Anyone got any advice?

CherryGrass

I'm really poor atm on Neopets. I have about 150 NP.

I do the dailies every single day (sometimes more if they're hourly etc) and I restock my shop often...but nobody seems to buy very much from me.

I'm not really sure how to earn more money. I've been doing games, but I'm not very good at them and I never get very much at all (only like 60 NP and stuff).

Basically just wondering if anyone can help? I'm sure everyone has been Neopointless at some point so hopefully you guys have some good advice for me.

Thanks in advance :)

My main source of income is the Trading post. I find that most people that use it are looking to quicksell and most of the time I get lucky enough to buy lots for a few hundred and sometimes a few thousand less than what its worth and then just resell in my shop. I usually go for the codestones and dubloons. I would definitely do some research and learn what things are worth that way you will be able to know off hand what to offer and what to skip :)

I have been playing Neopets for almost 9 years now, and I really stink at the games...BUT, if I play some games every day, I get NP's. That's how I make my income daily.

I put everything I "earn" into the bank, and collect interest on that.

Seriously, play the games. Even try the Featured game, which you get 2x the NP's. I play those too, even though I may not like that particular game, but I want the NP! You will get some favorites, and want to play them every day! Try Papiko, Sophie's Stew, or Spinacles. Hasse Bounce or Super Bounce are good too!

I only made 1,000 NP doing the dailies today. Sometimes you can do well, sometimes not.

Don't worry! You are very new! You'll get some NP's in no time!

Like hrtbrk said selling codestones is easy money you can get a couple of thousand neopoints for the normal ones. Also there's a game called Fashion Fever where you can send the score as soon as it loads which gives you an easy 300 neopoints per game. Keyquest is another way to get codestones but it can often be low and some computers can't run it well.

Thank you all so much :) I guess it will just take lots of time! I'll try out all the games...I'm not so good at the battledome though D: I always lose...not really sure how to play it very well (though I did look at the battlepedia, it didn't make much sense to me!).

Games: http://www.neopets.com/~blackbusterbori are what I play to make at least 10k NP per day.

Battledome: Koi Warrior for (relatively) many codestones. Average ~20k NP per day through 15 items and 1,500 daily NP.

Fight Chia Clown while training until your pet is strong enough for Koi Warrior

Shop stocking: I price things at the lowest on the Wiz (refreshing a few times to check most groups) and sell quickly.

When you have the NP to do so:

Stock Market: Invest 15k per day, sell when NP/share > 45. Average ~10k per day (After building a good portfolio)

Just keep it up every day and you'll be a millionaire in no (well, a little) time.

Consider this: if you save just 3,000 a day, you will have 365 x 3,000 = more than 1,000,000 NP in just a year! Here are 3 quick and simple games I play even when I don't have time for the longer games.

1. Spellseeker pays 1,000 if you reach 100,000 points. Each game takes about 5 minutes. The key is to use the gold tiles to form chains. Pretty easy. 3 x a day = 3,000.

2. Fashion Fever 300 x 3 games a day = 900 a day. Use the random setting to save time. Just a few clicks.

3. Catch the Petpet No skill involved, just quickly click on the right petpet. 3 games x about 400+ = almost 1500 a day.

Together these make you over 5,000 a day in about the time one or two longer skilled games might take to earn much less. Also, you can try your hand at grabbing items from the Money Tree and the Second-hand Shoppe (Thriftshoppe). Learn which items are worth something and which are junk. Luck and timing are involved, and it can be very time consuming, but I've found a lot of valuable things from these over the years. Also, the more you refresh those pages, the more random events you get, which usually means more free codestones and such. Good luck!

