Official Order of the Red Erisim Discussion Thread

Anime

I'm working on finishing up my part for this last wave. After that, I don't know if I'll continue fighting or not. These challengers have been handing me a decent number of losses. Maybe if I upgrade some of my set, I'll keep going.

I'm really hoping this will be the last wave.

Nice to see some enthusiasm with everyone battling the waves they can handle. :D Rack up the points! I don't know if it'll help The Order, or just everyone's personal scores, but Keep it up! :D Not sure how many wins I can get against these faction leaders, at MIghty they're even with my pet. So my wins are going to be much lower. Because of the extra time and rounds it will take to try to beat them.

LOL Spritzie, I could be wrong about my hunch that there will be one more battle. I've been wrong before. lol But I think TNT will have something to surprise us (and the other factions) with after this wave is over. it may just be another motion comic. LOL But I'm betting it's a beast that either we all have to attack, and take bits out of it's HUGE number of HP, OR, something that only the stronger pet owners will be able to really take down. I'm hoping for the former, because if it's much stronger than wave 5 on Mighty, I won't be able to do much damage to 'em. LOL I do love a good underleveled challenge though. ;) It's the way I usually have battled, underleveled budget battling, so it's what I'm used to. :D

Best of luck to everybody! ^____^

lol Yeah Spritzie, it wouldn't be the first time they would've had factions come together to take down one massive boss.

A little funny update on my battling, I got beaten for the first time, without throwing in the towel. Kanrik got me in 2. Little stinker. Oh well, I guess he owed me for the 61 times I cleaned HIS clock so far! LOL
Also I was giving tech support to my mom so my attention was divided, still a dumb mistake on my part though. lol I should've used Warlocks Rage while trying to heal, but he multi-used one of his abilties. Oh well. LOL All healed up now and heading back into the fray! I hope everyone else's battles are going well! ~_^

EDIT: Dangit! I just missed a faction challenge. You know the timed ones? Well apparently time ran out, which is stupid because I never SAW that darn challenge in the first place! I just refreshed the outskirts screen and had that message. On an interesting note, missing that challenge did NOT count as a loss. I was concerned about that possibility anyway. So it's good to know, so I thought I would post that just in case anyone was also wondering about it. Got some more battling to do. If you can find a good pattern of moves, with one or two counter moves just in case of Lens Flare, Throw Pillows or Warlocks Rage gets used against you. It should be possible to win, even if your pet is pretty even with wave 5's stats. I have found a pattern that works reasonably well for me. Freezer, Downsize! and for the ability, either a defensive one like Meh or Shade, OR a disabling one like Lens Flare or Warlocks Rage. (i usually go with meh) If you freeze them and are not frozen at the same turn, it's Bomb, Constant Weapn and the most damaging ability you have, such as An Icicle. My pet at the 450 boosts, compared to them at 450 on the mighty difficulty, I can do about 400-450+ damage, more or less depending on the bomb's output, and if they used Float or not. Then it's a race to get in small attack of around 50 or less points of damage. You gotta hope you don't get disabled or frozen and can get off that last cruicial attack to finish off the last sliver of their HP.

Obvisouly there are ways it won't work like that, I've had that defeat by Kanrik, and I've gotten close to defeat again, but barely managed to hold on. If you have BOTH Lens Flare and Warlocks Rage, I recommend trying to save 1 of them for an emergency, if you need to heal real quick. it'll give you a better chance to do that in an emergency.

So far this method has worked reasonably well on Kanrik, and the Zombie-loving twins. Haven't tried it on our other oppoenents yet.

Good luck everyone!

EDIT 2: Just my tallies for tonight. I knew they'd be NOWHERE near as high as the previous waves. LOL

Kanrik, Master Thief 90, Loss 1
The Duchess 4
Commander Flint 23
Professor Lambert 3
Lanie and Lillie 94

Goodnight everyone, and good luck with your battles!

