trading, rather than actual price tag. Magma is hard to obtain, but there are few people who would value magma pets as easy to trade.

Dimensional is another color with an expensive price tag that isn't well liked, as well as Fire. But look at these babies!

4.png4.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope it's ok for me to post here even though the thread is a month old - it's on the front page so hopefully it's ok.

I LOVE some "low value" coloured pets, I think they're underrated. Some of my favourites:

Snow

4.png4.png

Snow Grundos are awesome. Look at those carrots in his antennae. Isn't that just cool? Yes. Snow Yurbles are just plain pretty. I also like Snow Ogrins a bit and I've thought about painting my Ogrin as Snow while saving up to make him a mutant.

Tyrannian

I love almost all Tyrannian pets. My ultimate goal for my Koi is to make him/her Woodland but I've thought about Tyrannian too. I have a Tyrannian Elephante and it's the best, because woolly mammoths are the greatest (fact).

Spotted

People have posted their favourite spotted pets already so I won't repeat it but I really like that they look like real animals.

Custard

I like the custard pets especially Kau and Ruki. I don't know why people hate custard pets so much.

Swamp Gas

Just like custard, they get way too much undeserved hate. They look like badass swamp monsters.

I'm not even going to mention Biscuit pets because my Biscuit Yurble is one of my favourites, I think it's a fun colour. And I like rainbow in general.