Games Master Challenge 2014 Begins!

hrtbrk

Hated Space Fungus before, hated it now. I got so frustrated I nearly gave up but gave it a second chance which just happened to get me the right score.

Bumble Beams is fun but frustrating.

Looking forward to the next games. May update this post about my experience.

Does anyone else feel like TNT phoned it in with this year's GMC? I'm not talking about how easy the scores are, since they're usually not too difficult to get for GMC. I mean that in year's past we've had increasing number of challenges that require increasing playing time, but this year we don't. I feel like TNT realized they promised a GMC and threw together a "two-challenges-a-day" event. It might be because they're busy, but I have to say I'm disappointed.

Shane, there's a video on Youtube that shows someone playing the Bruno game. If you search for Neopets Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway video, you'll find it.

I would open the video in one screen and the game in the other, putting them side by side. I'd play the video to see what they did, pause it, do that part on my game, paused and repeat.

Nah I suck at that. I got the score like right after I posted. I don't do well with video playthroughs, never really have. Using the extra life code helped a lot.

Thank you though. :)

(Only got like 1150 so no big NP prize for me but hey at least I did it now watch them really make me sad on the last day. I'm hoping they have sutek's tomb for the last one, I'm good at that one)

Well...I've tried and tried at Bruno's and I'm not quite getting the score I need. I've gotten up to 860 which means I've been able to start the level that I need to finish in order to get the proper score, but I just didn't make it through. I've only gotten there once, but I had no lives left by the time I got there so it only took 1 guy to knock me out. Playing this again reminds me that it would be good to go for a trophy on this game.

I think I'll try Bruno's again this evening and print out the JellyNeo maps of each level so I don't run around too long trying to find all the vials. I might also try the video idea mentioned by Spritizie.

NOOOOOO. I accidentally sent my score for the third time before I got a high enough score on Top Chop :(

You can still complete the challenge, you just won't get the trophy for release date completion. Tho I thought the submits were raised to 5 for GMC (it's been a while so I'm probably confused or using old info) or something but either way you can wait until 12am NST to try again.

Ugh, why did it have to be Top Chop?! I hate this game! I can only get to 500 points. And the other game I've never even played before... I've gotten all the prizes so far, but I guess that ends now... :ohno:

I decided to give Bruno's Backwoods Breakaway one more shot before we hit the road home from the relatives and I got the required score! On the last level I deposited the vials with one still missing, but it was enough to get the score :) After I finished sending my score I watched the video, so I do think I'm going to try for the trophy over Christmas break.

Day Six: Complete!

Wow, Top Chop is one of those games I play everyday and just send the scores no matter how low the score is. I finished it today and then went to GMC and realized it was a game. I assumed it was like Daily Dare where you could resend as many times as you like (without NP rewarded after 3rd try), but even after scoring above 1,000, it wouldn't send. It just shows the usual "Play again tomorrow" message. Ugh =/

I'd played Top Chop before and I usually do really badly, but I just stuck with it today and it didn't take too long to get the required score. I'd never played BBB before though, but once I'd played it through a few times to just work out the gameplay, I didn't find it that hard to get the score. It was actually kinda fun. Might have to revisit that one again as well.

Stupid Moffit sitting on the slab when the bar is moving slowly!

You gosh darn fudging jumpy green thing, stop jumping into my Bruno!

I got both scores. But also got some raging done because of it.

Since this is my first Games Master Challenge, I have heard some things but I have no idea how to receive them.

I have been made aware that you can receive prizes from completing the challenges.. yet, I have received no prize. What exactly am I doing wrong?

Day 1, 2, 4 were done not on the day they were given out.

Day 3 and 5 were done the day of.

If anyone could offer me some reasoning behind this, I would really appreciate it.

You'll need to click the blue prize box that was grey before to get your prizes. They aren't awarded right away after completing the challenges so you have to collect them.

Bruno's is a game I don't necessarily mind, but I don't like investing the time in it. Got the score without much trouble once I stopped attempting to rush through it. I gotta tell you though, Top Chop is the most difficult thing in the world with a busted space bar. I got it. But it took far too long.