I love the battledome for making nps! I battle the Kreludan Defender Robot every day

everyone ha given some pretty great advice. Just make sure you're doing all the dailies, the crossword puzzle and daily trivia question included. The forgotten shore is one of my favorite dailies! If you don't have the map I can give a full map piece set to you, I have a ton laying around in my SDB! Just for getting all the pieces together you get 10,000 or so nps :)

Once you get more money I would definitely recommend investing in the stock market and maybe food club if you feel comfortable :)

The first few weeks of your time on np are usually kind of slow, but you're lucky to have joined after the Neopocalypse! Do you have the forgotten shore map?

If not I have a full one I'll give ya, you just check it everyday you can get 2000-10000np a week!

I'm like you, have no clue when it comes to the Battledome, although I'm slowly getting myself educated on it and am thinking of taking the plunge in the near future.

I did notice that your shop is already a size 16. That takes a lot of money to do, all those upgrades. I'm not criticising, or trying to tell you what to do with your money but maybe hold off on expanding your shop for a while? You've got plenty of space right now to get a good variety of items in and, for me, that's half of the fun of neopets. I may not make a huge amount of money from my shop; others might say that I would be better off spending my time doing other things on neopets to make money but I really enjoy playing around with my shop and finding items to put in it to sell and then finding out where in the market I can place myself to make a profit but not price myself out of the market.

When it comes to games, I love puzzles. Kiko Match II is dead easy, if you've got good memory skills. Snot Splatter and Chemistry for Beginners are fun if you're that way inclined (ie like thinking logically or have a science type bent). I never get very rich playing Sutek's Tomb but it's not a difficult game, just match up three symbols. If you find games you enjoy playing, you're more inclined to play them every day which will help you to get better at them as well as solidly building up your points. Sounds obvious but many simple truths are. There are lots of games I'm absolutely lousy at, so I tend not to bother with them. It's the ones I enjoy playing that are where I make my money. Find your niche, find the games that make you happy, then play, play, play!

Over about 4 months I have earned over 500,000 with the battledome and the codestones I get from there. I've gotten lucky a handful of times and gotten armoured neggs too. You mentioned that at the moment you only had about 150np, make sure you play games like fashion fever (300np per play regardless of skill because all you're doing is playing dress up) and adver-video, though that has been glitchy for me lately. Buy some ultranovas, some battle muffins (I like darigan muffins and stone muffins, they are cheap and effective) and virtupets x-514 super shield. This is how I started in the battledome and it's decently effective for beginners, be sure you start with an easy opponent like the chia clown, and stay away from punchbag bob (total waste of time and takes forever).

If you want more battledome advice, feel free to neofriend me and I will help. I also have a few items I would donate :)

Also, when you check the shop wizard to set prices in your shop make sure you refresh the page more than once, don't just go with the first prices that pop up. I always refresh at least 3 times (5 or 6 times for expensive items) and find the lowest price and price it at least 10-20np lower. That's the best way to move items and make fast np.

I rarely play the games, I just get so bored with them after a few minutes so don't feel bad.

if you havent trained much, you should still be able to beat chia clown or mr chuckles even with a basic weapon set. cursed elixar for healing, battle cards, battle dome muffins / snowballs, scroll of the fool x2 should be a cheap investment and a good item to beat challengers. or scroll of the scholar x2 is more powerful and a great investment since the price will rise later since it was a plot or event prize so you can resell when it is time to update battledome set.

and if things arent selling, it is either not in high demand or you are not quite the cheapest on the shop wiz.. recheck prices daily, or just lower until they sell is what i do.

i just went and bought a few things from your shop, smiles a lot. hope it helps a little bit.

You can find snowballs and battle muffins for free at The Money Tree. You can take up to 10 items a day, so I sit in there and refresh. Sometimes you'll get lucky and find codestones or dubloons, faeries or neocola tokens and other stuff. A lot of people don't want to bother putting items less than 500 NP in their shop. But if you collect ten items per day from the Money Tree, which costs you nothing and you tell them for 100 nps or whatever they are worth that's 100+ NP that you got for free. Not a bad deal.

