Six Factions Vie For The Obelisk - Join One Now!

hrtbrk

I joined the Thieves Guild. By the way, don't check your inventory for weapons. We already stole your them. And your healing potions. :shiftyeyes_anim:

I also joined the Thieves Guild. I contemplated joining the Sway - because they have the most awesome video and artwork in my opinion - and was almost persuaded to join the Brute Squad but they scared me off because my pet isn't tough enough.

The Awakened freak me out.

i'd love to find some artwork related to the factions.. a counter or shield or banner.. something to display my excitement.. if anyone finds anything could you post it?

There are some banners here - http://www.neopets.com/~steinbrech

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

From the minute I saw the video, it had to be the Sway for me.

Love that Lenny leading Lady, and the Sway are the only ones with a female leader.. unless you count the creepy twins but.. who wants to be led by creepy kids? ;)

Edit.. maybe the Order of Red Erisim have a girl Bori as leader.. but I'm still swaying to the Sway!

i'd love to find some artwork related to the factions.. a counter or shield or banner.. something to display my excitement.. if anyone finds anything could you post it?

I'm making gifs, right now, but I'll probably will make a few signatures and will try to make my own look up. I like this plot, it make me feel creative. They are on my pet page http://www.neopets.com/~Pixel_Orange

how do you find the released stories on each faction?

I think they've only released the one for the Thieves Guild so far- the link is in the news. :)

I still can't decide yet....But I'll eliminate one choice. *crosses out Seekers* There, now I just have to decide between the Awakened and the Order. The Order seem to know what they're doing and look like they can control the obelisk for the greater good, they seem wise. The Awakened, on the other hand, are only in it for the fun of it. XD "The twins said there would be cake!"

The twins' signal seems to have brought the dead from all the corners of Neopia....A little story involving my pets is even beginning to unfold, in that sweet Blossom had mysteriously left, going to Tyrannia and joining the "party" as if under a spell. Now, Shuhune must bring her back...and in order to do that, she must fight.

So, that could be a good reason to join Awakening...but I still want to join the Order, too.

I'm leaning towards the Awakening and Thieves Guild myself after reading up on all of them; the Awakening seems creepy and cool at the same time while the Thieves Guild is just.....come on, thievery is awesome! :D

Don't plots like these tend to result in the faction with the most people/supporters winning? Seems like a numbers game to me; I think TDN should've had a faction that the whole site supported, so that a lot of people on TDN could join that one particular team and possibly make a big difference.

Brutes all the way :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Zombiiesque) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

From the minute I saw the video, it had to be the Sway for me.

Love that Lenny leading Lady, and the Sway are the only ones with a female leader.. unless you count the creepy twins but.. who wants to be led by creepy kids? ;)

Edit.. maybe the Order of Red Erisim have a girl Bori as leader.. but I'm still swaying to the Sway!

You've practically echoed my thoughts. Even though it's just a game, I can't help but be drawn toward the faction with a female leader. The first time I watched the videos I didn't catch that the Order had a female in charge either, so now I'm debating between the Order and the Sway.

Technically the Awakened have female 'leaders' too, but they don't count in my opinion. I don't really see those kids as leaders. That faction doesn't seem to have any organization or strategy; there just inviting their friends to crash the party.

When you say "Sway HQ," do you mean there's actually a place to meet and get more information, or is this purely figurative?

Didn't you receive the invitation to the meeting? Don't be late.

....while I think it'll be nifty to get invitations like that as a welcoming message, what I've said is totally figurative (unfortunately).

Is it certain that it you'll have to fight more or less depending on the team you are in? Because I like the Order, but my pets are pretty chaotically trained. On the other hand I like the thieves and the seekers.

No one knows for sure, but I think that if TNT was going to make some more about battles or more about puzzles depending on the team they would have said something. I expect that all of them will have the same level of battling and puzzles (if there are any puzzles).

Technically the Awakened have female 'leaders' too, but they don't count in my opinion. I don't really see those kids as leaders. That faction doesn't seem to have any organization or strategy; there just inviting their friends to crash the party.

You're stating it like it's a negative that their only desire to have fun and play! That's PRECISELY why I decided to join them. See, I haven't been paying enough attention to this "plot", although I am excited for another war. (Haven't battled since Darigan!) Since I'm doing this for fun, what better team to join besides the "Awakened"? Technically, we can't lose either way! We get to have fun; we get to mess things up for others and participate - seems like nothing but positives for my faction. I don't care for power.

Besides, how can the undead lose? We've got GHOSTS fighting! Try to stab one of those. ^.-

No one knows for sure, but I think that if TNT was going to make some more about battles or more about puzzles depending on the team they would have said something. I expect that all of them will have the same level of battling and puzzles (if there are any puzzles).

In the news today, they're referring to it as a war. I don't think I have participated in any wars yet, so I don't know anything. But I'd think that battling will be the central way to move forward.

"You will be rewarded for your war efforts, so

make sure you only participate on your main account! You don't want to

make any of your faction leaders angry... right?"

Well, after a long debate with myself I decided to join the Awakened, I still don't know why because I am not really a zombie fan...

Can't wait for the plot to start!! :medieval:

You're stating it like it's a negative that their only desire to have fun and play! That's PRECISELY why I decided to join them. See, I haven't been paying enough attention to this "plot", although I am excited for another war. (Haven't battled since Darigan!) Since I'm doing this for fun, what better team to join besides the "Awakened"? Technically, we can't lose either way! We get to have fun; we get to mess things up for others and participate - seems like nothing but positives for my faction. I don't care for power.

Besides, how can the undead lose? We've got GHOSTS fighting! Try to stab one of those. ^.-

So wish I had read this earlier! You totally would have changed my choice.

I've consistently been pirates in plots because I try to be a water loving pirate in rl. Kanrik and the thieves seemed to be the closest to pirates. But your whole have fun take makes more sense.

I'm terrified the Thieves guild will be too popular and will wind up losing against other factions because we have numbers but too many players that don't contribute

I went with the Sway. They're really fascinating just from the snippet we've gotten and I'd love to be on the inside of the group and learn more and more about them. And, like with a few people above, I liked the group having a female leader!