How do you price your shop?

spencerkatty

I've been wondering how other people decide to price items in your shop. I don't have premium, so I can't use SSW, but I refresh multiple times on the regular SW to make sure I have the lowest price. Do others also do this, or do they only price it for their alphabetical grouping in the shop wiz. Tell me your thoughts and why you do it that way.

P.S. I think it's really annoying that the regular shop wiz '[tires out'. I understand SSW tiring out to 'level the playing field', but what is the point of the regular shop wiz tiring!!!!

I refresh multiple times until I get an idea of what the lowest price is, and then I beat that. Depending on how expensive the item is I might be 10np cheaper or I might be 100 cheaper, or even 1000 cheaper.... whatever it takes to get my name up at the top of the list without going too crazy. Most of the stuff I sell, I've gotten for free through some daily or battledome fight or whatever, I don't buy and resell many things. I figure I can afford to go low on the price because I'm making a profit no matter what. Then, if the item doesn't sell in a few days, I check again. If I find that the price has gone down, I adjust accordingly. If not, I assume it's just unpopular and let it sit.

I usually use Jellyneo item database. Unless it's something on more of the expensive side..then I'll refresh SW for a bit. But things that are pretty stable such as codestones, jellyneo item database usually has a really updated accurate representation of user prices :)

I usually use Jellyneo item database. Unless it's something on more of the expensive side..then I'll refresh SW for a bit. But things that are pretty stable such as codestones, jellyneo item database usually has a really updated accurate representation of user prices :)

I use the item database too. I figure that I just put that price in and adjust it depending on how long it's been in my shop if it's not selling.

I have a set price for certain items, and I use the Shop Wizard for most everything else. I only use the item database for map pieces (since they all have the same name) because while it is very useful, there are thousands of items for them to keep track of and it doesn't take long for items to inflate/deflate.

I use SSW to price my items, the SSW only allows a certain amount of searches too but you can always check the price of the lowest 10 of a certain item with the SSW and there is no limit on that, it just doesnt give the exact prices or user names.

I tend to price at the lowest on SSW unless I know that the prices are really low just now then I will price at what I think it will go back to once the slump is over.

Anything that has been in my shop for a long time I start to lower the price day after day til it sells.

I usually just look up the lowest prices on SW and then go a few hundred lower to sell them fairly quickly because I'm impatient lol

I've never experienced the shop wizard tiring out on me. :sleeping_03anim: Out of curiosity, how much do I have to pester the shop wiz so he'd refuse me service? (:

On the occasional times I restock my shop, I search it multiple times then price it slightly lower (not more than 100 NP) than the lowest I could find.

I only use the JN item database when buying stuff, not for when pricing the items for selling.

I've never experienced the shop wizard tiring out on me. :sleeping_03anim: Out of curiosity, how much do I have to pester the shop wiz so he'd refuse me service? (:

According to Jellyneo, the limit per hour on the regular shop wizard is 360 - that includes refreshing your search. I've actually run into this several times, as I tend to mass price everything in my shop, so it is something to keep in mind if you have a lot of items in your shop.

According to Jellyneo, the limit per hour on the regular shop wizard is 360 - that includes refreshing your search. I've actually run into this several times, as I tend to mass price everything in my shop, so it is something to keep in mind if you have a lot of items in your shop.

That's a lot of searches! :whaa: Good to know I won't get locked out of the shop wiz refreshing for the cheapest codestones, then. :p

Well when the SW tires out it's not for the whole day, it allows you to search again in half an hour or something.

