Jelly Neo / Blizzard Brawl '24

I have been playing in the JN Blizzard Brawl '24. Today the opponents includes the  SNOW BEASTI don't have this one in my Battle Dome challengers. It gives a link to refresh so I can get it for the challenge. The link took me to the page below. I tried refreshing this page for about 30 minutes early this morning and nothing. I tried refreshing again the past hour for almost 60 minutes.  I still haven't got the darn thing! It's going to mess up my fight record if I don't play this opponent today.  Does anyone know if I am on the right page or have ant suggestions to help me get the SNOW BEAST? I don't mind refreshing the page but I do need to get it soon so I can compete.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

image.thumb.png.f0ff244aa1db58af082bc69f2b900406.png

• granny63020 changed the title to Jelly Neo / Blizzard Brawl '24

Hi Granny.

After reading JN's article on him, as well as our own article.

https://thedailyneopets.com/battledome/snow-beast-challenger

It seems (according to TDN's article) that you can sometimes get him as a challenger while playing Cliffhanger, otherwise, you simply must keep refreshing at the Advent Calendar page and hope for the best. You can just mash the F5 key on your keyboard, and periodically check your challenger list, or you can just click the refresh button like crazy too. I don't think you need to wait for the page to load up entirely between refreshings.

Man, I meant to sign up for that event, but I completely spaced on it, I didn't realize they were so far into it already. lol I hope you're doing well with it so far, :D good luck getting the Snow Beast to appear!

5 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Man, I meant to sign up for that event, but I completely spaced on it, I didn't realize they were so far into it already. lol I hope you're doing well with it so far, :D good luck getting the Snow Beast to appear!

Thanks for letting me know I was on the right track. I used F5 for about 30 minutes this morning and right before I posted here asking for suggestions I had used the F5 for about an hour.  Now I just finished F5ing for $HOURS!  No br4eaks, no Snow Beast but a lot of RE's. I kept thinking the *next click* . I'm getting a little flustered with this. I only have to midnight. Before I started the 4 hr thing I decided to find a similar opponent to see if I could even beat Snow Beast. I decided on the  Slug Monster  with 1250 HP and the ability to rejuvenate. I whipped him so I know I can whip the Snow Beast at 1200.  Up until today the opponents have all been lame using 1 weapon and 1 hit. It was the same when I played the Grarrg today, lame. I was looking forward to the Snow Beast but it may not happen. My finger was tired of F5 so I thought I would come over and post an update. I an going to do my dailies then get back to F5ing. lol

Well, I'm off and will update later. This is going to seriously hurt my score. Sorry you didn't play.

1 hour ago, GillyTook said:

I hadn't even heard of it.  Is it just a challenge yourself thingy?  Not that I think I've got most of the challengers, or could beat a lot of them anyway.

18 minutes ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I saw Jellyneo posting about it but have no idea what it is or how it works xD

The old IDB site, back when it was around and before it's leftovers merged with JN would have tournaments on occasion. Sometimes there'd be a storyline, and you'd have to fight opponents, or other players at certain points. It was like a battle plot, only NOT put on by TNT and the only things you could win were trophies for your forums account, or you could display the graphic on your petpage or something like that. Those were the OLD days, before I even knew TDN or JN existed. lol I even helped test a few peophin items back then, I was just a lender or participant though, still too new to the BD to know how things worked, but I poured over their entries trying to learn what I could about the BD. Loved that site. lol

Wow @granny63020, that's a LOT of Refreshing! I hope you are able to get it before time runs out! Good luck in the tourny! :D And congrats on beating the Slug Monster! Snow Beast has a couple brutal weapons, but I'm sure you'll be able to win once you can challenge him! :D

2 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I hadn't even heard of it.  Is it just a challenge yourself thingy?  Not that I think I've got most of the challengers, or could beat a lot of them anyway.

Sorry I can't figure out how to delete this 1st quote

3 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

I saw Jellyneo posting about it but have no idea what it is or how it works xD

If you place in the top ?? ( not sure what the number is now they put a Trophy in your JN Trophy cabinet.

