I'm back!

Hey 馃檪聽I'm Lou and I've returned to neopets/TDN after a very long break. I used to be on the TDN news team back in the day!

My long break was mostly due to graduating uni/life changes.

Hope all is well! Trying to catch up on what I've missed over the past however many years hahaha

A welcome back from聽one former TDN staffer聽to another.

This is Neomysterion by the way, or D-Pad Doc as I'm known as on many trenches of the net these days, and I was a Global Moderator here back in the early 2010s. Nowadays, I've been reduced down to a lurker. Congrats on graduating uni by the way.

All is well on my end, it's just slow with all these current going-ons is all.

Hey Lou! How's it going? It's been a while since you've been around here. Hope all is well with you.

Things are good here! Just adjusting to the new school routine still. 馃檪

Are we going for regional greetings?

I could try a bit of "a'right me duck?", though I'm not actually from round 'ere, so I'll not do that. 馃槄

Just now, jellysundae said:

I could try a bit of "a'right me duck?", or maybe a bit of "nah then", though I'm not actually from round 'ere, so I'll not do that. 馃槄

6 hours ago, Mouseykins said:

Hey Lou! How's it going? It's been a while since you've been around here. Hope all is well with you.

Things are good here! Just adjusting to the new school routine still. 馃檪

Hey lovely 馃檪聽I'm very good thank you! Glad to hear things are good. I actually work in education (a school) now so I'm still settling into the new school routine myself aha!

2 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I could try a bit of "a'right me duck?", though I'm not actually from round 'ere, so I'll not do that. 馃槄

Hahaha!聽馃槀聽I lived in South Yorkshire for 6 years so I was very confused when people suddenly started calling me duck

33 minutes ago, complicatedwishes said:

I lived in South Yorkshire for 6 years so I was very confused when people suddenly started calling me duck

The Polish guy that used to cut my hair found it even more confusing, as I'm sure you can imagine xD I'm in Lincolnshire and the regional accent here can be so impenetrable it's like it's from another planet! An old fella lived next door to us when we first moved up here (from Bournemouth) and we quite literally could not understand a single word he said. 馃ぃ

11 hours ago, complicatedwishes said:

Hey lovely 馃檪聽I'm very good thank you! Glad to hear things are good. I actually work in education (a school) now so I'm still settling into the new school routine myself aha!

My oldest is in 3rd grade and homeschooled. My middle monster is in 1st grade and doing at-home learning through our school division. Lots of Google Meets for her and back and forth between the computer. We're still adjusting our individual learning time so both kiddos get their learning done for the day.

@complicatedwishesI got distracted earlier and meant to ask you what you're doing in the school system. 馃檪

• 9 months later...
On 10/5/2020 at 4:35 PM, Mouseykins said:

My oldest is in 3rd grade and homeschooled. My middle monster is in 1st grade and doing at-home learning through our school division. Lots of Google Meets for her and back and forth between the computer. We're still adjusting our individual learning time so both kiddos get their learning done for the day.

@complicatedwishesI got distracted earlier and meant to ask you what you're doing in the school system. 馃檪

Sorry for such a delayed response! I'm useless at checking neo/related forums聽馃檭! I'm a teaching assistant at a special needs school :D