what's the most frustrating part of neopets ?

Angeló

I can assure you, you are not alone.

Kass Basher, Warf Rescue Team, Shenkuu Tangram, and Kookia are my daily games, simply because it doesn't take me too long to get 3K from them. I'll occasionally throw Bumble Beams in there when there's a low score to NP ratio. I find that these are the easiest and quickest way to rack up the maximum number of NP.

I'm still irritated that I haven't managed to get a trophy for Kass Basher, though. It annoys me that it's the only daily game I don't have a trophy for. Never mind gold, I'd be happy with a bronze.

Well at least you have better luck than me with trophies. The only game I ever got a trophy for was Hasee Bounce, and that was through sheer dumb luck. But Shenkuu Tangram, that's an easy game ^^

One thing I realized is when trying for trophies or game avatars, it feels like you just keep failing, so NOT trying can end up leading to success. All the game avatars I got? I wasn't even trying for the av, just enough points to reach 1000, but I kept going even after going past that level.

True, games can be time consuming, but if you enjoy them, that matters, that's a good thing.

I'm a gamer too. I prefer to earn most of my np trough games, mostly because I'm not good at the other ways (kq is the main source now though, but I consider that a game too)

But what annoys me the most? I think the slow response for tickets and the evading random avatars I've been trying to get for years.

But I still love the site. That's the most important for me.

I'm still irritated that I haven't managed to get a trophy for Kass Basher, though. It annoys me that it's the only daily game I don't have a trophy for. Never mind gold, I'd be happy with a bronze.

I think the only way to get a Kass Basher trophy is getting the tree as a bat, which is a rare occasion (I've never got it, in all those years... :( )

I'm also into games. I play Kass Basher, Meerca Chase, Usuki Frenzy, Jubble Bubble and Turmac Roll every day, among others. I'm very frustrated that it's so hard for me to get trophies tho - so far I've only managed to get a Bronze Trophy for Jubble Bubble. I'd love a trophy for Usuki Frenzy, but it's VERY hard to get better scores.

Well at least you have better luck than me with trophies. The only game I ever got a trophy for was Hasee Bounce, and that was through sheer dumb luck. But Shenkuu Tangram, that's an easy game ^^

One thing I realized is when trying for trophies or game avatars, it feels like you just keep failing, so NOT trying can end up leading to success. All the game avatars I got? I wasn't even trying for the av, just enough points to reach 1000, but I kept going even after going past that level.

True, games can be time consuming, but if you enjoy them, that matters, that's a good thing.

I can agree with that.

Aside from my Warf Rescue Team trophy (which took forever and involved a score review), all the other game trophies were complete accidents. I played the games one day and thought nothing of it. I wake up the next day and BAM! brand new trophies. They were a very pleasant thing to wake up to.

I can agree with that.

Aside from my Warf Rescue Team trophy (which took forever and involved a score review), all the other game trophies were complete accidents. I played the games one day and thought nothing of it. I wake up the next day and BAM! brand new trophies. They were a very pleasant thing to wake up to.

That's how I got my Extreme Herder trophy. I don't even know when exactly I got it, I was such a noob back in my first years of Neopets that I didn't even check these things! :oneeyed01:

That's how I got my Extreme Herder trophy. I don't even know when exactly I got it, I was such a noob back in my first years of Neopets that I didn't even check these things! :oneeyed01:

It's a very pleasant surprise to find, isn't it? I squealed like a little girl when I saw my Bumble Beams trophy.

Hmmm, so here's a trick to manage to get them! (I don't know if it's a glitch or if it's on purpose, but it always works for me). First, don't go to Noda's Fortune Cookies page. Go to the NC Mall and type "cookie" on the search bar. You'll see all the cookies that exist, not only the ones that are avaiable at the moment. You'll notice that, most of the time, more than 3 cookies are avaiable! But for some reason they don't show up in Noda's page! And you can totally buy them!

Second, even if the cookie you want is out of stock, add it to your cart. Just add it. Keep clicking the "add to cart" button no matter how many times the message "sorry, there's no one left out!" appears. Then wait a few days. When you return, you'll see that your cart is FULL of them!

I think what happens is, when the cookie gets avaiable again, all those "add to cart" clicks you made kinda count. So they are sent directly to your cart, safe and sound!

Since I found that out, it's the ONLY way I manage to buy Faerie Quest Cookies, because they are just NEVER avaiable on Noda's page. ;)

Thanks! I tried that today even though they were all out (they sold out fast since the cookie price has been put on sale, but when do they NOT sell out fast?) Anyway, if they get more in stock and sell out again, do the cookies only appear in my cart for the time they get more in stock and get pulled from my cart once they're out?

-People saying that they're Neo-broke when they have at least 1 million NP.

And then I look at my bank, see that I have way less than half of that and wonder what Neo-broke even means.

-Constantly forgetting about my Habitarium. Whoops.

-The character limit in the Neoboards-- or anything on Neo. I type a lot.

-What can and can't I say on the Neoboards?! Agggh!

-Being forever bad at the games.