4 hours ago, GillyTook said:

No, JN puts up 2 challengers a day. You have until midnight then that days challenge closes and another 2 are presented.  It started on the 25th and

tomorrow is the last day. JN then withing 24 hours posts your score using your Battle Dome.  You can learn more by going to JN and looking under News

Here's an update. I started refreshing again at 6:45 Neo time and it's 10:35. I never got the Snow Beast so I have no points for that challenge. It's going to cost me from placing in an upper rank most likely.  I checked and this was 1 of 3 challengers that I don't have.  Hopefully tomorrow will not include either of the other 2.  Honestly I am very disappointed  about this after spending 9+ hours pushing a refresh button. I guess I'll soon know what tomorrow brings.

Awww man, that's too bad @granny63020. Hopefully the other 2 opponents you don't have will not be in the last day's mix! After the tourny is over, maybe try to get those missing 3 opponents in case you ever need to fight those opponents again. Maybe even by the next time JN has their next tournament.

Best of luck tomorrow!

2 I will never get but this is the list of what I need.  I may never get the other 2 either since they are RE's and I get a lot of RE's. I think I remember some time ago trying for the Snow Beast but not to the extent I went to today. I will randomly go and refresh that page but I won't spend hours doing it.

image.thumb.png.668d85b2fb91c2c2ed25012f716944f3.png

43 minutes ago, granny63020 said:

2 I will never get but this is the list of what I need.  I may never get the other 2 either since they are RE's and I get a lot of RE's. I think I remember some time ago trying for the Snow Beast but not to the extent I went to today. I will randomly go and refresh that page but I won't spend hours doing it.

image.thumb.png.668d85b2fb91c2c2ed25012f716944f3.png

I don't have Mutated Chia, I don't remember how it was gotten, but it's not in my list. I have the others. Sabre-X and Tax Beast are a pain because they are random events, but the Tax Beast... I don't recall HOW much NP he took from me, but I think it was around a week or more worth of gaming back then. A bit more than 100k I think. Or maybe I HAD 100k and the random event took MOST of that. It's been years since I had that r/e. I don't know if I've had it since though. Good luck NOT having either of them as a challenger tomorrow! I would imagine that they would have stronger opponents than they had today for the last day. So hopefully that will be the case. Good luck tomorrow!

Here are the last day challengers

image.png.e28657e5c4020381a32255786e889572.png

image.png.d51bbc433d96785fe2aeb128e6defcc3.png

I'm not strong enough to beat him on anything higher than the 650

image.png.27d8ef73b682424cea6539648ddcd269.png

The 158 is the Red. Go figure another lame opponent

I won't have been confident enough to play in this contest had it not been for your help of updating weapons.

I appreciate all the help you have given to me. Still upset about that Snow Beast though! I could have knocked him down on the RED. LOL

Don't feel bad about Snowy. My pet can't beat Snowy on Medium either. If I had a few thousand more HP maybe I could then. lol Just do your best with Snowy, you may even get lucky and get a Frozen Negg drop! I'm glad  the last 2 opponents are opponents you have. Good luck with the rest of the tournament standings!

And you're welcome, I'm glad I was able to help you refine your equipment. ^_^ This tournament is a good workout, like a practice run before the battle plot.  I'm sure that is probably one of the reasons the JNBP staff came up with this event, to give people a good reason and even maybe some guidance of various opponents to help people try out different opponents and test their sets and mettle against a variety of foes? Just a thought. 😉

I wish I had remembered to sign up, oh well. lol Maybe their next tourney. LOL Good luck with your final ranking!