*just popping up to cheer* Let's keep fighting! :medieval:

Tried the 5th wave once on easy just to get an epic loss being hit just once... LOL. Even only defending *tried with Parasol of Unfortunate Demise and Earthen Scorchstone*. The only time I tried to attack someone used throw pillows... :sad02:

At least my goal of 100 battles each opponent from 1st and 2nd wave was achieved! Now I'm still battling them and started trying to increase my number at the 3rd wave...

Is there any possibility that TNT can bring back someone from an older plot? Like the obelisk is something that keeps villains at their places *like the Darkest Faerie underwater and also is keeping Xandra as a statue* and they are all released at once. Then, it's not like one "big boss", but I think that multiple bosses with no astronomic powers around would be a big mess...

Well I guess I'm done cans seem to win with this new wave :( I guess I will keep fighting the other waves. I also got a faction challenge with Lanie and Lillie

Shall we dance? I'm told you're good at the calypso. You could show me... 7 times. LOL not going to win that one.

Rockyroad1, Not bad! I had a look at your pet, and I gotta say, you must have good battling skills! The twins are more tricky than some of the others. Their Moehog Skull is annoying as heck, and they like to use their abilities to defend or prevent you from using weapons fairly often. I don't know what your other percentages were, but I think you're doing pretty well on the twins! :)

Eri_K, LOL we could use the cheering and morale boost. ;) Congrats on getting your numbers up on the previous waves! :D

Holleran1, lol 100+ times is nuts? LOL I've got (wait let me count) 8027 victories from waves 1-4, with 1 loss for the Achievement requiredment. A friend of mine playing for The Seekers, in the neoguild I'm in, last time I heard, she was over 3500 wins. I think that was during wave 3. i know it can get a bit tedious, especially with opponents with equal or higher stats, but if you have some music on or something, it can help the time go by. lol It also helps to limit how many times you refresh the Outskirts page to see your tally count, otherwise it does feel like it goes even more slowly and it gets tiring faster. At least imo.

Zorna, that's too bad, but it's cool you gave it a shot! Good luck with the previous waves!

:D

EDIT: Ok, bedtime! Kinda surprised, this thread has slowed. I suppose we're all getting a bit war weary. It happens though.

I did a little better today than yesterday, had a couple of losses, more wins though. Also got my pet to 500 strength and defense

War Tally

Kanrik, Master Thief 90 Loss 1
The Duchess 90
Commander Flint 90
Professor Lambert 92 Loss 2
Lanie and Lillie 94

I've also been trying a little stealing of the opponent's gear. It's kinda fun, and it gives a chance to use an item I'd never see or buy. Kind of like a test before you buy. :D If you've got the stats; (201 agility and 67 INT) I totally suggest getting a Heavy Robe of Thievery!

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/689/

it runs at present between 100k-200k... Right now, but it may go down in price after the war.

Goodnight and good luck everyone! ^_^

Silent_Bard, I kinda figured it was something like that, but to THAT extreme. Throw pillows, 4x in one fight is just wrong. lol But I suppose it adds the "luck" factor, either you're lucky, or not.

Ok, at level 10, sadly you can't get lens flare or other also useful but higher level-tiered abilties.

Lesser Healing Scroll heals 25hp and right now, the next step up is insanely inflated. How much np are you planning on spending on equipment? That scroll MAY work for you in a pinch though.

The hammers, how are they working for you? I am gonna recommend a Scroll of Knowledge because it has 11 icons. I understand it's pretty popular and a decent weapon. You could replace 1 or both of your hammers. Depends on if you find the dual duty of the Gilded War Hammer to be useful to you.

Snowglobe staff is good, unless you can go for the roughly 700k Randomly Firing Freeze Ray.

Parasol, Perfect for having low defense! All that light blocking and the extras. ;)

You can probably get rid of either the Ridiculously heavy battle hammer, or the Rainbow Scroll, whichever's icons you like least. And get yourself a Downsize! for about 10k. Downsize! works defensively, it will protect you from 50% damage Once Per Battle.

The 15 icon Muffins are a good idea too.

I hope this helps. At least gives you some food for thought. If you've got an idea how much NP you've got to budget, maybe I can think up some other alternatives.