Ridiculously Heavy Battle Hammer is a cheap BD weapon & Parasol of Unfortunate Demise is also good for a defence weapon and both are cheap thanks to being given away in the dailies. You might happen upon one for free! You'll earn 10.5K a week just in pure NP from battling, plus what NP you earn from selling the items.

Games: http://www.neopets.com/~blackbusterbori are what I play to make at least 10k NP per day.

Battledome: Koi Warrior for (relatively) many codestones. Average ~20k NP per day through 15 items and 1,500 daily NP.

Fight Chia Clown while training until your pet is strong enough for Koi Warrior

Shop stocking: I price things at the lowest on the Wiz (refreshing a few times to check most groups) and sell quickly.

When you have the NP to do so:

Stock Market: Invest 15k per day, sell when NP/share > 45. Average ~10k per day (After building a good portfolio)

Just keep it up every day and you'll be a millionaire in no (well, a little) time.

I don't recommend the stock market to newbies because 15k a day when you don't get back your investment for a long time is not worth while to them. First they'd have to make the 15k in order to invest it. Second, they don't get back any of their investment quick enough to be able to do it continuously.

Also it is misleading when you say you'll get 20k NP through the 15 items. That's if they get any red codestones besides Mag (right now it's only worth 8k). Regular codestones they would need to get at least 4 to make that. I've been doing my own research battling Koi Warrior and other BD opponents for a week straight and have found that on average I get no more than 4 codestones and sometimes as little as just one and rarely get more than 2 red codestones. I get the occassional negg but they are rare.

Consider this: if you save just 3,000 a day, you will have 365 x 3,000 = more than 1,000,000 NP in just a year! Here are 3 quick and simple games I play even when I don't have time for the longer games.

1. Spellseeker pays 1,000 if you reach 100,000 points. Each game takes about 5 minutes. The key is to use the gold tiles to form chains. Pretty easy. 3 x a day = 3,000.

2. Fashion Fever 300 x 3 games a day = 900 a day. Use the random setting to save time. Just a few clicks.

3. Catch the Petpet No skill involved, just quickly click on the right petpet. 3 games x about 400+ = almost 1500 a day.

Together these make you over 5,000 a day in about the time one or two longer skilled games might take to earn much less. Also, you can try your hand at grabbing items from the Money Tree and the Second-hand Shoppe (Thriftshoppe). Learn which items are worth something and which are junk. Luck and timing are involved, and it can be very time consuming, but I've found a lot of valuable things from these over the years. Also, the more you refresh those pages, the more random events you get, which usually means more free codestones and such. Good luck!

I think they want to make more than 1 mil in a year, especially since most do it in less than a month.

You said you're not good at the games and I have to tell you, I stink at them. There are a lot of games that require little to no skill.

Adver-video simply requests that you watch ads (which no longer work) and then spin a wheel giving out free NP. You can do this 5 times. Some people claim that it doesn't work for them but there is a link in the TDN Dailies page. Try it out.

Fashion Fever as someone suggested is super simple and you can earn 900NP from it.

I play Hasee Bounce, Bullseye (which is a terrible game to play but I like the challenge), Gummy Dice (3D tetris anyone?), Sutek's tomb and meerca chase. I earn maybe 5k from them and it takes me about a half hour to play them. Then if I have time Snowmuncher, Whack-a-kass and a few others I like. But I don't depend on them heavily and only if I'm bored because it's not fun to play games you're not good at even if you are trying to make a ton of NP. Not everyone has hours to devote to Neopets and playing any amount of games where you'd make money takes at least 2-3 hours of just games.

Making NP requires lots of time and basically zero spending. Set a goal and work towards it. If your goal is to make 10k a day, then go for it. But set a goal that is reasonable and stick to it. If you don't meet your goal one day, add it onto the next day's work so you don't get behind.

I also highly recommend not training your pet if you're saving for something. Codestones and dubloons cost a bit after a while and if you're using them yourself and not selling them then you are technically losing money.