I will post the final standings that I receive. Good or bad. If I actually rank in the top standings I'll be happy with that If I don't I know it could be because I didn't fight in one of the important battles. I took your advice a while back about fighting Snowager and I got in 1 of the fights 2 frozen neggs and in another battle, another day I got 3 in a battle but mostly if I get them it is always along with a snowflake or other cheap item. I was selling them when I got them then decided to put them in the SDB. I just recently looked and had 10 frozen neggs so I listed all at once in the shop and sold all to the same player. Happy days! I had already feed my pet as a gourmet food and stuck 1 in the gallery for my my negg collection. My plan is to save up 10 before I put them in the shop. I think I may have used 1 or 2 in the neggery to buy some neggs I didn't have in my gallery. They are fairly easy to win when you play snowager. I also learned that from you. BTW, any idea when this *plot* might start?

11 hours ago, granny63020 said:

I will post the final standings that I receive. Good or bad. If I actually rank in the top standings I'll be happy with that If I don't I know it could be because I didn't fight in one of the important battles. I took your advice a while back about fighting Snowager and I got in 1 of the fights 2 frozen neggs and in another battle, another day I got 3 in a battle but mostly if I get them it is always along with a snowflake or other cheap item. I was selling them when I got them then decided to put them in the SDB. I just recently looked and had 10 frozen neggs so I listed all at once in the shop and sold all to the same player. Happy days! I had already feed my pet as a gourmet food and stuck 1 in the gallery for my my negg collection. My plan is to save up 10 before I put them in the shop. I think I may have used 1 or 2 in the neggery to buy some neggs I didn't have in my gallery. They are fairly easy to win when you play snowager. I also learned that from you. BTW, any idea when this *plot* might start?

Sounds like a good plan! I'm glad I was able to be of some help. 🙂 As far as the plot. According to a reply in the NT Editorial section I saw, TNT replied that it will be a "few months". Without giving away any exact details. So we've got time to train up a bit more. For your pet, since you've got the max Strength and Defense boosts, if you train anything, train HP so you can last longer in battle. It sounds like TNT might throw us some troublesome challengers from things I've read. No idea HOW troublesome of course, but, it can't hurt to be prepared. 😉  I'll be trying to work a bit on my pet's HP too. It can only help anyway. lol

2 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

So we've got time to train up a bit more. For your pet, since you've got the max Strength and Defense boosts, if you train anything, train HP so you can last longer in battle.

I long ago quit using the Ninja School for training/ Red stones cost so much and I have to wait (I don't remember how long) 24 hours to up my stats.  I strictly train with cookies because I get a large boost in whatever stat I am granted.  What are max Strength and Defense? Does it just stop at a certain number? Do Level and Hit Points stop at a certain number too?

Finished off the last 2 JN battles. I'm hoping to see results tomorrow or the next day.

I seem to have a bit of luck fighting the koi warrior (water dome?) for codestones.  I've read that dome is supposed to drop them at about a 30% rate.  Most ARE still the tan ones, but you can always sell those to get the reds.

I hope there's nothing too challenging in the plot.  I've only just gotten Mac up to 200 str/def, her HP is still super low, and I'm really going to be sad if I can't finish it because they expect people to have been training for years.

23 hours ago, granny63020 said:

I long ago quit using the Ninja School for training/ Red stones cost so much and I have to wait (I don't remember how long) 24 hours to up my stats.  I strictly train with cookies because I get a large boost in whatever stat I am granted.  What are max Strength and Defense? Does it just stop at a certain number? Do Level and Hit Points stop at a certain number too?

Finished off the last 2 JN battles. I'm hoping to see results tomorrow or the next day.

12 hours for max tier in the Secret Ninja Training Academy. But I agree on the cost. Not really worth it. I use Cookies almost exclusively too. Better turnover provided you get the type of faerie you want/need. Strength and Defense stop impacting those stats at 750 points. I don't think there's a cap on level or HP. HP can still be trained to 3x your Level at the Secret Ninja School too. I've seen some pets with around and over 15,000hp. Some of the oldest and legendary.

Good luck with your standings from the tourney!

10 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I seem to have a bit of luck fighting the koi warrior (water dome?) for codestones.  I've read that dome is supposed to drop them at about a 30% rate.  Most ARE still the tan ones, but you can always sell those to get the reds.