Sorry for not getting to this sooner. I've been battling, blowing off some steam after a very long day and on top of that spending a couple of hours researching and repricing some things in this guide.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

As you can see, most of the equipment here has increased, as indicated by the green arrows. Items with no arrows either didn't change or I couldn't find any pricing info for them.

Now that I've battled a bit and feel my mind a bit refreshed,lol I thought I should checking the forum before bed to see if there was anything new before I go to bed. (it's after 5am for me here)

Yumi! Good luck in your next attempt! I hope you win! I had my Altador Cup Throwing Star vanish on me while battling tonight. Stupid glitch. It was back with the next battle though.

rockyroad1 Good luck tomorrow... er.. later today! ^_^;

Lastly, my tally so far. I've spent a good bit of time fighting, not quite where I want to be count-wise, but not too bad for very-tired battling.

Shady Prowler 220

Cunning Mastermind 276

Unyielding Sentinel 271

Genius Inventor 271

Unchained Monster 270

About 700 battles to go if I want to keep my per-wave average. I hope I can do this.

G'night all! And good luck!

I've got 11 mil for my budget, so I don't think price is a problem on most things, I just don't know what to use to actually defeat the last two waves.

Hmmmm..... Have you looked at our war challengers profile page? We list anything and everything we can find out about the challengers.

Here's the link that's on the Battlepedia's homepage.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/index/14/

I believe the war challengers are listed alphabetically. Click on a profile pic, and you'll be taken to their profile page. Difficulty is listed for average difficulty (The easiest difficulty). This doesn't change the abilities and weapons that they use on higher difficulty settings.

If you click on the pics of the weapons in the profile pages, you'll be taken to that weapon's own little entry, most have reviews, including items that may be useful in countering the weapon. The search box on the right of the BP can lookup any weapon in the database. No button to click, just type the weapon you want to check out and hit Enter.

I hope this helps. With 11 mil to spend, you could afford most intermediate set pieces. This link is to our Basic Weapon Sets guide.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

These are suggested items for the set, not ALL of the possibilities of course, but they should also give you some ideas.

Wow, I think we're all done... And according to JN we finished first! Congrats hufflepuff for finishing off Envy!

Screen shott from JN:

tyra_plot_envy_defeated.png

Does anyone else think that looks a lot like Coltzan. Could explain why I got nothing when I went to his shrine :P

I was really surprised with the turn this took. I was all excited when I got online, until I saw our boss had been defeated and was no longer available to fight. (Or get the 2 achievements and "do your part"

I'm hoping this was some sort of goof and TNT will correct it so everyone has the chance, or the boss will revive and appear again later.

LOL another win for my predictions! I knew there's be a boss, but I didn't guess that there'd be a different boss for each faction. ;)

Wow, he was defeated before I got on?

I was up late compiling the profiles him and 2 other of the bosses for the other factions.

I'm taking him out now. I thought it would take longer to take him down. LOL

Best steal of battling Envy, getting his Prismatic mirror. :D

And yes, I ventured that he looked a lot like Coltzan while chatting with the other staff last night. Like, his name, Envy, maybe he was Coltzan's lesser known brother or something. LOL

Well, we can still fill up our Doing Your part bars. I THINK the more damage you do the quicker your bar fills. I am not certain of this. It'll take more testing though.

Back to battling! :D

I wasn't expecting different bosses for each faction either, but it's an interesting twist.

It's also nice that I can participate again, even if I'm not doing much damage.

According to some others, though, 300 battles on Mighty gets the Do Your Part filled.

Edit: I wonder if they'll put these bosses in the Neopedia or somewhere, too? I think it would be interesting to learn about these entities. :)

Yeah Wildbreeze! I agree, it'd be very interesting to learn more about them.

Given what our leader says, I THINK, they must be both the driving force, and the weakness of each faction. Like a double-edged sword. Good in a certain proportion, but bad to be too much toward that force. I wonder if TNT will do a neopedia entry, Or put them in the Gallery of Villains... which I cannot seem to find these days. LOL ^_^;