Attaching PetPetPets? (I have a few questions)

trickkey

I feel like I should know these things, having been on Neopets for so many many years, but I wanted to ask you guys what the safest way to attach a Petpetpet is. I've heard they can run away before they actually attach to your pet's petpet... And I don't want the Pant Devil to steal it. Do you guys have any tips or tricks to getting a Petpetpet to attach to the petpet? I want to minimize the risk of losing it.

I'd appreciate any advice or tips you guys can offer! Thanks in advance!

I've never heard of one running away! But other than to have the correct pet active and refreshing until it attaches there is no other way. To minimize the risk of it getting stolen from the Pant Devil, just make sure you have lots of other stuff in your inventory. Also, since 2007 they've changed it so that p3's attach a lot faster.

Plus I wonder if the Pant Devil can even show up now since I haven't heard or seen any Random Events in the beta layout. Your inventory is always beta layout already so refreshing it might not pose any risk anymore.

• 4 months later...

I am having the worse luck right now, trying to attach a Mootix to a painted petpet! I tried for 6 hours yesterday and started at 7:30 am CMT US today (5:30 am NST) on another computer and it is 2:08 pm NST and still hasn't attached! Do P3s not attach to painted petpets? Or are we not allowed to use Auto Refresher and must click manually ourselves? Yesterday wren I tried, I had just given MidnightVooDoo a Snicklebeast that I had it paint Pirate, Patches_the_1st_Mate and thought maybe the petpet being 0 hours old couldn't have it yet? But then how old does a petpet have to be? Bc today it was 16 hours old when I started,

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

1 hour ago, midnight_spell360 said:

Or are we not allowed to use Auto Refresher and must click manually ourselves?

You are not allowed to use Auto Refresher whatsoever ! Under no circumstances ..  they will freeze your account 

And you have to use the Classic Inventory page to get the P3 to attach

Also P3's are a huge pain in the neck to attach .. you gotta be patient , refresh MANUALLY and take breaks every 10 - 15 minutes

OMG! I never knew the restriction of No Auto Refresher! Stopped it immediately. 

What is a Classic Inventory? Now that we moved into Beta-I don't know how to get "Classic"? 

Thanks for your help.

The auto refresh is never allowed because being active on the site (like with refreshes) can give you RE's. So, even though RE's can either be good or bad, it is against Neopets rules to auto refresh. Everything done automatically is against the rules. YOU need to play, not your computer/phone.

To go to the Classic inventory you can use this: http://www.neopets.com/inventory.phtml/x

@DumaThank you for explaining this and giving me the link to the Classic inventory. I appreciate that you guys helped me and I feel bad that I didn't know that Auto Refresh was never supposed to be used. 🤦‍♂️

09/15/2021

image.png.7937ec60c1f4148d14df0ad837e554d0.png  It finally attached! Now our guild can get the Mootix Avatar

and hopefully the Snicklebeast Avatar around Nov. 9th, 2021! Thanks for your help @Duma and @Angeló The Enabler

Edited by midnight_spell360
Showing petpetpet attached!