I hope there's nothing too challenging in the plot.  I've only just gotten Mac up to 200 str/def, her HP is still super low, and I'm really going to be sad if I can't finish it because they expect people to have been training for years.

I hear that a lot for Koi Warrior, and regular stones can be converted to random red stones at Techo Mountain. But it takes 10 random regular to make 1 random red. So it's usually not worth it NP-wise, imho.

I read in the latest editorial, I think, that TNT is planning on having things for those pets who may not be able to battle all opponents to do as well. MY hope is that they will be parallel, so that everyone can do both types of things. Unlike the Curse of Maraqua War where you had fighters and supporter roles. But, it might be like the Curse of Maraqua War, I don't know. Nobody but TNT does.

I played just out of high school, didn't know of any of the plots around that time (I think there was at least one) and vanished from neopia for years, so all I've done is heard of the others.  Too bad there's no way to play any but the Altador plot after the fact.  

As long as the prizes are equivalent, and I don't have to try to team up with someone who may or may not like me, I'm not too fussed about how they do it.  So long as I CAN do it.  I think I started training when I had to fight Malum's forces and he was destroying me.  Ugh.

I'd assume selling them would be more beneficial than turning them in on Techo Mountain, right?  Not QUITE enough for one of the reds, but more of a cost offset than getting a random one that might not be as expensive as the one you need.

13 hours ago, GillyTook said:

1 hour ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I hear that a lot for Koi Warrior, and regular stones can be converted to random red stones at Techo Mountain. But it takes 10 random regular to make 1 random red. So it's usually not worth it NP-wise, imho.

I normally fight Giant Space Fungus  on Red and I get Red and Brown stones as well as Nerkmids daily. On a good day I will get a combination of about 10. On a bay day I'll get somewhere in the 2 to 4 range but I do seem to get them daily. I just throw them in the SDB until I get a build up then put them in my shop. I wouldn't have a problem using them to train. Training takes to long and I don't have the patience. Cookies are for me and I can get more than a 1 point increase in stats.  Now HP's are 1341 / Attack 1550 / Defence 1334 / Level  713.  My stats wouldn't be as high as they are if it weren't for the cookies.

Still waiting for the JN results.

3 hours ago, GillyTook said:

I played just out of high school, didn't know of any of the plots around that time (I think there was at least one) and vanished from neopia for years, so all I've done is heard of the others.  Too bad there's no way to play any but the Altador plot after the fact.  

As long as the prizes are equivalent, and I don't have to try to team up with someone who may or may not like me, I'm not too fussed about how they do it.  So long as I CAN do it.  I think I started training when I had to fight Malum's forces and he was destroying me.  Ugh.

I'd assume selling them would be more beneficial than turning them in on Techo Mountain, right?  Not QUITE enough for one of the reds, but more of a cost offset than getting a random one that might not be as expensive as the one you need.

Ah ok. I've pulled a few "vanishing acts" too while playing this game. Though I've been back steady since a little bit before the Obelisk War, about maybe 10 years ago now? The first plot I took part in was an old one, not Meridell vs Darigan, but the one after that, but before the Hannah and the Ice Caves plot. lol I don't even know what it was called, but it was the first battle plot I took part in, and it was pretty fun. Been hooked on those ever since. 😉 But they've been few and far between.

I think TNT will make sure of that. You might have to pick a team, battle or support, or something like that. We won't know the rules until TNT releases them unfortunately. But you probably won't be working directly with anyone, just like the Faerie Festival 2023, it'll be a group effort for points or prizes. You could train if you want. you may be battling too. You've got a few months according to TNT's reply to an editorial question, so there's time to raise your stats a fair bit.

Yeah, I think selling would be the way to go. Even 10 Bri Codestones, at say, 3200np each, would be 32,000np. And you might turn those in and get a Mag or Sho red codestone, which are not worth that much. So you'd have lost out on value there.

As for the NC stuff. If you buy NC items, the Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies are 100nc. Basically $1 per cookie, and they last 9 days. 9x24hours from the time you open them.

