Would there ever be a new Neopet species?

Singledwish123

Today's daily puzzle made me think about whether Neopets would ever release a new species again! Vandagyres were introduced in 2014, the most recent new Neopet. I know there have been so many site changes since then, and so many beautiful, amazing other features. If they do make a new species, what do you think they'd look like?

1 hour ago, Singledwish123 said:

Today's daily puzzle made me think about whether Neopets would ever release a new species again! Vandagyres were introduced in 2014, the most recent new Neopet.

Wow, I hadn't realized it was 2014. 10 years?  (almost) I have no idea about what a new pet would look like but there are so many talented artist that are members if neo asked for submissions they may find the next new pet. It would be wonderful to have a member create the next new pet.

ooh that'd be fun! O: Honestly if i could choose like, a new neopet species i'd probably pick some sort of crustacean-y looking species, theres so many wonderful crustaceans out there! O: like you could have some sort of Isopod to fit in with some of the more bug-like neopets, or maybe a Shrimp would be fun! i know a lot of those sorts of traits are in maraquarian pets but it'd be really cool to see

Something else that might be cool would be something like a beaver or monotreme themed pet! like a platipus-esk looking creature O: could even be linked to something like the storm clouds on lutari island! Imagine some sort of semi-aquatic species that thrive in extreme environments, like the storm clouds that cover the area! the description on the page says "even the sea life seems to be staying away", but if a new neopet species were there, it could be they're partially scared of them as well, like some sort of carnivorous species. It'd also give the neopets team a reason to re-use lutari island, possibly even making a new plot centered around it O:

a different new species that would be cool would be something plant based, no real like, specific lore reason or idea for it, but it'd be really cool to see a plant neopet ^^

Sorry for rambling, but just thinking about new neopet species gave me cool ideas ^^

5 hours ago, granny63020 said:

Wow, I hadn't realized it was 2014. 10 years?  (almost) I have no idea about what a new pet would look like but there are so many talented artist that are members if neo asked for submissions they may find the next new pet. It would be wonderful to have a member create the next new pet.

5 hours ago, ginnypearl said:

ooh that'd be fun! O: Honestly if i could choose like, a new neopet species i'd probably pick some sort of crustacean-y looking species, theres so many wonderful crustaceans out there! O: like you could have some sort of Isopod to fit in with some of the more bug-like neopets, or maybe a Shrimp would be fun! i know a lot of those sorts of traits are in maraquarian pets but it'd be really cool to see

Something else that might be cool would be something like a beaver or monotreme themed pet! like a platipus-esk looking creature O: could even be linked to something like the storm clouds on lutari island! Imagine some sort of semi-aquatic species that thrive in extreme environments, like the storm clouds that cover the area! the description on the page says "even the sea life seems to be staying away", but if a new neopet species were there, it could be they're partially scared of them as well, like some sort of carnivorous species. It'd also give the neopets team a reason to re-use lutari island, possibly even making a new plot centered around it O:

a different new species that would be cool would be something plant based, no real like, specific lore reason or idea for it, but it'd be really cool to see a plant neopet ^^

Sorry for rambling, but just thinking about new neopet species gave me cool ideas ^^

I think @ginnypearl's adorable ideas proved @granny63020 point that a member contest would be so fun. The people on here are so imaginative!

A new Neopet species would be fun, but ultimately I don't see TNT adding any new species; it's a lot of work, especially considering they need to be compatible with every wearable clothing item. Not to mention the bulk of Neopets' revenue is from Neocash clothing items, and when the artists (who are already stretched thin) have to draw those clothing items for every existing pet species, ...

(Sorry, bit of a pessimistic reply... but a new pet species being a lot of work for the artists is more or less why they stopped adding new species in 2006 with the Lutari, and only added the Vandagyre in 2014 - 8 years later!)

On 8/26/2023 at 8:30 PM, granny63020 said:

A lot of the pets we have are actually member created 🙂 I believe the Shoyru was and a few others were too! I always love when they use fan-made things and make them official 🙂

12 minutes ago, Angeló said:

I want  a Neopet that looks like a Panda Bear 

I will own every available color 

I think pandas and owls are the animal inspos for Vandagyres, but pandas are my favorite animal so I'd never be mad at another Neopet inspired by them. The albino panda that recently made the news made me think a star-nosed mole/panda hybrid would make the cutest Neopet.

OIP.8kqf7-IqMP55GkorZNGhwQHaEo?pid=ImgDe

R.34dadc651bf7f98c79d503f0ba304491?rik=x

14 hours ago, Musical_Shoyru said:

A lot of the pets we have are actually member created 🙂 I believe the Shoyru was and a few others were too! I always love when they use fan-made things and make them official 🙂

I had no idea! That is too cool!!