The Final Days of Habitarium

missuninvited

We now find ourselves facing the last days of Habitarium... What are you doing to maximize your remaining time with your P3s? I'm nesting to discard as many eggs as I can and constantly harvesting more resources to purchase more buildings for the XP. (I'm determined to squeeze out as many NP as I can!) I'm also purchasing a ridiculous amount of sprinkles for the little guys, because I know that if the world were ending in a few days I'd spend my remaining time eating candy.

(I know we've kind of discussed this on the JumpStart transition thread, but I felt we were starting to stray a bit off-topic with so much habi talk and thought we could just put it all here!)

So what are y'all doing?

:( I just got into it for the first time last week, so I'm kind of sad that I'm losing it so quickly. I'm going crazy using up my pollen/grass/water on snacks and dye for the buildings. It's a huge bummer but it's kind of fun to play with an endgame in mind. Makes you less concerned about the long term. "Of COURSE all of my buildings need to be blue, it's not like I'm saving for anything else!"

I'm doing pretty much the same thing as you, minus the sprinkles. I've got like 6 or 7 nesters going, and a bunch of workers getting me resources so I can buy a building, build it, and then get rid of it.

I left it to run last night hoping I'd come back to a bunch of purple gems, but apparently I got disconnected at some point. The page thought it was 4am and I only got 2 gems :(

Haha, I like the idea of giving the little guys a good time before being sent off to oblivion :P Hopefully we will have something Habi-like in the future.

As for me, just emptying out my egg stash and try and not feel guilty about it, haha. I hope you have fun with your p3s while they're still there!

I'm doing pretty much the same thing as you, minus the sprinkles. I've got like 6 or 7 nesters going, and a bunch of workers getting me resources so I can buy a building, build it, and then get rid of it.

I left it to run last night hoping I'd come back to a bunch of purple gems, but apparently I got disconnected at some point. The page thought it was 4am and I only got 2 gems :(

This happened to me last night! I had habi set to run all night and then my computer decides that it needs to install updates NOW RIGHT NOW!, almost as soon as I went to bed but I didn't know until I woke up and hadn't leveled overnight. *sigh*

I just revived mine too. When does it go away for good?

We're not entirely sure, they said either late this week or early next week is when they'll make the transition and Habi just won't be moved over with everything else :(

I never had the chance to play Habi. I guess there's no point in starting now. :(

Honestly, I would still start! You won't manage much but if you just let it run you can easily make a couple K before the move. If your computer can handle running all night then I would recommend at least trying for a few levels.

I am so sad to see habitat go too. :sad01_anim: I just decked mine out too, and now it is going to go away. I wonder if jumpstart will ever create their own version of habitarium. That would be cool.

I would love this, and am really hoping they will! I really like KQ, and habi and was hoping neopets would start bringing in more of that interactive, multiplayer type stuff. I know jumpstart has multiplayer and mobile games, so that'd be really cool if they can bring more of that stuff to the game

I'm making the nesters nest to discard the eggs as I'm level 50, also making the workers collect stone and mud and wood and I'm updating my buildings (I think it gives some points and also empties place so the workers don't stop collecting). I was updating my building before we learned the news so I'm basically just going on with it now. Updating the hospitals to the maximum possible level proved very useful, the p3 heal amazingly fast compared to the level 1 hospitals.

I don't really get why people complain Habi money is too easy money. I do hope there will be something similar in the future. Neopets is a site made for fun or at least I thought it is :) So why making everything real-life-hard... it's already hard to earn money in real life, so at least Habi was something relaxing. And I'll miss the P3s a lot! They are so cute! I'm almost feeling guilty I'm making them work so hard now...

Is that why they're withdrawing it? To be honest, to me it seems unsustainable in the sense that it can't be developed into something more interesting

They're removing Habi for numerous reasons - most likely that it took up too much space, was extremely buggy, adding Neopoints into the economy too fast, thus devaluing the Neopoint or something of the sort, and they don't have the coding for it anymore (it was made by a different company that has since cut ties with Neopets), so it won't receive updates in the future.

As for me, I'm discarding all my eggs. I plan to hatch three eggs and send them into the void just before downtime.

I had a few pages of eggs (probably like around 8?) and I discarded almost all of them. I left 6 nesters, 3 soldiers and 3 workers for each species. I'm at level 45 right now. Hope I can reach 50 before Jumpstart :) I wonder what they will give everyone who participated in habitarium.

I had a few pages of eggs (probably like around 8?) and I discarded almost all of them. I left 6 nesters, 3 soldiers and 3 workers for each species. I'm at level 45 right now. Hope I can reach 50 before Jumpstart :) I wonder what they will give everyone who participated in habitarium.

I'm curious about the gift, too, and whether it'll be different for anyone who reached 50. Sadly I'm only at (almost) 27 right now, so I highly doubt I'll be reaching 50 before the move ;~;

I'm trying to have the Nesters lay as many eggs as possible for me to stash, gotta keep a few eggs in case I need more soldiers. Unforunately once Nesters begin harvesting they refuse to lay more eggs so I don't really know what to do. Keep em on the nests when they finish laying an egg so they can keep laying more I suppose. Had to hatch several new Nesters due to this problem.

Also spending as many resources as possible. Short on Stone so I need my bugs to harvest as much as possible, and those stupid blue bugs decided to destroy one of my rocks. Building more structures and then deleting them so the bugs can get more resources, should probably build more storages too. I already have a ton though.

Okay why won't my Edits go through????

Makes me wish I made it to Level 50...but I never played Habi enough. I've always been an on/pff player with just about every game I've ever played, and Habi is no exception. I just lose interest quickly or get distracted and forget all about the game, and may not come back to it until several months or even a year or two. Now you know why I'll never play Animal Crossing or other guilt-trip games XD

I am letting them slowly die off. I actually had like a good sob this morning over it. I may be a little hormonal right now or something but it seems kind of weird. These little guys die every week, although I've got them on a rotating schedule so only a few die every day and I'd hatch a few every day so I wouldn't have a whole day of hatching to do, just 4 or 5 a day. So I guess I never noticed it or felt it that deeply. Parting is really such sweet sorrow.

So today I lost my first set that I didn't restore and as I clicked the little diamonds I said BYE BYE and thanked them for the NP and was like
alright, get your stuff together woman. They are virtual bugs, now go check your food club" and so I did. Only made 107,604 NP which is what I'll make with Habi today so not a bad day for me.

I am almost to level 33, I'm almost there!

I am really bad at the games and don't make too many NP that way. All the NP I get from the Habi I put int the bank. I'm saving for a rainy day, I suppose.

I will miss the Habi. I am on it mostly during the day, so I can level up. I have 6 nesters nesting and getting rid of the eggs, so I can level up.

I will miss playing the Habi! I hope the gift (if we get one) is nice. :)

Does anyone know exactly when the Habi will be shut down?

Does anyone know exactly when the Habi will be shut down?

We won't know exactly when the site will go down for the transfer, unfortunately. But as soon as it does, habi is gone. At least it isn't being shut down ahead of the transfer.