I love the grey faerie!

Various

Congrats on your Fountain Faerie Reward! :D

If you're an avatar collector you could also consider painting a Buzz and adopting/pounding it out afterwards. :)

Congrats! Think about it for awhile and don't make a rushed decision. I was lucky enough to have a similar quest from the grey faerie and then be blessed by the fountain faerie (happened during the faerie quest special event). I was shocked but really happy for the rest of the day. I then spent about 2 weeks thinking about what I'd want to use it on. Things I took into consideration to make my decision were prices of morphing potions and paintbrushes, pet names, and overall look I was wanting to achieve. I finally chose my then blue xweetok, morphed her into a gelert and painted her stealthy. I love her new look! Again, just take your time and dream big! You get a free paint job!

The first time I got the Fountain Faerie, I thought long and hard about it. I wanted to paint my xweetok, but had to choose the right color. I went to the Rainbow Pool, and looked at all the colors for the xweetok. Then I found it...Island. I'm now the proud owner of an Island Xweetok.

There are a number of options you can choose. You could get a cheap morphing potion for a different species and then paint that one for instance. It took me a while to decide on maractite because i had JUST gotten another FFQ and gotten my lupe lost desert. You're in no rush unless you get another grey faerie and think it might turn into an FFQ. Or you land on an FFQ off the bat. Take your time. :)

So I've been playing on and off for 10 years. Have always dreamt of getting a FFQ. Never got a fountain faerie quest despite spending quite a lot of NC on cookies (well, quite a lot of NC for me. About half of all the NC I've ever brought). Gave up on cookies until I saw the faerie event earlier this year and brought two cookies when they were on sale. Did the daily faerie quests plus the cookie quests and never got a grey faerie or a FFQ. Didn't bother opening my second cookie.

Just saw the second cookie in my SDB and opened it. Got the grey faerie asking for an 800np item. Did it and....

You've done so much for me. Thank you, from the bottom of my sad little heart.
I have no magic of my own to reward you with, so I'm asking for help from another faerie.
Rainbow Fountain Faerie, come and bestow your blessing upon this Neopian! I cannot abide a debt that is not paid.
She will allow you to take a dip in the Rainbow Fountain!

I may have screamed.

I am so happy right now. 10 years!

Now I've just got to decide what to use it for. I suppose I really should finally get my Krawk his grey or I could morph and change my lab rat to one of my dream pets and send her to a side, or create a new pet or I don't know. I honestly never thought I'd get a chance to ever use the rainbow fountain that now I can't decide!

Sorry, I just had to share this!

That is soooooo great!!!! I had never even heard of a FFQ until this forum, and after being on neopets for 7 yrs, had never gotten one. but lo and behold, after winning the battle of the obelisk, I chose the faerie quest refresh option. I refreshed one of my faerie quests, and bam, there it was! A FFQ!! I gave her the 2,500.00 np item she asked for and let my reward sit as I couldn't decide what to paint my pet. Then, to my surprise, I got another FFQ! while I still had the current one waiting!! Such a dilemma right??? So, I had to paint my pet, to use up my reward, BEFORE giving her the other item, otherwise I would lose one reward. So, I chose a plushie poogle, which I absolutely love. and had my second reward waiting. Then, yep, I was in disbelief when I received my THIRD FFQ!!!! LOL. So again, I had to decide what to paint my pet or lose the reward. I painted my Acara desert, and now I have my 3 reward still waiting.

So, in my round about way of telling you, get the item for the faerie, give it to her, then you can decide what reward you would like at any time in the future. Unless you get another FFQ, you have no worries. If you have any questions, you can PM me anytime. Good luck.

Congrats!!! I've been on NeoPets for 13 years (14 in November) and still no FFQ or Grey Faerie quest on my main or ANY side I had made since then. My RNG is terribad >.<

Nice! The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago.
I'm an avatar collector, so I used a Buzz Transmogrification Potion on my lab rat pet, then had him painted grey at the Rainbow Pool.
Ended up with three shiny new avatars in one day.
Let us know what you pick!

I've been playing for almost 10 years myself, and finally got a FFQ! I understand your shout-out, lol. Congrats!

Congrats on the FFQ :laughingsmiley: How exciting for you!!!!!!

I still have yet to be so lucky. I actually was able to get a couple of grey faerie quests during the daily faerie quest event-thing, but i was awarded with stat increases. Figures that would happen to me :sad01_anim: :P

Congratulations! I was in the same boat as you, until the grey faerie gave me a quest during the event and I received a dip in the pool as a reward. I now have a faerie Grarrl! :D

Awesome! I'm so happy for you. I got a Fountain Faerie quest and am now the proud owner of a shadow lupe! Amazing for only 800 np my quest cost me nearly 100k np so double congrats from me!

OMG!!! I just got my first FFQ after 11 years. I love the faerie called Grey too. While I love my Gelerts stealthy and my Lutari island. I do want that Buzzing avatar, may take another decade to have another chance.

"I have no magic of my own to reward you with, so I'm asking for help from another faerie.
Rainbow Fountain Faerie, come and bestow your blessing upon this Neopian! I cannot abide a debt that is not paid.
She will allow you to take a dip in the Rainbow Fountain!"

Just did my quest today. Item was a Buzzer that I had in my SDB.

O. M. G.

You have completed a quest for a Grey Faerie.
grey-faerie-1-1.jpg
You've done so much for me. Thank you, from the bottom of my sad little heart.

I have no magic of my own to reward you with, so I'm asking for help from another faerie.

She will allow you to take a dip in the Rainbow Fountain!
*completely forgets that they're an adult and runs screaming around the room* :dance:
Now the question is whether to get the buzz avatar although I'm not an avatar collector and I never go on the boards, so what's the point?
Or do I get my new Cybunny, that's current on my side account, painted Eventide or Water (her name means moon tears). (The new Cybunny on my main is going camouflage when I can get around to it) Or do I create a whole new pet?
Too many choices! :happydance:

• 4 months later...

Wow congrats I am still waiting for my first FFQ or reward. Side question: Can someone buy crafting faerie quest items for someone else who doesn't have nc if they have gift boxes? I got a crafting faerie quest today and I don't have nc or money for nc, but my sister has nc and a gift box.