Right now? The Rubbish avatar and how weirdly difficult it's decided to be for me to attain! I'm not a natural hoarder when it comes to my SDB, I hate building up a ton of junk in there - if it was up to me all it would hold is codestones/dubloons/faeries/collat items/etc.

It seems that now the possible way of getting cookies when they were out of stock by adding them to your cart is no longer possible. It used to be, apparently, but TNT seems to have stopped it. Maybe somebody pointed it out to them so they "fixed" it. But now there is no longer any way to cheat to get the cookies.

I need my cookies and that was the only way for me to get them because they aren't stocking actively anymore. How else can I get Faerie Quests!? I NEED MY COOKIES!

Of course, just when the cheat is pointed out for me to try, the cheat no longer works. Well I need that cheat as my only way of getting faerie quest fortune cookies. During the duration of the cookies being half off, there were never any in stock. It's like TNT has stopped restocking them or forgotten to do so. How many people actually managed to get some during the sale? Are the cookies actually restocking?? When!?

The only way for me to get the cookies is if they are available on the menu board. Thanks a lot, TNT, for eliminating the cheat I need to get the cookies if they aren't on the menu board on the cookie page. I hate you guys.

Well, I've found mine today, trophy hunting. It's pretty stressful playing tango with the game scores, trying to hit a high score but not going over the review threshold within the 3 sendable scores.

I've already went past the threshold for Advert Attack and Crisis Courier and maxed out on plays. My gold trophies for those two probably won't happen, unless TNT manage to review the scores by tomorrow.

Lady Lyuba, if TNT removed the ability to get them that way, that's because it was never intended to be possible that way. Taking advantage of things like that is actually not allowed, so it's better they removed it before it continued to be abused and people started getting in trouble for it.

And I saw the cookies stock several times during the sale, you just had to keep checking. I had been watching for them and was able to get a nice batch of them. It took me about, 20 minutes of checking before they stocked on the second to last day of the sale. Personally, I just kept searching "cookie" which loaded only the cookies and I just kept my eyes on the FQ cookie for it to say there were some available.

Lady Lyuba, if TNT removed the ability to get them that way, that's because it was never intended to be possible that way. Taking advantage of things like that is actually not allowed, so it's better they removed it before it continued to be abused and people started getting in trouble for it.

And I saw the cookies stock several times during the sale, you just had to keep checking. I had been watching for them and was able to get a nice batch of them. It took me about, 20 minutes of checking before they stocked on the second to last day of the sale. Personally, I just kept searching "cookie" which loaded only the cookies and I just kept my eyes on the FQ cookie for it to say there were some available.

Then I sure hope nobody got frozen for doing this cheat, for those who took advantage of the loophole.

laboratory2.gif
Hee hee hee!

The ray is fired at Anteliaa...

lab_lightning.gifuni_blue_sad.gif

... and she doesn't change at all :(

I hate it when this happens....

Random avatars are really anoying I agree, random anything is annoying actually. I never had luck at all, the odds are never in my favor so I understand you perfectly on this one.

Putting aside the obvious, getting your neopets, neopoints and all your items stolen from you and never getting them back. Random avatars are the worst.

Oh and expired avatars and old trophies, it always makes em sad to think that I missed them when I could of gotten them. (I was young and foolish when I started neopets, I did not really know what I was doing half the time)

What consistently bothers me is people on the Trading Post who think they can trick me out of what I'm asking for. If I ask for a specific amount of NP, I don't want to go much lower than that. Yet there are people who will offer hundreds of thousands of NP less than what I'm asking.

Recently I even had someone Neomail me, telling me that the TP price was for my item and offering 400k less than that. I hate when people expect that they're dealing with novices, and try to cheat them out of NP.

The most frustrating part is how strict the boards are with their ridiculous rules.

I agree that the rules are annoying (I've been warned several times for things that I never thought would have been a problem), but the rules are just there to protect younger people. I'm willing to sacrifice some conversations on the neoboards, or just not use them, so younger kids aren't going to come across stuff they shouldn't. I have other places to talk about whatever I want- they should have one place where they can talk in relative safety.

Random avatars, like Snowager, Buried Treasure, Wise and Grumpy Old Kings, etc.

What's even more frustrating is seeing accounts that are weeks or months old that have the avatars, when I've been trying to get them for years (and still don't have them).

Secondly, dealing with TNT's overly strict (bugged?) filters when typing neomails or neoboard posts. Some get flagged for absolutely no reason as far as I can tell.

Random avatars, like Snowager, Buried Treasure, Wise and Grumpy Old Kings, etc.

What's even more frustrating is seeing accounts that are weeks or months old that have the avatars, when I've been trying to get them for years (and still don't have them).

Secondly, dealing with TNT's overly strict (bugged?) filters when typing neomails or neoboard posts. Some get flagged for absolutely no reason as far as I can tell.

The filter is just strict, not bugged. It catches words that contain other words that they have banned. So, words like grape and basement are caught because they contain 'rape' and 'semen' respectively.

Just found out what was the frustrating thing about this. I misspelled my neopet's name -_-.... (sigh, it's back to the drawing board again...) Oh well, Slyphienth is probably OK. (was gonna name her Sylphienth, just sounds so majestic xD)