When your account gets older and you've got some money saved a nice way to make money is Food Club. The older your account is the more you can bet but the other side is that it is more to lose. I bet 100k per day because of my accounts age but when I win it's always 100-500k+ and then some days I don't win anything but lose what I bet. Its definitely a gamble but some times it is worth it.

I think they want to make more than 1 mil in a year, especially since most do it in less than a month.

I know, I was suggesting that to CherryGrass, since she said she had only 150 NP. I figured she wanted to start small and build up.

So it sounds like the Battledome is the place to go to make your money? Maybe I'll have to fast track my research. I just find when I try to read things about the Battledome, it's like everyone is speaking gobbledygook. They speak in a kind of short hand that I don't understand.

Like this:

I have no idea what that second sentence means. Does it cost np to go into the Battledome? Is that where the 1500np comes in? Can you only win 15 items? Maybe I'm asking dumb questions but I really don't understand what that means.

I also wanted to say that Adver-video is glitchy for me too. Some days I get as many as four of the lots of points I've won actually added to my total, but more often it's about two of them. Still, it's easy money for doing very little.

Welcome to Neopets! The site has grown so much, it must be hugely overwhelming now (it already was when I joined 12 years ago).

Rather than give you very detailed suggestions and overwhelm you even more, here are a few basic guidelines:

• Try not to spend NP. There are a lot of things that cost money but are mostly for prestige and don't really help you make money (avatars, galleries, stamp album...). There are other things you can spend money on, but you don't need to (food -- instead use free omelette/free jelly/underwater fishing/movie central/healing springs -- but check prices before you feed anything and sell if it's worth more than a few NP!; clothes -- use the secondhand shoppe/money tree; toys -- use free ones from dailies if your pet gets unhappy; medicine -- use the healing springs, but also avoid things that give diseases). And then there are certain dailies that lose money, on average (Faerie Caverns, Wheel of Misfortune, I'm sure there are others... If you're not sure about a daily, ask -- especially if it costs NP! I know when I first started, someone told me to do Edna's quests, but that's also a NP-loser unless you get very lucky -- and you don't have the NP to lose). Even faerie quests may not be worth your NP (you get a faerie quest from a random event, and the faerie will give your pet statistics that can help them in the battledome) -- compare the price of the quest item to the cost of training a pet (in the swashbuckling academy on Krawk Island, as that's the cheapest training school for you), and turn down any faerie that asks for an item worth more than it would cost to train the pet. If you're not sure what a faerie quest is "worth," just ask for help here.
  • Save everything you make for now, in the bank. You'll have time to start chasing avatars, reading books, collecting things, expanding your shop, starting a gallery, training a good battle pet, getting into customization. But for now, you want to build a base and qualify for the higher bank interest (once you get it, you'll never lose it, and the highest rate is 12.5% per year). While I love the stock market and buy 15k shares of stocks a day, I wouldn't recommend that to anyone until they have ~150,000 NP in the bank -- and then only if they are earning more than 15k per day. Stocks are a long-term investment. They pay better than the bank, on average (even than the highest interest rate) -- but your money could be there for years before the stock price rises enough to make selling worthwhile. So just wait on stocks... Also, use your safety deposit box. Only sell things worth more than ~20 NP; keep other things in the SDB in case they go up in price -- this also helps keep your shop from being filled with "junk" no one wants to buy right now. If things don't sell, lower the price a little each day until they do. And don't forget to check your shop till!
  • Figure out what you enjoy (and don't enjoy) at the site. It's going to take a while to learn everything there is to do. You don't have to do it all. Many people love restocking; I don't have the patience for it. Take your time -- you don't have to figure it all out at once. Maybe try one new thing each month (or each week, if you're really gung-ho); that will give you time to read about it, and try it out for a while. Some things to try: restocking (use a guide, so you don't lose money), Food Club (my biggest current earner -- on average I earn 85% a day of what money I invest, but there is high variability, so you should use no more than 5-10% of your total NP on any given day; many people follow Hugo's bets, and he has helpful links explaining how it works), battling (the easiest opponents don't give out the best free daily prizes, and if there's a site event, it will be more fun if your pet has decent weapons and is well-trained -- for now, you could just train with any dubloons that you find as you learn more), various games (Welcome Back Apathy created a page that lists the fastest NP-earning games; the current list is actually here because of the transition and doesn't have the current ratios listed. Note: I've found that if I refresh adver-video after each spin (once I return to the main screen), I'm more likely to get all the money from it.), Key Quest (once it starts working again...), World Challenges, monthly competition, plushie tycoon, Neoquest (I and II), Altador plot... If something's not fun for you, don't do it, no matter how many NP you might earn from it. The point is to have fun!
  • Don't get discouraged. Your first 10,000 NP is your hardest 10,000 NP. It takes money to earn money in Neopia, so just take your time. It's not a race. Once you've saved that first 10,000 NP, don't spend it all! But create mini-goals for yourself, with appropriate "rewards" once you reach them. (For example, once you save 10,000 NP, maybe spend 1,000 NP on something -- it could be a clothing item, or training, or a stamp, or starting a gallery, or your first avatar item... whatever appeals to you.) Pick your reward in advance, so you know what you're working towards, and make it no more than 10% of your savings. Then set a new savings goal -- and bigger reward!

