Hating your pet's name

usinski

Sadly I wish the original names were free (Kars, Esidisi, Wamuu and Santana), because I have a side, pillarmen, with pets that have variants of their names (e.x. Waamuu, Santanasan), and Santanasan just sounds weird to me...same with Karss and Waamuu.

They're all gonna be Desert pets though.

• 5 months later...

With the exception of one, I have created and thus named all of my pets myself. I am happy with them, except for my Desert Eyrie, his name is Atroye. I don`t hate it exactly, but I do wish I could alter it somehow..

• 3 weeks later...

I like my Grarrl's name: Tyranatar86

Not too many numbers so it seems slightly more natural (like he's Tyranatar the 86th or kind of like an athlete nickname with their initials and jersey number). That being said if TNT ever allowed us to rename our pets (I wouldn't mind buying NC to do it) I'd rename him to just Tyranatar if the current name-holder (last spotted: A long, long time ago) got purged and became available asap

I really like the name Tyranatar!  I don't think the 86 detracts from it at all!

I have what I consider to be some really well-named pets, and what many would consider to be some really bad ones, lol.  My first ever pet is named 1Dash_L.  I hit the trifecta (quadrafecta?) of weirdly unpronounceable, underscore, number, and random dangling letter.  I can't even remember why I chose to add the 1. :D  Luckily for me, underscores and numbers have never bothered me much, and I love Dash and would never, ever give him up.  I'm not even sure I'd change his name if I got the chance.  I wanted him to be unique, and that obviously worked, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have to admit, I certainly pay far more attention to naming conventions now than I used to. Even though I have no plans to trade them, I still try to keep it pronouncable and capitalised with no numbers. I'll accept underscores where really necessary and double barrelled names, but for the latter there tends to have to be a plan in it - so my Draik is named TinyEeyore because of a running joke I have with my husband about the three Eeyore plushies that follow me around everywhere; we have a regular Eeyore, who is Baby Eeyore, a Christopher Robin Eeyore who is Grandad Eeyore and a tiny Eeyore who is Teeny Tiny Eeyore. When I finally get round to creating my Elderly Pteri, I suspect I will call him GrandadEeyore!

I also spend a reasonable amount of time looking for translations to words that are relevant to a pet - so I created a Kiko with the aim of him being garlic and named him Kiklopi, which is a corruption of the Latvian Kiploki meaning garlic, has the species hidden in the word and has the bonus of meaning cyclops in Croation. Or my recent Gelert acquisition named Beddgylert, a corruption of the graveyard of Beddgelert that the dog who was the inspiration was named after. I never used to put that much thought into pet names before!!

16 hours ago, Secre said:

Kiklopi, which is a corruption of the Latvian Kiploki meaning garlic, has the species hidden in the word and has the bonus of meaning cyclops in Croation.

OOOHH I love that name! Extra bonus: it sounds adorable too!!! 🥺💞

Personally I recently got back to my account after 6 years? And I only had one main pet that I used to be super attached to, but now Im not so sure about their name 😞

Its the same name as my username (kinshi69), so I cant just give her up....

but tbh im not too fond of my current un for neopets, and I would change it if i could!

I'll probably settle for moving her to a side account once it hits 4 months old rip

Also idk why but Im more annoyed by underscores_ than numbers in names, it just looks worse to me.......... I rather go by CamelCase naming convention for my own pets!

10 hours ago, mildvermillion said:

OOOHH I love that name! Extra bonus: it sounds adorable too!!! 🥺💞

Personally I recently got back to my account after 6 years? And I only had one main pet that I used to be super attached to, but now Im not so sure about their name 😞

Its the same name as my username (kinshi69), so I cant just give her up....

but tbh im not too fond of my current un for neopets, and I would change it if i could!

I'll probably settle for moving her to a side account once it hits 4 months old rip

Also idk why but Im more annoyed by underscores_ than numbers in names, it just looks worse to me.......... I rather go by CamelCase naming convention for my own pets!

I spent quite a long time playing around with it before deciding on it! My UN is a throwback to my highly angst ridden teenage years. But I can bet a decent amount for Food Club so I'm not swapping to another account as my main!!

I have a few older pets that my naming conventions were interesting on - tdub1002 is the worst offender!!

I don't mind underscores at the end of words... at the beginning or in the middle they annoy me a little bit more. All of my double names haven't got underscores; TinyEeyore, HarmBoer, FaithfulDarkness and even SneezlesForNeezles...

I have another pet I named Huggleby... my current plan is to morph her into a Halloween Grundo. Death incarnate named Huggleby!

On 6/15/2016 at 4:43 PM, MysteryAF said:

My pet names are hideous...

cool_eyrie_77

cool_xweetok_77

cool_vandagyre_77

cool_peophin_77

I'm thinking of trading some of them to get better pet names.

Well at least I have replaced 3 those pets with some better names. I still have cool_peophin_77 cause I spent a fortune on that customization. And MissBubbles2 isn't the greatest with the 2 at the end, but MissBubbles was taken already. I should've thought of something else.

2 hours ago, MysteryAF said:

Well at least I have replaced 3 those pets with some better names. I still have cool_peophin_77 cause I spent a fortune on that customization. And MissBubbles2 isn't the greatest with the 2 at the end, but MissBubbles was taken already. I should've thought of something else.

I particularly like Tyravian! The name really fits the pet!!

• 2 weeks later...

Neopets should make an item that lets you change the name of your Neopet. That would be so awesome. Then some of those awful named pound pets might get some love.

45 minutes ago, MysteryAF said:

Neopets should make an item that lets you change the name of your Neopet. That would be so awesome. Then some of those awful named pound pets might get some love.

Or allow duplicates of the same name... or purge old inactive accounts so that some of those old names can go back into circulation!!

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been picky about names for quite a while so I usually have names I like. I think the only time I had names that were really eesh were when I had UCs which are kinda infamous for having names like coolbabyneorocks617288238 and the like lol