Hidden Tower discount

Duma

Hi,

I just noticed that the dailies site doesn't have a notice for the Hidden Tower discount. Like the one for Half Price Day, Turmaculus and Snowager.

The one for the Hidden Tower is also a scheduled "event". Every third Wednesday of the month.

Does it have a reason it doesn't show up? I know your account must be at least 60 months old.

I'm not sure. I think it does too since I did buy something on half price day before. As far as I remember it wasn't the full price either. I'm not a 100% sure though.

No, Fyora ignores half-price day. Otherwise they wouldn't need a 3% discount day for the tower!

Thanks for the reminder, by the way -- I reached my stretch goal of NP for this month, and rewarded myself with the HT-Rich avatar (I already have "richer," and I didn't want all those NP -- and then some -- to poof in a single book; I'll get "richest" once I'm much richer myself!). My snobby little reader tried to tell me that the 97k book was boring! I straightened her out by making her read it en français.

I just got the richer avvie too, I figured I might as well get it while it is on sale.

I would get the richer, but i am not ready to part with that many NPs just to watch the book go POOF lol

and the most expensive one...oh goodness...i dont know if I will even part with that many NPs for a book!!!

Thanks for reminding me! I hit my goal of finally having 10 mill above what the lowest amount I want in my bank account, so I'm going to celebrate by getting the Richest avatar.

It would be nice if the HT did! It would make getting the 'richest' avatar a lot less expensive :P

And drop the value of everything else by 40-50%.

Reminder: Next HT 3% discount day is on September 18.

Yes, I didn't mean only the book. Obviously all items within the HT would be subject to the same decrease in price. Meh, introduce some chaos into the Neopian economy, it's not like particular items haven't been hit by massive deflation before. It be interesting to see the effect such an action would have on the PC, Royal pets wouldn't be nearly as valuable with the PBs no longer having a 1.7mil price tag.

• 2 weeks later...

My first reaction would be...3% is so little! (But then when you think about it...3% off of like something around 2 mil is a pretty big deal)

Does anyone know if reselling something off the hidden tower would be worth it? (Like through the trading post?)

Oh definitely! This past month I got the Richest avatar, so I saved myself 300k on the book. Definitely nothing to sneeze at!

As for reselling, generally not. Everything is already at a fixed price, and most people can get the discount.