Only earning 150 NP a day sounds like maybe you're doing some things that cost too much, and/or maybe missing out on some things that make NP. What are you currently doing for your dailies?

Oh wow, so much advice! I'm really grateful for all of your help :)

I do have the forgotten shore map, I managed to find it really cheaply on the TP at the beginning though it seems there's hardly anything on the shore.

I do pretty much every single daily, except for some of the ones that cost money. I think that I probably spend too much money on them sometimes...like the scratchcards and stuff. Everytime I get a nice chunk of money (like 5 or 10k) it goes instantly. I know that's my own fault, but I thought the chances of winning were slightly better than they actually are.

The Battledome actually is sounding better than I thought...but it definitely is confusing!

I do want to start small though. I'm not expecting to magically get millions of NP overnight, I know it'll take work. But all of these suggestions seem really great, so I'll definitely make a start with the games and I'll try out the Battledome.

Again, thank you all so much :3 Really can't believe how helpful and friendly everyone is here!

When you get some more NP, try playing "Wheel of Mediocrity", for me at least is worth it. And for the dailies, wich ones do you do?. Because I get 10000 NP just with the dailies... and that taking into account that I waste NP with some of then, like "Coconut Shy", for the avatar... Also I would recommend playing "NeggSweeper", it's not that hard, and you make 3000 NP per day, and "Cellblock", personally I don't like that game, I just played for the avatar & the gold trophy (wich I won on the same day), once I got them I stoped playing, but it's an easy game and you can make 5000 NP per day. "Mop 'n' Bop" it's easy too, you just have to make 1850 points (with the currently ratio), that's 1000 NP per game, and 3000 NP if you play the three games permitted. And if Key Quest is available again, that's a good choice too, I usually made more than 10000 NP per day, without taking into consideration the things I sold.

Going by the TDN Daily page, I play:

All of the first part excluding the soup kitchen, rubbish dump, obsidian quarry (I don't really get the point of that one...a lump of obsidian is worth nothing), Altador prizes (I can't complete the plot), monthly freebies, movie central and the battleground.

For the second part I play all the wheels except the extravagant one & the nc archives. I occasionally do the monotony if I have time for it. I usually do the desert scratch cards.

For the third part I do everything except for Key Quest, potato counter, battledome, hide and seek, guess the marrow and adver-video.

I don't often do the crossword or daily puzzle.

On the fifth part I only do buried treasure, test your strength, pick your own and faerie caverns.

Aside from that I do the Symol Hole.

I do The Coincedence sometimes, though I've lost a lot of NP from it and hardly ever does anything happen (I think only twice have I got something from it).

