To spin the Wheel of Extravagance or not.

CurlyFreys

For the first time ever in all my time playing Neopets, I have broke 100,000 nps. [Though not by a lot.] For some reason ever since I began playing, I've never been able to accumulate many neopoints.

Now that I have 100,000, I'm really considering spinning the Wheel of Extravagance.

It has the possibilty of getting me my dream paint brush. Though I know how rare that is to actually land on.

There is the possibility that I could not get a prize worth my money or only earn a portion back.

What do you guys think? Should I do it?

Personally I would not. Yeah there's a chance you might get something good out of it, but more often than not, you'll just be throwing away your neopoints. And then you'd be basically broke. :(

I've spun the wheel over ten times and gotten nothing about seven times, and I'm getting close to nine million neopoints :P

I'd advise you to not do it, it's more often than not a waste of money and time. Especially if you only have barely enough to spin the wheel.

I would like to spin it as well....but I am too chicken to do so :<

For you, it's obviously your own choice but maybe wait until you get a few more nps? Instead of falling and being completely broke if you unfortunately don't get anything useful from your spin.

Don't do it!! haha I made that mistake when I first reached 100k. I got NOTHING. haha not even the avatar :( I made my friend spin it and she won 25k

I'd have to agree with the previous responses, it isn't worth the investment. Unless you had a bunch of NP to spare I'd say go for it if you were avatar hunting, but for profit I'd suggest to lean more towards investing in Food Club or stocks.

I agree that I wouldn't bother with that little money. I have a few million in the bank and I still feel like I don't have enough to just throw away on that wheel. Once all my pets and everything are customized and painted then I'll maybe start doing that but it's not worth it and most likely you'll lose your money.

Hmm, yeah the odds aren't high to land on the paint brush. It's certainly possibly, but not likely. I lost a million on that wheel without getting the avatar, or anything really worth while. x_x You might not have my fate. lol I wish you the best of luck, if you decide to spin it!

I think you should definitely save up your NP, especially if you've just gotten to this point. The wheel, based on the responses, doesn't seem like a very profitable thing to do. Even for people with a lot of NP, it seems to be a waste. Putting some in the bank for interest, or investing in stocks, could be a better option in the long run. :)

Like everyone else, I wouldn't recommend spinning the wheel, especially since you said you only have a little over 100k NP. If you bust, you'll have nothing. D: It'll be better if you invest it in food club or stocks like stebenjos said, and once you've saved up enough money so you'd feel comfortable throwing NP away, then go ahead and spin.

I've been tempted to spin the wheel before, but I decided that I'd only spin if I win over 200k in a day's worth of food club bets. :p I haven't gotten lucky yet, though ('cause I keep missing the time when Hugo updates his bets page). :(

Probably not. It would probably be better to save your nps and spin when you have more nps.

http://www.neopets.com/~wockkey#WoE

^ My WoE spin log. I've spun the wheel a few more times but I didn't start a log until later. I'm still trying to get the avatar. Good luck if you spin the wheel!

I agree with all the posters above, spinning is just not worth it unless you have a ton of nps and you won't even miss the 100k.

If you do decide to spin though, remember to switch to your battle pet - there are potential stat boosts that you don't want to waste on your active!

I would advise you to wait until you have at least a million np, so that way if you DO get nothing, it won't feel like as much of a loss. I've spun it 4 times, and fortunately I have only gotten nothing once. I have gotten 25k, 75k, and a nerkmid, but unfortunately all of those still ended up with me losing np. My advice is to do your dailies, try to play a few games, and get to that million before you spin. You're already 1/10 of the way there! ;)

DON'T DO IT :O (at least not now) gah all that hard-earned money spent on something that has a high chance of not even getting you anything worthy is just *crey*

Deposit your money in the bank first and upgrade your bank account :D And wait till you get like much more NPs so it won't feel like too much of a heartbreak when you actually not get anything! Actually I think I would never have enough money that I feel like I can just throw money everywhere and spend a 100k on a wheel...

Like above, I would seriously suggest waiting on it. I've got almost 7mil in the bank and even I don't feel comfortable throwing away 100k for it yet. I've spun it before in the past (a couple times) when I got to over 1m, 2m, etc. And I've regretted it each time lol.

Personally I'm waiting until I have my pets painted/customized and then I'll start spinning maybe once or twice a week, but only in an attempt to get the avatar. That wheel is just not worth it unless you're aiming for the avatar. There is a small chance you'd win something profitable, but you're much more likely to get nothing or only part of your 100k back. So unless you're an avatar hunter, I would suggest just saving up the NP for the dream pet you have in mind. And even as an avatar collector, you should definitely wait until you've saved up more, because odds are once you spin it you'll be losing all of that 100k you saved up.

Don't. The WoE is a waste of NP. 90% of the time, you'll get nothing.

I've never spun it once, nor do I ever want to. I don't care if there's an avatar involved, I won't do it. I have seen the result from other people who spun it, and I was already saying "it's a waste of NP" since it was first released. Now, everybody's agreeing with me, how about that XD

I spun it today and got 25k :P

I make about 75k per day at Habitarium, so it's not a big loss, but it was money I could have spent on something else.

HEED MY WARNING