The Official Stock Market Board

Finn the Human

I bought 200 shares of BB for 16. First market trade. Exciting! :laughingsmiley:

Yay for starting out! :D

I recommend that you buy 1000 shares every day. If you buy at 15, that's only 15k every day- easy to make up in games alone! :D

Hitting your goal of 50 mill is going to take a while, but the stock market will help you so much. It's such an easy way to multiply your NP. :)

Yay for starting out! :D

I recommend that you buy 1000 shares every day. If you buy at 15, that's only 15k every day- easy to make up in games alone! :D

Hitting your goal of 50 mill is going to take a while, but the stock market will help you so much. It's such an easy way to multiply your NP. :)

I can attest to this. I've collected over 200K a couple of times in the Market, and I have a tiny portfolio compared to some of the people here.

I had to sell BB because I lost 200 NP. I need some tips to see if a stock is worth investing in.

Never sell a stock just because it goes down. It looks awful when all of your stocks are in the red, but each one will go up again. My stocks recently went from being -30% over all to being +40%! It's just how investments go.

Buy as many stocks as you can afford every day. If you have the NP for it, buy 1000 of whatever stock you have the least of. Since you're starting out, you can choose any stock at random, basically. Buy at 15 whenever possible- if there is none available when you check, look back later, or buy at 16 or 17. You can buy a stock that is currently higher, but you won't get as much return on it.

Remember, the stock market is a LONG TERM investment. I've been buying stocks daily for about a year now, and there are some that I have never sold (I don't sell my stocks until they hit 60 NP a share). You can't expect your stocks to jump up over night, and all stocks will fall at some point. There is so little risk in the Neopian stock market though- I don't think that a stock has gone bankrupt in about ten years!

I had to sell BB because I lost 200 NP. I need some tips to see if a stock is worth investing in.

BB was a great stock to have invested in! You should read up on the stock market before playing. Neodaq is a great place to start- just go to the main page and look at their investor's guide.

I'd follow Rebecca's advise. Never sell a stock for less that you bought it for.

I buy whatever is sitting at 15. If there happens to be more than one stock at 15, I divide it up. Like if there happens to be three stocks at 15, I figure out which one I have less of, buy 334 shares of it, and 333 of the other two, so I buy the maximum 1000 shares a day. This page shows the bargain stocks and is my go to page to determine what I should invest in.

BB was a great stock to have invested in! You should read up on the stock market before playing. Neodaq is a great place to start- just go to the main page and look at their investor's guide.

Ooh, really? That's good to hear, since I have a little over 2.2K stocks invested in it. I just have to stop being so trigger-happy and selling too quickly.

I already sold mine at 60. :( At first I thought you said TNAH and I was about to get excited, then realized it was only at 37, lol. It feels so weird not having all those stocks anymore. I sold off about 30 something shares last week so now my port feels empty.

I already sold mine at 60. :( At first I thought you said TNAH and I was about to get excited, then realized it was only at 37, lol. It feels so weird not having all those stocks anymore. I sold off about 30 something shares last week so now my port feels empty.

Haha, I know what you mean! My portfolio seems tiny these days. I'm down to less than 200k shares. :o

TNPT is now at 61, everyone! :D

I'm going to wait it out and see if it'll rise any more. -crosses fingers-

I buy whatever is sitting at 15. If there happens to be more than one stock at 15, I divide it up. Like if there happens to be three stocks at 15, I figure out which one I have less of, buy 334 shares of it, and 333 of the other two, so I buy the maximum 1000 shares a day. This page shows the bargain stocks and is my go to page to determine what I should invest in.

That sounds like a very weird strategy and I don't know how well it works. I personally buy what I feel is the best stock at 15 and it works out pretty nicely for me.

Oh, and is UNIB going to stay 100+ for a long time? Is this natural for stocks, generally?

My strategy is simple: I look at the stocks at 15, then buy the one I currently have the least of. If two are tied, I just go with whichever. This works well because slow-cycling stocks tend to accumulate in a portfolio, so that I rarely end up buying them. Fast-cycling stocks are more likely to have been recently sold (and so more likely to be the fewest, so I buy more of them). This means buying stocks takes less than a minute, so there are no excuses to skip it. If I literally only have a minute to spend on Neopets in a day, I collect interest, withdraw 15k, and buy stocks. Maybe spin the Wheel of Slime and play Expellibox. If I had to compare and try to pick the "best" stock, I know I'd skip buying. My technique still ends up in me buying the "best" stock ~80%+ of the time, while maximizing the diversity in my portfolio (thus minimizing risk).

That sounds like a very weird strategy and I don't know how well it works. I personally buy what I feel is the best stock at 15 and it works out pretty nicely for me.

Oh, and is UNIB going to stay 100+ for a long time? Is this natural for stocks, generally?

It's worked so far, but I might start being more picky since it doesn't seem like my portfolio's moved much since that last boom I got around mid-April.

If anyone hasn't sold yet, TNPT is at 78!

Summary : You had 25395 NP. After 5 successful transactions, you have 415375.

I really like the stock market - it's good motivation to get at least 15k per day in order to invest them.

I tend to sell my stocks when they get over 35 but it seems lots of people on here wait for higher so I may start doing that.

To comment on what others were discussing a few posts back:

I think the strategy of "buying whatever 15NP stock you have the least of" is definitely a good way to get started when you have no idea which stocks are good (it has certainly helped me out with diversifying my portfolio, anyway). However, once you've been playing for a while, you also start to notice which stocks never, EVER move. Even though I'm too lazy to spend the time finding out which stock is the "best" stock to buy, I at least make sure that I don't buy the worst stock. For example, I've started avoiding AAVL. It just never seems to move high enough. (Maybe others have had a different experience. I'm not the most consistent player and have taken long breaks from the game, so my opinion is not necessarily correct.)

I think the strategy of "buying whatever 15NP stock you have the least of" is definitely a good way to get started when you have no idea which stocks are good (it has certainly helped me out with diversifying my portfolio, anyway). However, once you've been playing for a while, you also start to notice which stocks never, EVER move. Even though I'm too lazy to spend the time finding out which stock is the "best" stock to buy, I at least make sure that I don't buy the worst stock. For example, I've started avoiding AAVL. It just never seems to move high enough. (Maybe others have had a different experience. I'm not the most consistent player and have taken long breaks from the game, so my opinion is not necessarily correct.)

It has gone quite high a number of times. A couple of pages back Siniri posted their new selling points for all of the stocks, based off of their highest points they've reached at least 3 times. AAVL has a selling point for them of 80, which is higher than a lot of the stocks we tend to think of as good. It's slow, very slow, but it could be worthwhile to invest in it regardless. :)

I'm the same as you. I'm too inpatient and usually avoid AAVL at all costs. It was the first stock I ever invested in I think (when I knew nothing of the stock market) now I have a good idea of which stocks are good and which aren't. I'm also too lazy to always look it up and I'm invested in quite a lot of C stocks but look at CYBU. It was a C stock, still is, and raised up to 100 something. :) I'm waiting on LUPE to rise atm.