Which ones should I do and which ones should I not do?

The Wheel of Mediocrity play it as much as you can, not just once, for the rest... That depends on how lucky you are, and if you are going for the avatars, if not, I suggest to stop, the Misfortune one, I think the name says everything, the Wheel of Knowledge I don't know you, but I mostly won nothing... just "advice", The Wheel of Excitement I usually end up on the interrogation mark, wich means that I lose NP. And the Wheel of Monotony, honestly I don't play it, too slow for me. I just played for the avatar, and I won the Paint Brush quite soon, so I don't know if it's worth it or not. For the scratch cards... for me are not worth it, I played for the avatars too, and I lose money.

Potato Counter is 225 NP, it's not much, but it's something, and it's fast. Adver-video is highly recommended, I read that you cannot play, honestly I don't know how to help you solve the problem, for me it's fine, and now that the video doesn't play for whatever reason... it's even better.

The Daily puzzle it's just few seconds and you win some NP. The Crosswords, I usually finish in less than 3 minutes, and it's 600 NP. If you didn't do those two today, you just missed 1022 NP.

From the fifth part, I play a few, mostly for avatars, but all I do is lose money, that depends on how lucky you are.

The Coincedence for me is a huge waste of NP, I don't remember ever winning anything... I played for the avatar, but when I learned that it didn't work anymore, I stoped automatically.

definitely do monthly freebies (only once a month), movie central - free food daily and the battleground once you get the hang of the battledome. the background requires you to pick a team and fight for it against certain people in the battledome. It will either give you an item (if your team loses), or a boon and an avatar (the first time you win with that team). A boon is something that helps you with a certain aspect of the site.

with the wheels - skip the wheel of misfortune until you have more money, and never spin it with something valuable in your inventory (as it may turn it to sludge). my favourite wheels are mediocrity and sometimes excitement can be quite good.

Also with the scratch cards, I've heard that the winter themed one tend to have the best luck.

I'd skip a lot of the dailies like faerie caverns until you bank some more money. also, buried treasure will be half price in November.

If you're ever unsure of whether a daily is worth it, you can google the daily and its prizes to see if you want them.

My games for when I have very little time are kass basher (currently~850 points = 1000NPs) and fashion fever, wrath of the snowager is also quite quick and easy (you only need 100,000 points to get 1000nps). Snowmuncher is usually good too although you need 5000 points to get 1000nps at the moment which is a bit time consuming.

and with the coinicidence, I skip it unless I have all the items/can buy them for less than about 500nps

what's your battledome equipment like? do you have any yet?

Make sure you also do Anchor Management, it's mostly small price items like map pieces you get from there but sometimes I get lucky and get dubloons. If your pet has a petpet, send it through grave danger, again with that one a lot of cheap items but I have gotten all kinds of cool things. If I get something I dont need, I just donate.

Kiko pop is good, I get a decent prize from there 3-4 times a week. Quasalan Expelibox is free to play, mostly just food items and 100np wins but if you're broke everythng helps lol

Visit the discarded blue grundo plushie daily too. Sometimes it gives out a couple thousand np.

Visit Coltzan's Shrine also, he sometimes gives out neopoints, dubloons and skill points.

If you don't get bored with it too easily, Cheat is a good game to play. Once you get the hang of it, it's super easy and I notice I get random events when I play this and neoquest.

Try to track down the times the snowager is sleeping, I don't always get things from it but there are some decent prizes.

Try the second hand shoppe randomly too, it's not always just piles of dung and potato sack tunics lol you can get some cool things for customizing your pets for free.

Going by the TDN Daily page, I play:

All of the first part excluding the soup kitchen, rubbish dump, obsidian quarry (I don't really get the point of that one...a lump of obsidian is worth nothing), Altador prizes (I can't complete the plot), monthly freebies, movie central and the battleground.

