What is Rich Now Poll

spencerkatty

What is rich now-a-days?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How much liquid (bank, on-hand, shop till) NP do you have?

• Under 100,000 NP
    • 100,000 - 1 Mil NP
    • 1 - 5 Mil NP
    • 5 -10 Mil NP
    • 10 - 25 Mil NP
    • 25 - 50 Mil NP
    • 50 - 100 Mil NP
    • 100 - 250 Mil NP
    • Over 250 Mil NP
  2. 2. How much NP do you have Liquid and invested (stocks, SDB, training, gallery, etc.)?

• Under 100,000 NP
    • 100,000 - 1 Mil NP
    • 1 - 5 Mil NP
    • 5 -10 Mil NP
    • 10 - 25 Mil NP
    • 25 - 50 Mil NP
    • 50 - 100 Mil NP
    • 100 - 250 Mil NP
    • Over 250 Mil NP

On that note, though, someone with 1mil would find someone with my amount of money as being rich whereas to someone with 250k, 1mil is rich.

It's all perspective, really. I'm comfortable, and I actually have a lot for someone who doesn't do much on the site anymore. If I had stayed consistent, I probably would have 100s of millions if I worked at it.

Yeah, what matters when it comes to defining who is rich whether you measure by "compared to other people" or "compared to prices". (And then how exactly you measure it, but those are the two different categories of measuring.

"Compared to other people" can be as simple as "being in the top 2%", or more complicated like "having x times the (mean) average in savings" or even "having x times the modal in savings" or "having x times the median in savings" or ridiculously complicated like "having x times the mean average/modal/median in freely spendable ("not used for daily upkeep, rent, etc.") money.

"Compared to prices can be "having enough money to live comfortable on savings for x amount of time" (with various definitions of comfortable, and with or without things like mortgages included), "having a yearly income that would allow you to live comfortable for x amount of time (larger than a year)", (again with various definitions of comfortable, etc.)

So basically, yes, it's a matter of perspective and of which "rules" (definition set and measuring) you play by.

Guest JussttBre

I have a little bit under 5 million in the bank. I don't consider myself rich, I do think that I have a comfortable amount. Once I reach 10 million and up immediately available in bank, that'll be more like the beginnings of being NP rich for me. The fact that I have to think before purchasing shows that I am not there yet.

To me rich is having so much of an abundance that you can spend whatever you need, whenever you want.

I have like 73.000 NP (bank+hand), I used to make more than 10.000 NP everyday without effort, but since Adver-video, Habitarium & Key Quest are gone, I have it hard if I don't put some work on it. I have over 1 million invested in stocks, and I have no idea how much in my gallery, stamps, avatars, etc... I have invested in my shop too, but I must admit I'm not good at it, I barely sell something lately. I don't spend on training my pet, I only use the codestones I win. I most definitely not consider myself rich. I made 2 millions once, for the paintbrush for my pet. I must admit that when I focus on an specific item I can save quite quickly, like when I bought the Secret Laboratory Map, one day I got in my head that I wanted it, and I quickly did, but there is too much I want to buy, so I usually don't focus on anything. I will consider myself rich when I don't have much that I want to buy, and I either save or gift others.

I used to have 80m in bank + 5m in sdb + 18m in battle pet + 10m in stock So 110m total.

Then charity corner comes. I sold all the ex-cheap items got around 10m, I think, and turn around and buy a bunch of ex-expensive stamps. So now I have 20k in bank + 150m stamps in sdb + a few million in album. The rest are the same.

I will considered myself rich when I have a stamp avatar.

I think, 10 mil is "Wealthy", because that's when you can upgrade your neo-bank account for the last time. I view "wealthy" and "Rich" as having interchangeable different meanings. Wealthy would be Wealthy by comparison, but as we know there is always someone with more. I've known of people who mainly get their NP from RSing, and this was YEARS ago. They could make several million PER month, or so they claimed. Add that up and in 1 year, they'd have almost 100mil, after ONE year! I'm TERRIBLE at restocking. lol Now, I'm a gamer mainly, and I attempt the site-event plots when I'm around. I would have to game for YEARS to reach 100mil After all these years, with collecting Peophin Items and training costs, I'm nowhere near 100mil. lol Those who not only are ahead of the wealthy, those who are able to CONTINUE to amass NP, so that they can buy just about anything they want, THOSE I would consider "rich". Where cost doesn't matter, and they don't second-guess making an offer or a purchase, worrying about how much NP they'd have left after a large transaction. I've got a little nestegg of NP, but it's not enough to retire from gaming on. LOL Nor is it enough to get the items I'd like for my collection, or improving my moderate battle-set.

yeah, I know there are. But they are in the top 1%. We're talking about what could put you in the top 10% or 20% np wise. And what you personally think is rich. It's very weird how some people don't think they are rich even if they have millions. But that's capitalism for ya, I guess?

I feel like I'm rich but not rich enough. Because there are things I want but I have a fear of spending but that's me.

I had about 400 m on my last account so I guess I could have been considered rich but not rich enough xD

But Ii knew many people who had a lot more

I just recently made it to almost 50 million thanks to the charity corner event. Maybe it's just the afterglow, but I finally feel like I'm at least wealthy. I feel like there's different levels of "richness", rich, very rich, and filthy stinkin' rich (over 250 mill :P )... That last one is the one I'm aiming for now :)

See I'm such a casual player now that I'm older that I am happy with what I have cause I worked my butt off for a while to get it all.

