Not going to test it, but just wondering

You know how the Wheel of misfortune has the possibility of causing your active pet to forget a book? If you land on that space and one of the Hidden Tower Grimoires are forgotten, do you lose the corresponding avatar you got for reading that book? I only spin it with a pet that has never read a book, just in case. 

Interesting... ?

Who knows? I mean I'd have thought not, but then... it IS the level of attention to detail that original TNT would have done. IF they'd thought of it.

Are you spinning the wheel to get the avatar?

oh wow, didn't know this was one of the possible outcomes. good question!

this is just a random guess but I'd say you still keep the ava, the reasoning being that you get it for reading the book, not remembering it... but I totally agree with @jellysundae, it's the kind of cruelty ingenuity TNT could be capable of :D 

I agree with alohadiscordia. 

They'd have to add a separate check to see if you had that specific avatar when the book gets "un-read" to remove it - and most of the time, like 99.9% of the time, that book isn't one of the hidden tower ones.  It would be super thorough if they programmed the wheel that way, but the payoff would be so rare.