Do you think the labray is actually worth it ?

angellicaz

i've never been a lab ray fan and i have therefore never bought the map despite having the neopoints for it. it just seems like a really expensive daily to me. the only reason i would ever get it would be to try and zap pets to adopt out, unless i ended up zapping some incredible pet and just had to keep it for myself.

I got a robot zap

please rub off your luck on me :D I really NEED a robo zap for roboting :P

I had a robot zap before, it's quite exiting! I also had Jelly, a couple dariganand a mara.

(OMG I just went to my lookup and swempel turned into a strawberry mynci! Darn you TNT, DARN YOU! *shakes fist*

LOL)

Personally, I don't think it's worth it. If I want my pets to change, I'd rather buy a morphing potion or a paint brush. Lab Ray can be very risky. Like changing your pets gender for instance. It'd be very awkward having a male pet named Paprika Maya or Nancy Dinah...or Serenity for that matter!

If I want my pets to gain levels or intelligence, I'd rather make them read books or train them. I think Lab Ray is a waste of money.

I've gotten a couple of mara zaps, as well as island and random cheap color zaps. I bought my set for 400k-ish and it has paid for itself multiple times over now. Less than a year has passed but it gave me a lot of really nice zaps. I think that at the price it is now, I wouldn't buy it, but when it was below 1 mil I considered it more than worth it.

I love my lab maps. I have 3 different sets and I zap three pets daily. It is best if you are just zapping for the sake of changing. I have had all of my lab pets spend most of there times as kois though. :sad02: Either way, I just like that they are always changing. Also it is hard to beat a lab stated pets for plots. Don't have to spend a dime and the HP are pretty high.

A Lab Map is worth it in my opinion ... and I zap for fun & stats , not for species/color ... unless it was something out of this world : Robot Ogrin or something equally spectacular ... but even then I would keep it for a while then keep zapping :D

I bought the first one for my main for about 800k ... then when they got cheap last summer (they were given out by some event) I got a second one for my side for less than 400k ... both maps have not disappointed me ... On my main I have a strong BD pet with over 500HP ... and on my side the silliness continues day in day out :)

The current price is a little bit too much in my opinion ... but it's bound to go down again , somehow ...

I think it depends on what you want to make of it. The Lab Ray does appear to traumatize your pets which I do not like, and finding fun in that sounds kinda mean. Ture, that is just a graphic, but still. It makes one feel like your lab pet would be super depressed from all that zapping.

I don't really want the ray, but I'm probably going to need it if I want a Chocolate Ogrin. My only problem is, once the Ray finally zaps the pet into my dreamie, s/he could be the wrong gender. Which is kind of why I'd rather adopt one UFA or be lucky enough to get another quest from Naia who can in fact do Chocolate. But, Strange Potions aren't TOO expensive.

And looking at the pirce of the lab map now, I would say absoloutely not worth it.

I want it for the avies really, but I also wouldn't mind having it just for the random pets. I personally like the possiblty of getting a few pet avatars as I don't really want to get certian pets I just want their avatars eg; shoyru & kacheeks. I do however want a spefic pet, but I'm fine with waiting a bit.

The lab ray was one of the best investments for me. My bd pet is lab-statted and it's a one-time investment, though lab-statted pets tend to be low on defence. I also enjoy the randomness of the daily zaps and it's really nice to see a change in species every once in a few weeks or so.

I don't think I paid more than 700k for mine. I've recieved a number of avatars from it, and I like the surprise. :) Plus, both my dreamies are pets I can't get a paint brush for (MSP Poogle and Alien Aisha) so I don't feel like I wasted it. I may never get my dream pets, but at least I'm doing what I can to get them! :)

I don't know if I would buy the lab map at its current price though. I would probably find new dream pets. :P

I think it depends on what you want to make of it. The Lab Ray does appear to traumatize your pets which I do not like, and finding fun in that sounds kinda mean. Ture, that is just a graphic, but still. It makes one feel like your lab pet would be super depressed from all that zapping.

I don't really want the ray, but I'm probably going to need it if I want a Chocolate Ogrin. My only problem is, once the Ray finally zaps the pet into my dreamie, s/he could be the wrong gender. Which is kind of why I'd rather adopt one UFA or be lucky enough to get another quest from Naia who can in fact do Chocolate. But, Strange Potions aren't TOO expensive.

And looking at the pirce of the lab map now, I would say absoloutely not worth it.

If you finally get your dream pet, but zie is the wrong gender, rather than buying a Strange Potion, just battle against the Lab Ray Scientist. One of his weapons is a ray that can switch genders. :)

That's only if you want to get the lab ray though! I can definitely see that the price is discouraging, and having just one pet that you're aiming for is difficult because the odds are really stacked against you!

Best of luck getting your Chocolate Ogrin, with or without the ray. :)

If you finally get your dream pet, but zie is the wrong gender, rather than buying a Strange Potion, just battle against the Lab Ray Scientist. One of his weapons is a ray that can switch genders. :)

That's good to know, thanks for the tip! I'd read someone said that they'd change genders if someone adopting wanted them to but I didn't know how... I guess that solves that little mystery!

As for me, I've wanted a lab map for years but could never afford one. When I finally could I didn't waste much time getting it, even though it did cost over 1m. I did think I'd get more colour or species changes, but I sort of hope my luck will change soon enough if I keep at it.

For a while I sort of regretted spending all that money just to see my pet change gender or gain in the movement stat, however I've changed my mind after I eventually got a colour change (my Xweetok went from blue to robot). Robots don't interest me, but I thought it would be a shame to keep zapping so I put it up for trade. Someone on this forum read what my dream pet was, offered it up for me to adopt, and so I adopted out the robot to someone else instead. I got my dreamie, someone else got theres. Despite the events ending up being unrelated I'm not sure I'd have talked about my dream pet had I not had something worth trading, and that only happened thanks to the lab ray. No matter what happens in the future, it was totally worth it for my blue Cybunny!

the lab ray is good to increase your pet's HP. It does not decrease your HP!

It does make it difficult to train the pet later though! You need to increase your level to match your HP to train anything else, which increases how much you have to pay in codestones and dubloons. :(