Or, you could always get the lab ray. It has some down sides though. You can gain and lose stats. It does increase the Strength and HP quite often from what I've read. Though it can decrease Defense, change your pet's gender or species. Even reduce it's level back to level 1. So there are trade-offs in using it. I've never used the lab ray though. So I can't say anything from personal experience, just what I've read about it.

14 minutes ago, Aquamentis12 said:

As for the NC stuff. If you buy NC items, the Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies are 100nc. Basically $1 per cookie, and they last 9 days. 9x24hours from the time you open them.

Although this is true around the Faerie Festival time FQC go on sale for 1/2 price. During that time I buy 25 or more cookies and they last me for quite some time. There is another time they go on sale  but I don't remember when that is. I am a bargain buyer and I think 1/2 price is a bargain!

Definitely better to buy when they're on sale!  

I have the lab map on one of my sides (and need to buy pet slots since it has given me pets I like now, lol!)  I definitely like my island ixi as she is, so I am NOT willing to use it on her and take the risk.  If it's months away, I might be able to get her up to 250 str/def and get another multiplier, but I doubt I could get more than that as it's still a bit under 150 training sessions, and I tend to do them over the 4 days I'm on my home computer at 2x daily.  Of course if I got to 250, I could start using reds for shorter sessions, too, but eh.  Oh, and still would need to bump her HP up so it's not ridiculously low in comparison. . .

33 minutes ago, GillyTook said:

Definitely better to buy when they're on sale!  

I have the lab map on one of my sides (and need to buy pet slots since it has given me pets I like now, lol!)  I definitely like my island ixi as she is, so I am NOT willing to use it on her and take the risk.  If it's months away, I might be able to get her up to 250 str/def and get another multiplier, but I doubt I could get more than that as it's still a bit under 150 training sessions, and I tend to do them over the 4 days I'm on my home computer at 2x daily.  Of course if I got to 250, I could start using reds for shorter sessions, too, but eh.  Oh, and still would need to bump her HP up so it's not ridiculously low in comparison. . .

Oh yes. But even so, $1 per cookie isn't bad since they increased it to 9 days from 7.

Same here, I'm not willing to use the lab ray on my peophin. Peophin morphing potions are pretty pricey still, and I like his customization and such. Plus my Freezer is species specific, if he changed species, I would need to get a new freezer.

Anyway, as far as training goes. You could try for the boosts if you want, though your HP would be kind of low still then. Though, if you did Kitchen Quests, you might get some extra stat points there. I think I've gone over them in this thread before, but you can complete 10 on-site quests per day, (Kitchen, Edna, snow faerie etc.) all count towards the 10. So you can do 10 Kitchen Quests per day, if you get a stat boost, it'll be 1 point and I do believe it goes to your active pet. So, while you train your Ixi you could also try Kitchen Quests for a few extra points. I think I read somewhere that HP is one of the more common stats awarded. It can give you Strength, Defense and Agility too.

KQs can be pricey and their quest timer is pretty long, usually 2-3 hours. So if there's one you don't want to do, you end up waiting a bit for it to run out so you can try a new one. That being said, I tend to only do them if the total quest price is around 5k or so. Cheap for a stat point at my peophin's level, but the items you get sometimes are often not worth much, and sometimes you only get under 1k in NP back. So, there's that possibility too. Still, it's a relatively cheap way to try to get some extra stat points. If I were into heavy training, I'd do all 10 quests probably regardless of cost, but since I'm only casually training, it's not such a big deal to put a lower limit on the NP on each quest. I'm trying to save up for some stuff too, so there's that.

This is a typical day when I battle the Giant Space Fungus.  This is why I battle him daily. On occasion I will battle the Snowager to get Frozen Neggs but normally the Snowager gives me more junk than Neggs. Today I got 10 sell able items. No Reds but that's fine since I get them often anyway.

image.thumb.png.4aa386506ea372ade3e29ab85c3191a2.png