is The coincidence really worth doing?

cobra550

as i have gotten nothing from fiding the items for the scientist, i am wondering if there is some chance to get something that makkes it be worth doing, i have already spent around 50k finding the items, and nothing. today i need to get him tiki_boat2.giffur_puddle_water.gifkrawk_gross_1.gif but it is to expesive to buy three yellow growth. should i do it?

Super Toy Sailboat Stagnant Puddle of Water Yellow Growth

x3 x1 x3

For me it was worth it just to get the avatar but I'm not sure if you can definitely still get the avatar or not. I'd say if you find out that the avatar is no longer available then it's probably not worth it. Maybe check the Coincidence item thread and see if anyone can send you the items they already have so you don't have to spend a fortune.

TNT has stated in their last Editoral that the Coincidence avatar is retired:

"I was late to repair the Random Events machine / collect the console prizes and didn't get the Aboard The Coincidence avatar. Please say it isn't retired. ~vasama

We know you told us not to say it, but uhh... it is retired. :X That's what the countdown clock was indicating."

The items will probably deflate once the heat of the new daily cools down, so I'd suggest you wait until then!

The editorial also mentions a cancel button being made.

TNT, would you do everyone a GINORMOUS favor and please make a refuse button for the Coincidence quests? It could take us back to the timer and we can't try again until the next day, but I don't want to be stuck with quest items that are at least 20k each (and I literally can't afford to buy all of them). You would make a ton of people happy if you did this. Please remove my username. ~username removed

YES. Plenty of our staff members requested this, too! We are currently working on implementing a cancel option that we hope to release next week. :D

So I'd say it would be best to wait until you can cancel this quest. ;)

Hooray for the cancel button coming up. I think that might help deflating the price of the items as well. Let's hope for it. Until then, I would say skip the coincidence since you can end up with spending 100k+ for nothing or a bad RE.

I'm skipping mine these days, I got nothing twice and only a 3+ intelligence once. For what I payed, I don't think it is worth it... I'd say, wait for the cancel button and only do the quests that don't require 10k+ items...

I got NOTHING on the one where I gave him 3 stangnant puddles of water, 3 yellow growths, and 2 dried prunes. Luckily they were all items I had in my SDB. People here had said that he completed their quest and they still had their items in their inventory. I was hoping for that, but of course, that was not my luck. LOL. I got nothing, and lost my expensive (although I already had them) items. My next quest, the items were not expensive, but I only got a petpet, not worth much. Now he is asking for 3 more stagnant puddles of water, 3 more yellow growths, arggghh!!!! He seems to like those. Apparently why they are so expensive as well. I don't think it is worth it.

I already have the items from building and the avatar, and I am getting some random events. If you do not do the quests, do you not get random events????

I am so looking forward to that cancel button for the coincidence to be made. It is such a great idea. I hadn't even thought about asking the neopets team about it. Thanks all you guys who did! I don't thing buying stagnant puddles of water or yellow growths at their current prices are worth doing the daily for.

Unless you can trade for the items or someone gives them to you, then the items that going up to 5k+ are definitely not worth it. So far I've done all my quests, the first couple times the items I needed totaled out to around 1k each time. I got stat decrease, nothing, and then I got a Springabee that I just sold for 210k. So for me it was definitely worth it.

Yesterday my quest asked for me to find two 10k items, but luckily I fished up a Landfish and was able to trade it for the items I needed. That also got me nothing, but hey, it only cost me around 1.5k for the other items, so I'm still ahead of myself by around 200k. And with these +10 stat increases people are getting, it could still be worth it without winning items to sell.

So I would say it can definitely be worth it if the items you're asked for are cheap enough, but if you get one of the over-inflated items and can't trade for it, I would suggest just waiting for the reject button and trying again when you get cheaper items.

Is there still no cancel button? To be fair, prices have begun to deflate now - the stagnant puddle of water is 75% of what it used to be just a week ago.

For me, this would only be worth it if the overall cost was less than 2k and there was even the most remote possibility of an extremely good prize eg a rare stamp, or an expensive paintbrush. As it is, I need more info to make up my mind

Best thing I got was +9 Strenght, my friend has gotten a petpetpet worth about 1.8 mil, but most of the days its nothing. It can be worth it, but you need luck on your side.

I really hope they make that cancel button soon!