For the second part I play all the wheels except the extravagant one & the nc archives. I occasionally do the monotony if I have time for it. I usually do the desert scratch cards.

For the third part I do everything except for Key Quest, potato counter, battledome, hide and seek, guess the marrow and adver-video.

I don't often do the crossword or daily puzzle.

On the fifth part I only do buried treasure, test your strength, pick your own and faerie caverns.

Aside from that I do the Symol Hole.

I do The Coincedence sometimes, though I've lost a lot of NP from it and hardly ever does anything happen (I think only twice have I got something from it).

Which ones should I do and which ones should I not do?

Here's what I recommend based on the above:

• Feed your pets for free: Add soup kitchen (when you're low on NP -- it counts bank, shop till, stocks, and on-hand NP, but the faerie will tell you if you have too much) and Movie Central (this is every 24 hours -- not once per day, so try to go at the same time each day). This way you can sell your omelettes, jellies, and fish (some of which can be worth a bit thanks to the Coincidence).
  • Collect monthly freebies on the first of each month (or as soon as you remember); you get 2000 NP, plus a food for each pet (sell the food).
  • Skip the Coincidence (at least if the items are worth more than about 10 NP each) -- you can add it in later, but right now, it's more of a gamble than anything else.
  • Spin (some of) the wheels as often as you can: Mediocrity is the most profitable (450 NP PROFIT per spin, probably within +/- 5 NP of the true average based on the number of spins I've measured), followed by Monotony (320 NP per spin, though I have less data on this one -- probably within +/- 100 NP), and Excitement (265 NP/spin, probably within +/- 25 NP). Knowledge right now is at -32 NP/spin, but I haven't had any "big" wins since I started keeping track (even though I have in the past) -- a scroll or job coupon would make it positive. So I think Knowledge could go either way for you. Skip Misfortune, Extravagance, and NC Archives.
  • Switch to winter scratchcards. Scratch Rags to Riches; sell all others. Or just skip them altogether; it's really up to you.
  • Consider adding battling and/or Keyquest (once Keyquest starts working again). These are things that take time to learn, but you can earn 1500 NP + 15 free items from the battledome (right now, the items only appear in your inventory, and can take anywhere from ~10-20 battles to get; you can win codestones to sell, though it'll be mostly junk). And Keyquest can give out codestones, neggs, map pieces, paint brushes... things worth quite a lot! Plus they can both be really fun.
  • Click the daily puzzle, at least. It only takes about 5 seconds, so it's a pretty decent NP:time ratio.
  • Drop berry-picking; it's usually a money-loser. Consider dropping test your strength (on average, also a money-loser) and faerie caverns (even when I was guaranteed treasure everyday, I only averaged less than 1.5k profit per day -- but since you actually only get it right about every 8 days, you're spending 3200 NP to win less than 2000 NP).

•  

Consider adding the wishing well as a daily; throw in the minimum (I forget if it's 20 or 21 NP), and wish for one of the expensive items that were recently handed out. I've only won once, but I won something I sold for several hundred thousand NP, and I've spent less than 6000 NP there.

• Consider adding Dice-a-Roo. Once you're in a game, you can just refresh, and your pets will get bored quickly (check between every dozen or so refreshes, because you're sometimes thrown back into the "do you want to start a game" screen). It usually takes 5-10 minutes, and when you check your inventory, you should have some food things to sell. (I don't do this often myself, since I find it boring, but it is profitable...)

