How to create a LEGAL side account and how to send money to another account.

noneyobizznish

Hi guys. So, I'm well aware about the rules about a side account. However, I want to use my side account as storage space for the pets I've been adopting / making. The other day I did have to play a trudy's surprise on my side account just so that I could adopt the pets I transferred. I know this is against the rules but I don't understand how else we're meant to store neopets. Is there a way to send money to a side account that was earned legally on my main account? If I put up a trade or something or an auction, wouldn't that still be "earning neopoints" from that account? Confusion........

You are allowed to gift an item to your side account, then put up a trade and include NP to transfer the neopoints. Don't put them in the bank, just keep them on hand. That way you can still take care of the pets in a side account.

You need to transfer np that was earning on your main to your side. Anything else runs the risk of getting frozen.

What I do is put up a junk trade of 10 items on my main. I offer from my side with like 1np and accept on my main. My side now has junk items. I then create a new trade on the side with one of those items. Bid on it from my main with say 20,000np to last me a while. Accept. Side now has legal np.

As Duma said, you cannot collect interest on any np you have on a side as this is 'earning np'.

Secre does more steps than I do.  I just gift my side a junk item and use it as a trade.  I don't think it makes any difference, but I always put in the trade ad that I'm transferring np to my side accounts just in case they get noticed.  

https://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=522422&week=506

This is old now (four pets on accounts!  How quaint!) but it says what you are/aren't allowed to do with side accounts, just in case you want to double check before doing something to make sure you don't get in trouble for it.