The best "personality" quiz.

CurlyFreys

There is a really cool website called Archetypes.com where you take this quiz and it puts in certain archetypes based on your responses.

The cool thing? There is actual research behind it! This isn't your normal "personality" quiz.

Here is the definition of archetype in case you are wondering.

ar·che·type

[ahr-ki-tahyp] Show IPA

noun

the original pattern or model from which all things of the same kind are copied or on which they arebased; a model or first form; prototype.

(in Jungian psychology) a collectively inherited unconscious idea, pattern of thought, image, etc.,universally present in individual psyches.

Basically this website sorts you into the basic molds for personality. You get your top three results, and it shows your percentages for each.

It breaks down your personality to the building blocks and then once you've finished the quiz, gotten your results and made an account, there are a bunch of really cool articles that are relevant to your types.

I just think it's really cool, but I'm kind of a nerd for personality quizzes and psychology.

My results are

fx5jsh.jpg

You guys should take it and then post your results here.

It'll be cool to see how diverse everyone's personality is.

https://www.archetypes.com/

There is the link.

Cool! I've always loved these sorts of things, but I tend to dislike questions that have me speak on the behalf of others.

"Others look at me as a ___"

"Uhhh where's the "I have no idea." option?"

a833bda7a9.png

Ooh this is really interesting! These are mine:

nl3m04.png

43% advocate, 35% intellectual, 22% caregiver. But I suspect I could take that survey 100 times and come up with 100 different results. I wish they'd let you rank things in terms of importance, as many items as you liked. Surely they could create an algorithm that would still be able to interpret it. I think this quiz just shows that people aren't archetypes -- we're people with a myriad of interests and lots of different things that are important to us. Because really, I think I'm like equal parts most of them, with only a few that don't really appeal to me at all (fashionista, power grubber, and maybe rebel -- I don't like to rebel just for rebellion's sake, just like I don't like to conform just for conformity's sake).

I think most people would get the same categories, maybe different percentages but the same categories. Assuming the person answers truthfully as who they are now and not who they wish they were.

I'm sure we are all a little of everything, this is just telling us the main parts of our personality. Everyone has different dominant personality traits.

here are my results .. i think they're pretty accurate :)

My Quiz Results

Your primary archetypes are the main actors in the story of your life. They define the core of your narrative.

donut.png
42% Intellectual You’re the ultimate dinner-party guest. Engaging questions and thoughtful debate are your trademarks. Read more 38% Spiritual You seek a deeper meaning. For you, the journey of faith is never-ending. Thoughtful and compassionate, you have a strong sense of moral obligation. Read more 20% Visionary Leave it to others to live by the status quo. You’re interested in new ways of seeing, solutions not yet imagined, products not yet built. Read more

cool! ლ(◕ω◕ლ)[/size]

donut.png

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Here's mine... if I can figure out how to get the picture to paste. -_- At any rate, 39% Caregiver - 36% Intellectual - 25% Explorer. Sounds enough like me, I suppose! ;) Hmmm... I seem to be the only one on here who didn't manage to hit 40% on any characteristics. I guess my personality's pretty evenly split?

43% Creative - You appreciate all beautiful things, in art and daily life. The creative act is essential to who you are.

33% Visionary - Leave it to others to live by the status quo. You’re interested in new ways of seeing, solutions not yet imagined, products not yet built.

24% Intellectual - You’re the ultimate dinner-party guest. Engaging questions and thoughtful debate are your trademarks.

2nd time I took it I got this:

37% Caregiver - Friendly, sincere, and compassionate, you find your reward in helping others. No one could ask for a better best friend.

32% Intellectual - You’re the ultimate dinner-party guest. Engaging questions and thoughtful debate are your trademarks.

31% Creative - You appreciate all beautiful things, in art and daily life. The creative act is essential to who you are.

donut.png

My results don't surprise me. One time I took a test and ranked very high in beauty and aesthetics. I have been called materialistic and shallow so, I'm really not surprised.

• 3 weeks later...

Hrmmm. I love the idea of being a Caregiver and I think I have it in me, but... I don't think it makes up approximately 57% of my personality. I didn't expect to see Visionary in my results either. I admire visionaries, but honestly I'm not one. At all. I don't think this test is very accurate in my case. Or maybe I'm not in touch with myself? :P

donut.png

Guest awkwardnormalcy

donut.png

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, I guess it's not really wrong but I don't feel like it sums me up well

donut.png

53% Intellectual You’re the ultimate dinner-party guest. Engaging questions and thoughtful debate are your trademarks. Read more 24% Caregiver Friendly, sincere, and compassionate, you find your reward in helping others. No one could ask for a better best friend. Read more 23% Visionary Leave it to others to live by the status quo. You’re interested in new ways of seeing, solutions not yet imagined, products not yet built. Read more