So Close to All-Star I Can Taste It!

Secre

I'm just inside the doorway of rank 16, I'm fairly hopeful for hitting AS, it depends on whether my motivation goes into hiding again at any point. xD The numbers get so demoralising once you reach this stage. ^_^;;

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

I'm just inside the doorway of rank 16, I'm fairly hopeful for hitting AS, it depends on whether my motivation goes into hiding again at any point. xD The numbers get so demoralising once you reach this stage. ^_^;;

Made it today and went on to max out SOSD as well so double win. I now definitely have enough points for a yooyu if the prizes are the same cost as last year. Just to keep going so I can get the stamp and the books if possible now!

Keep going. Just think. Less than two weeks left!! But yes, it's rather more demoralising to have to max out one game and a half of another to rank up. It was worse in previous years though!! I mean the top prizes used to be 40,000 points rather than 18000 for the top clothes items and 9000 for the yooyu and paint brush!

image.png.16463c0232b4329995730723b53344ff.png

Congrats on the All Star Sacre!

I reached it on the weekend I believe. So after that I slowed down a bit. Still trying to get at least 20YYB games per day, but not gonna lie: now seeing the progress on level/shield makes my brain think there's no point lol

Lets see how it goes

5 minutes ago, anapm.agostini said:

Congrats on the All Star Sacre!

I reached it on the weekend I believe. So after that I slowed down a bit. Still trying to get at least 20YYB games per day, but not gonna lie: now seeing the progress on level/shield makes my brain think there's no point lol

Lets see how it goes

If it helps think of the prizes. That little yooyu from last year is worth 3.9 million neopoints alone...!!

I am always fully prepared to not be able to afford the decent prizes. xD I'll have enough for the stamp, and hopefully all the books. Once we know what IS a book... AC prizes tend to get tricksy with regards to reading material don't they! Something either hides the fact that it's a book, or you think it is one but it's actually a school item. >8[

i hit All Star. I usually hit All Star but i feel like this is the most effort i've put into an Altador Cup in some time....played almost 6300 games so far.

Screenshot (81).png

16 hours ago, jellysundae said:

I am always fully prepared to not be able to afford the decent prizes. xD I'll have enough for the stamp, and hopefully all the books. Once we know what IS a book... AC prizes tend to get tricksy with regards to reading material don't they! Something either hides the fact that it's a book, or you think it is one but it's actually a school item. >8[

Again, working from last years prizes you'll need about 7500 points for that - aim for 8000 for safety! You can get that by hitting All-Star safely!

5 hours ago, AgJu said:

i hit All Star. I usually hit All Star but i feel like this is the most effort i've put into an Altador Cup in some time....played almost 6300 games so far.

Congratulations! I'm at nearly 4000 games total so far!

5 hours ago, Secre said:

Again, working from last years prizes you'll need about 7500 points for that - aim for 8000 for safety! You can get that by hitting All-Star safely!

I'm curious, how do you calculate your points?

Asking because, according to this petpage, someone in all star should have 8800 points.

16 hours ago, anapm.agostini said:

I'm curious, how do you calculate your points?

Asking because, according to this petpage, someone in all star should have 8800 points.

You're right - I got 9000 and 8000 confused in my head when typing. Trying to do two things at once is never a good idea! I did calculate it correctly mind you, just typed it wrong. 12 points per YYB game, 6 per SS and 1 for MSN and SOSD.

Looking at last years prizes the stamp was 4000 and the the two books in the higher category were 2500 and 1000 each; I had also missed the cheap book at 80 points. So you'd need 7630 points for them all. 

1 hour ago, Secre said:

You're right - I got 9000 and 8000 confused in my head when typing. Trying to do two things at once is never a good idea! I did calculate it correctly mind you, just typed it wrong. 12 points per YYB game, 6 per SS and 1 for MSN and SOSD.

Looking at last years prizes the stamp was 4000 and the the two books in the higher category were 2500 and 1000 each; I had also missed the cheap book at 80 points. So you'd need 7630 points for them all. 

lol it's okay!

then it should mean that everyone with all star would be able to get them. 

still gonna make an effort to gather up some more points, because with TNT you never know.....

2 hours ago, anapm.agostini said:

lol it's okay!

then it should mean that everyone with all star would be able to get them. 

still gonna make an effort to gather up some more points, because with TNT you never know.....

Yep, my problem is going to be that the yooyu is the prize I've set my heart on this year! I mean, in reality I've fallen in love with the Robot Yooyu and the Tyrannian Yooyu, but the price of them is prohibitive to say the least!! It'll be just my luck that they don't release one this year as well!!

I'm at about 10,500 points so far - ignore my counter, I remember to update it eventually! - so I need another 6000 points or so to get the yooyu, stamps and books... I'll either have to play a weekend or two, or I'll have to set my hopes lower!!