I use the SW and refresh a lot to find the lowest price then beat it, I don't have a huge shop and I prefer getting rid of the items fast :)

I do have the SSW and so it's pretty simple (except for lab pieces, PBs, etc.). And here's a gripe about all this. I understand people wanting to be the lowest and get their items sold so if I put an item at 80,000NPs (lowest at the moment) and someone else comes along and puts their item slightly lower than mine (say a couple thousand), then I understand. I may or may not go lower depending on if I think the item will sell anyway. What irritates me is when someone puts the item at tens of thousands of NPs lower - say 50000 or something like that. Why?? Why are they undercutting by so much? They are hurting themselves and other sellers. They make less NPs and then the item depreciates so that people expect that as the price now. You want to sell fast? Fine - put it a few thousand less and wait 12 hours. If it's still not sold, go a few thousand lower. It WILL sell but there is no sense in losing tens of thousands of NPs.

I now use the SSW.

However, both with the SSW and before I had it...I priced to my Letter group (F, S, 5).

I do it that way because the reality is that MANY users do not search multiple times for an item...so they go with the lowest price of their first search.

I'm willing to wait for someone to find my item as the lowest price in my Letter Group, even if there are lower prices in other Groups.

It has worked for me for around a decade now, so I don't see me changin' my tactics anytime soon. :D

I also only bother 're-pricing' items only once a week or so...I am ok waiting a bit for an item to sell.

If you want something to sell FAST...then you ought price the lowest across all Letter Groups.

Good luck!

:P

I mostly just use the SW and see what the lowest prices there are. However, if the lowest price and next lowest price have a large difference (e.g. 200 NP vs 2500 NP), I'll end up pricing closer to the higher price. I figure someone will snatch up the lowest price really fast, and mine will end up on the top result. :)

I can't live without the SSW. I save anything that isn't generally cheap or I don't care about (food, etc.) until I can get access again.

That being said, I realized recently that I've unconsciously developed a pricing pattern.

• 10,001+: Drop to the next five hundred. | Example: object priced 54,239; I'd list for 53,500
  • 1,000-9,999: Drop to the next hundred | Object priced 2,354; I'd list for 2,200
  • 100-999: Drop by twenty-five | Object priced at 535; I'd list for 500
  • 10-99: Drop by five | Object priced at 75; I'd list for 70

The only time I go below ten is when it's food, as food almost always sells. If it's around 25 and not food, I'll probably chuck it, as it's very unlikely to sell.

I can't live without the SSW. I save anything that isn't generally cheap or I don't care about (food, etc.) until I can get access again.

That being said, I realized recently that I've unconsciously developed a pricing pattern.

• 10,001+: Drop to the next five hundred. | Example: object priced 54,239; I'd list for 53,500
  • 1,000-9,999: Drop to the next hundred | Object priced 2,354; I'd list for 2,200
  • 100-999: Drop by twenty-five | Object priced at 535; I'd list for 500
  • 10-99: Drop by five | Object priced at 75; I'd list for 70

The only time I go below ten is when it's food, as food almost always sells. If it's around 25 and not food, I'll probably chuck it, as it's very unlikely to sell.

Gosh, Daya, that's such a systematic way of doing it! :D I like your style.

I SSW my item and put it a couple of NPs cheaper than the cheapest. But if the cheapest is say 6500 and the second cheapest is 7000, then I buy the 6500 item and put it up for 6990ish :)

I look up the prices on the Shop Wizard and then I lower that price and set it as that item's prie but sometimes if I see a certain item going for a certain price at various shops I would use that price and just wait until it sells.

I SSW my item and put it a couple of NPs cheaper than the cheapest. But if the cheapest is say 6500 and the second cheapest is 7000, then I buy the 6500 item and put it up for 6990ish :)

guilty! I do the same thing! I'm so spoiled by the SSW haha. Basically I always go under the lowest price listed unless the item is super cheap, then I price match. If it is an item that I can't SSW (i.e. a Nerk) then I tend to check a database like Jellyneo, set a tentative price, then use the regular SW to make sure I'm the lowest in my alphabet grouping.

I NEED my SSW. I never stock my shop unless I have at least 60 items to add. So I don't want to sit refreshing the SW for ages. For those RARE times I do not have premium I use the SW and refresh until I can't find a lower price. Sometimes when I get tired of refreshing a lot I will just price to the lowest in my alphabet class.