What's your Darigan Yooyu strategy?

If I have a low score, I also just try to keep it on the side where I'm trying to score. 
If I have at least 2 more points than the other team, I just play some SOSD while I wait for someone to score. Might as well be doing something productive! And not stressing over that stupid ball.

I try to shoot it in there. It doesn't work all the time, of course.

Most of the time, if I keep the ball near their goal, I will let them "steal" the ball from me, and they end up scoring a goal for me. Hahaha! :thumbsup:

Unless it's close to the end of the game, I hit refresh and start a new game :shiftyeyes_anim:

If it is close to the end I just sit and watch it until it eventually ends up in a goal, any goal...I got no patience with the evil things ><

I try to keep the ball on my side and cozy up to the goal. Shooting it gently generally works better since it's easier to retrieve them. I stand towards the top side of the goal and hope it goes in on a low diagonal shot or a side shot!

Near the bottom of TDN's YYB guide, there is a tip for the dreaded Darigan.

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/yooyuball-guide/

Personally, I like to go along the bottom, and quickly reverse direction before I launch, to see if I can "trick" the Darigan into going the direction I want it to. Usually does NOT work. lol That being said, I also try to keep it on the opponent's side of the field, nearest the net. So if they steal the darigan yooyu, there's a chance they'll boot it into their goal for me! LOL

I still remember in the old version of YYB (where the pitch didn't scroll back and forth so you can see the entire field at once) the darigan yooyu was much more predictable, so there was actually a sweet spot you could shoot from and it would score it. I basically still play that way, only it hardly ever works lol. Then when it misses I just shoot from nearby willy-nilly.

I still remember in the old version of YYB (where the pitch didn't scroll back and forth so you can see the entire field at once) the darigan yooyu was much more predictable, so there was actually a sweet spot you could shoot from and it would score it. I basically still play that way, only it hardly ever works lol. Then when it misses I just shoot from nearby willy-nilly.

I remember it too! It was trickier in some ways then the current version of YYB. But yeah, the darigan I think were a bit more easily predictable back then. I like the current version a bit better. The graphics are nice and obviously took a bit of work for the little animations. I just wish they'd tighten up the controls a bit so they were more responsive. I stopped playing the AC from AC III through AC VI. Started up again in AC VII, man what a change from how things started. ;) There are still times when I think on the old version of the game. lol

I always bring it over to my opponents team and let them steal it and throw it until they score on themselves. It also helps to get the power-ups that increase the size of their net.

I stand and face as close to one corner as I can near my goal and shoot.  It usually goes along the back wall into the goal.  Usually!

I do this too.  It often bounces off of the walls, and sometimes go in the direction that I want and other times it bounces off of the wall and goes that direction.  But sometimes it bounces away.  

I try to shoot it in there. It doesn't work all the time, of course.

Most of the time, if I keep the ball near their goal, I will let them "steal" the ball from me, and they end up scoring a goal for me. Hahaha! :thumbsup:

Yes, this is a good strategy.  You always have to make sure when they steal the ball, it stays near their goal, otherwise they bring it over to your side and it ends up in your goal.  (Not that it has ever happened to me.  LOL)

I go up or down near the goal in hopes of having it go sideways:)

I play from right to left.  So when I on their side of the field I go from the bottom of the screen toward the top and when I get just past the goal I shoot because it always seems to go backwards on an angle.  When I go from the top of the screen to the bottom and shoot it always goes toward my goal.