And of course, I am basing this all of last year. They could decide to be evil and double the required points or something. I wouldn't past it to throw in a curve ball or two. 

i'm really hoping that sticking to my regimen will be enough for the paint brush, even if its a paint brush i don't want (like another Tyrannian one). If its not, and i would've had to have played MORE games? I dunno if i wanna do that lol

Congrats to the new All-stars! XD I hit Rank 11 tonight! LOL :P  Funny story though, my 3rd game tonight was my 3rd score of 17-0 this year, on top of which I got double the 1000np thanks to my Space Faerie Charm.  lol Just a fun little random, coincidental happenings tonight. ;D

Managed 28 games before midnight NST. I don't know how people have time to max out on one, letalone most of the AC games each day. LOL Congrats again guys on reaching All-star! XD

5 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

Congrats to the new All-stars! XD I hit Rank 11 tonight! LOL :P  Funny story though, my 3rd game tonight was my 3rd score of 17-0 this year, on top of which I got double the 1000np thanks to my Space Faerie Charm.  lol Just a fun little random, coincidental happenings tonight. ;D

Managed 28 games before midnight NST. I don't know how people have time to max out on one, letalone most of the AC games each day. LOL Congrats again guys on reaching All-star! XD

one year (AC9), just to see if i could, i manually quad-maxed every single day including break days. It CAN be done, but it takes a great deal of insanity. lol

Theoretically, it should be easier these days since they've brought down the daily limits a great deal, but i've heard that you can no longer double up (playing a few games of SOSD or MSN while waiting on SS or YYB) and i haven't tested how much of an obstacle the recaptchas could be. I reeeeeeaallllyy don't plan on quad-maxing again anytime soon, if ever.

10 hours ago, AgJu said:

i'm really hoping that sticking to my regimen will be enough for the paint brush, even if its a paint brush i don't want (like another Tyrannian one). If its not, and i would've had to have played MORE games? I dunno if i wanna do that lol

Last year the paint brush was 9000 points, so with a handful of games over and above All-Star you should be there if they stick with the same prize points.

7 hours ago, Aquamentis12 said:

I've managed to max out YYB and SOSD most days, although today is the first weekend I've played. I'm usually done by 5-6pm my time (9-10am NST) and I've play throughout the day whenever I don't have to get any work done. I've taken weekends off up til now though as the burnout is real!

2 hours ago, AgJu said:

one year (AC9), just to see if i could, i manually quad-maxed every single day including break days. It CAN be done, but it takes a great deal of insanity. lol

Theoretically, it should be easier these days since they've brought down the daily limits a great deal, but i've heard that you can no longer double up (playing a few games of SOSD or MSN while waiting on SS or YYB) and i haven't tested how much of an obstacle the recaptchas could be. I reeeeeeaallllyy don't plan on quad-maxing again anytime soon, if ever.

Bleeding heck that must have taken a huge amount of effort, particularly as the caps were so much higher in years gone by!! I think my best was AC 5 with 1135 YYB games played. I took a full week off work for that as well!! 

Yeah, initially I was doing what I used to do and taking three games of SOSD whenever the Darigan ball came in but it was highlighted to me that TNT frown deeply on that kind of behaviour now! The RECaptchas are definitely an obstacle. I tend to max out the two without and then if I have time, play as many games of MSN as I can stand before I start getting checked after every game and my patience disappears into the ether. That tends to be about 60-70 games. 

11 hours ago, Secre said:

Last year the paint brush was 9000 points, so with a handful of games over and above All-Star you should be there if they stick with the same prize points.

I've managed to max out YYB and SOSD most days, although today is the first weekend I've played. I'm usually done by 5-6pm my time (9-10am NST) and I've play throughout the day whenever I don't have to get any work done. I've taken weekends off up til now though as the burnout is real!

Bleeding heck that must have taken a huge amount of effort, particularly as the caps were so much higher in years gone by!! I think my best was AC 5 with 1135 YYB games played. I took a full week off work for that as well!! 

Yeah, initially I was doing what I used to do and taking three games of SOSD whenever the Darigan ball came in but it was highlighted to me that TNT frown deeply on that kind of behaviour now! The RECaptchas are definitely an obstacle. I tend to max out the two without and then if I have time, play as many games of MSN as I can stand before I start getting checked after every game and my patience disappears into the ether. That tends to be about 60-70 games. 

yeah thats why i have no plans to do it again; it was an all-day everyday effort. I think i was able to get two paint brushes that year and i gave one of them away to someone on these boards. The year before, i went super-hard and got the Eventide paint brush prize and used it on my Aisha; i will never change her color after that. XD

Edit: i looked back at some of the past prize shops and the paint brush seems to fluctuate between 30k (for the rarer types like Eventide) and 9k (for the slightly more common Tyrannian brush and such). Reeeeeeallly hoping its not 30k this year cuz i am not on track for that lol

10 hours ago, AgJu said:

yeah thats why i have no plans to do it again; it was an all-day everyday effort. I think i was able to get two paint brushes that year and i gave one of them away to someone on these boards. The year before, i went super-hard and got the Eventide paint brush prize and used it on my Aisha; i will never change her color after that. XD

Edit: i looked back at some of the past prize shops and the paint brush seems to fluctuate between 30k (for the rarer types like Eventide) and 9k (for the slightly more common Tyrannian brush and such). Reeeeeeallly hoping its not 30k this year cuz i am not on track for that lol

Hah! Can’t blame you! I don’t think I’d want to change colour after knowing all the effort that was put in to get it!!

The prizes in general have decreased in points over the years, along I assume with the game caps. Those much higher points values seem to correlate to earlier years when the cap either didn’t exist or was in the hundreds or even thousands rather than this years 46.