Members are allowed to like posts

Clumsy rockyroad1

When this forum was upgraded, members were now allowed to like posts. Previously, it was restricted to staff members only.

I wish you didn't do this upgrade.

Actually, that was independent from the upgrade, and planned since last January.

I'm curious as to why you think it was not a good idea. Most people seemed eager to be able to like post and we have limited the amount of likes per member groups, so someone brand new on the forums can't like as much as a staff member can for instance.

Actually, that was independent from the upgrade, and planned since last January.

I'm curious as to why you think it was not a good idea. Most people seemed eager to be able to like post and we have limited the amount of likes per member groups, so someone brand new on the forums can't like as much as a staff member can for instance.

And for some reason you can like your own posts. That is something that creeps me out. But I still think its a great idea.

Member: 5

Super Member: 10

Fantastic Member: 15

Staff (full): 20

Staff (trial): 15

And if you like your own post, you kinda look stupid since everyone can see who has liked your post. :P So we were hoping people would not do it. :P

Personally I think it's great that we can like posts now ^^ The limits are really good as well. Hopefully I'll be a Fantastic Member soon :K

It might be easier to call it Liking than finding another term that will be understood as universally as Like is.

Liking posts is just a reputation system. It makes it possible to see what posts were deemed to really have great and helpful information, which is great for those looking for information on certain topics, where they aren't sure what might be best.

And I can tell you that seeing that others have liked what you posted is a great reward too :P

(They could have liked it because it was helpful, because it was the same answer they would have said or just because it was incredibly funny :P)

Also, it's impossible to go negative in the reputation system.

And I can tell you that seeing that others have liked what you posted is a great reward too :P

(They could have liked it because it was helpful, because it was the same answer they would have said or just because it was incredibly funny :P)

Also, it's impossible to go negative in the reputation system.

How. Is there also an unlike button than I did not see.

I think it's a really cool feature and I'm glad it was added. It's always made me feel good when a staff member has liked my post and now I can do that for others as well. And the way I see it, if people don't like at least they don't have to like posts.

No one has to use it. We're not going to ban anyone for not using the like button, promise :D If you don't like it (heh), you definitely don't have to use it if you don't want to :)