•  

• Add Battledome of the Obelisk. How it works is that every two weeks, there's a battle between 3 of 6 factions (called Sway, Awakened, Order, Thieves, Brutes, and Seekers). You join a faction anytime on Monday-Wednesday of the first week, battle Thursday-Sunday (you need to get 20 wins total, I think, to qualify for prizes -- you should be able to beat the easiest opponents on easy -- ask for BD help in the battledome subforum here, there are many experts who can get you started for cheap). The second week, Monday-Sunday, players who chose the winning faction get "boons." Each faction has their own boons, and you can choose the one boon you like best. Boons include things like higher bank interest, getting to spin each wheel twice, buying stocks at 10 NP/share (vs. the usual 15 NP/share), being told the right answer in Faerie Caverns so you always get treasure... they can really make you a lot of money for not very much effort. We're currently battling right now, so check back a week from Monday to see what factions you can join (there's usually a discussion here of which is the best one to join).
  • Slowly work on the Altador plot, if you enjoy that kind of thing. The prizes actually aren't that great, but you do sometimes get NP, and you can collect it every day for the rest of the time you play -- which will eventually add up. Plus, it gives you a sense of how Neopets plots work, and you'll be less confused and have more fun the next time we get a plot (which will hopefully be soon!). Try doing just one step a week, on a day when you have a bit more time to play. Follow a guide, and ask for help here if you get stuck (which often happens, it's a bit glitchy... the common solution is "go back and click on all the things again, starting with the last thing that worked -- including things like visiting the Lenny").
  • Consider adding Food Club. In my last message, I linked to Hugo's page. Since your account is so young, you can't bet a lot, anyway, but it nearly doubles my money every single day (which works out to nearly 1M NP every two weeks with a 12-year-old account!), so it's good to learn it now. Don't get discouraged when you lose -- in the long term, you'll win the money back. But only bet with "extra" money, not your last 150 NP, since it is fairly variable.
  • Another thing to explore: the employment agency. There are free jobs (usually bringing certain items or playing games in a time limit); many lose money, but some are profitable, and I know some people make a lot of money there (with and without job coupons). You can probably find a guide if that sounds interesting to you.
  • Consider entering the monthly multiplayer competitions. If you can remember to show up, you can often win by default. It didn't run this month, but I've signed up for November. They're totally glitchy, so you can win a trophy and NP when you shouldn't (and vice versa), but they're fun and don't usually take a ton of time. Plus you might get your first game trophies.
  • Consider doing Neoquest I (and maybe Neoquest II), if you like adventure-type battling games. They also give a trophy, and you can play as little or as much as you want, as long as you visit the game at least once a year. There are some really good guides that make it easy, and you win NP and/or items -- plus lots and lots of random events, which can give you free stuff/free NP/etc.

Again, just try some of these things out. I skip a lot of the less profitable dailies, myself, and I don't do things that many others make a lot of money doing (e.g., restocking). Find a routine that works for you. And switch things up. I go on spurts when I play more Flash games, and other times, I don't touch the games in forever. And I play the games I enjoy instead of the ones that earn a lot of NP.

Regarding spending all your money, well... just try making some goals. Pick one goal at a time, and decide how many NP you need to save to get that goal (make it more than the item is worth! If you want a 50k item, maybe make your goal 100k before you buy it). Then go into super-saver mode. Set a goal for how many NP you want to save each day, and do things in your favorite order until you reach it (or exceed it, if you're having fun playing).

When I saved for a 12M paint brush, I decided I'd buy it once I had 22M (so I'd still have 10M left in the bank). I created an Excel spreadsheet and figured out how much I'd have to earn each day to reach the goal in 6 months. I played more games and did some "boring" things because I really wanted to meet that goal, and they were more fun because they were helping me get that paint brush (I forget how I did it, but I set up my spreadsheet to tell me when I'd reach my goal if I continued saving at my average rate so far -- and seeing that date move closer really motivated me). And I actually reached my goal in half the time! And after I reached it, I took a break and dialed my playing way back for a bit (which coincided with a busy time in grad school, anyway...). And then I created my next goal...

Once you've gotten the hang of things, you can actually work on more than one goal at a time. While saving for that paint brush, I continued to buy stocks and codestones. (The stocks are actually a big reason why I reached the goal sooner, because I was able to sell a few stocks at quadruple the price a few times over those 3 months.) It might have made saving a tad slower, but that way I was more ready for the next plot with battling.