Once I hit 10mil I'll be even more content cause I'll know I got it without a lot of effort but managed anyways. If I really wanted to, I could probably get double or triple in a few months or so. lol

I'm just shy of 1.5 mil in actual liquid NP, but if you were to tally my investments and assets.... between the large number of pets I've painted, avvies I've put NP into, some training, various items.... If you take into account the time when I bought things (I bought a Meepit back when they were going for 1.5 mil, for example, long before TNT gave one to everybody and the price plummeted)... I'd put my overall worth at around 5 mil, maybe 6 or 7 if we count the NP value of some of the things I've zapped into. Not a lot, overall, but not bad really. I've gotten a lot of things by luck or buying them at good times.

Gosh, I'm not rich at all then! I'm still working towards my first million in the bank, I have a couple of painted pets but they're pretty cheap paintbrushes, I'm pretty new to the stock market, so not much invested there yet, my pets are all low level in the battledome and with inexpensive weapons, only cheap stuff in my albums and, although Kid_A is helping me flesh out my gallery, compared to a lot of other people's galleries, it's not very big and the stuff in it is not very expensive (although it feels big every time I have to pay for a size upgrade!). So... I'm probably worth just over a million? I definitely don't feel rich, except when I compare myself to my daughter who has very little in the way of anything (she's been playing just over a year and is a very casual player who spends all her points on pretty things for customising her pets, rather than feeding them!) Then I feel wealthy.

I actually forgot about my painting, map pieces, and other things so I'm more worth like 12mil if I take everything into account. The thing is, I've been playing so long I've forgotten a lot of what I've bought and done. Tho I did say earlier that if I had kept on track I'd probably have twice what I have now, even with spending on this or that.

I have about 320 to 370 Np I think. Most of it comes from savings since I don't go out and buy much often or if I do I play games to make up for the spent neopoints. The items in my shop aren't very rare but items I got from dailies or something from another player's shop that was low in price. I can consider myself rich since I feel like I have enough for most objects in shops in the towns but on when other player's shops are included and hard to find collectibles I would say middle class. 700,000 NP and up is rich to me but it seems 1 mil is rich or maybe average since it seems a wide amount of people have that amount.

I have approx 2.8 mil and I feel poor, LOL. I usually put everything in the bank, but been spending money on books for my Poogle, Bisbee to read.

I don't invest in the stocks. I probably should, so I can get the avie :)

I used to make a lot between Habi and food club, but now i am hovering at about 5 mil (I had 8 mil, but bought a paintbrush).....

Not making much more. Food club has been pretty negative lately. I need a new source of income!

And I don't in the slightest feel rich. xD

Wow, I'm not rich at all xD I always find ways to spend those nps, especially with that Charity Corner event, yeesh. It robbed my bank dry. I'm trying to save up now, also getting that Adam avatar along the way!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I have a little over 14.5 mil in the bank, and 2 mil++ in stocks, but I also don't feel rich at all!!!

My goal is to have RammerJammer12 read ALL of the books in Neopia (which seemed like a fun goal at the time I made it...) and I haven't even had time to get him to read all of the reasonably priced books. But there are some that are hundreds of mil!! So, until that goal is reachable, I probably will never feel rich... AND I hate spending money in real life (and NP in Neopia), so I'm a hoarder with my money and almost always refuse to spend it. Unless I can come up with a good reason. Finally bought a bag of peanuts the other day to get the avvie, and it hurt me to spend over 100k on something. I prefer to be the one selling expensive things.

I'm currently also saving up for the 10M. Just a couple of mil to go :). I don't really consider 10m rich though.

Sometimes you read about people with more than 100m, that puts it into perspective for me ;).

Well, I have a little over 14.5 mil in the bank, and 2 mil++ in stocks, but I also don't feel rich at all!!!

My goal is to have RammerJammer12 read ALL of the books in Neopia (which seemed like a fun goal at the time I made it...) and I haven't even had time to get him to read all of the reasonably priced books. But there are some that are hundreds of mil!! So, until that goal is reachable, I probably will never feel rich... AND I hate spending money in real life (and NP in Neopia), so I'm a hoarder with my money and almost always refuse to spend it. Unless I can come up with a good reason. Finally bought a bag of peanuts the other day to get the avvie, and it hurt me to spend over 100k on something. I prefer to be the one selling expensive things.

I totally agree with you! :D.

I'm also trying to read Quirania all the books, but it's more of a secondary goal at the moment. Also, I really don't like spending large amounts of money most of the time :P. I do sometimes go on a massive shopping spree though.

• 1 month later...

I definitely wouldn't call myself rich, but I do have a lot of np invested in stocks, training and my gallery. I've never had more than 15million in the bank (and that took FOREVER to save up). I definitely think I'd be considered 'above average', but maybe not compared with others whose accounts are as old as mine. I don't think I'll consider myself rich until I can afford the 45, 65, 100 million np items I need for my gallery without saving months for just one. So maybe the comment about billionaires being rich now is truth

I'm definitely not rich, but then my account's only 120 days old. But in that short time I've got 1.5 mil in the bank and 200k+ of investments. I got to a million in the bank way sooner than I'd expected, got to say, so it doesn't surprise me that people out there are Neo-billionaires.