Thieves Win Boons, Avatar And Site Theme!

hrtbrk

Well this is a disappointment! As a loyal thief I chose to support them again, but I never had the chance to do any battling. So I missed out on the avatar and site theme. :(

Congrats to my fellow thieves! :) I really like that avatar too and it's a shame I can't use it.

The thing that concerns me about this becoming a more permanent feature is that codestones are going to stay sky high for prices :/ I was kinda bummed about needing to switch to the island school from the pirate academy to begin with due to sheer cost, and this new feature is going to keep it ridiculous.

Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think it's quite so bad. If anything, if these skirmishes occur on as predictable a schedule as it seems they might, then it'll be fairly easy to determine when the lulls are and stock up on codestones ahead of time. But then again, maybe I'm so used to paying through the nose by now that I've lost all sense of sanity. :P

Well this is a disappointment! As a loyal thief I chose to support them again, but I never had the chance to do any battling. So I missed out on the avatar and site theme. :(

Congrats to my fellow thieves! :) I really like that avatar too and it's a shame I can't use it.

Oh no! I'm so sorry, Dawn. :( If I could, I would give you my avatar- you deserve it more as a loyal Thief. :(

At least it seems like there will be a chance to get all the avatars again. :3

So... wait. People who were in the Sway and now joined the Thieves get both avatars? It's cool for them, I suppose, but a bit unfair for the rest of us. Because I chose a losing faction, I've now missed out on two avatars? I wouldn't have minded if each faction got their own avatar and everyone participating only got one, but this way some people might end up with 6, while others might just end up with 1...

So... wait. People who were in the Sway and now joined the Thieves get both avatars? It's cool for them, I suppose, but a bit unfair for the rest of us. Because I chose a losing faction, I've now missed out on two avatars? I wouldn't have minded if each faction got their own avatar and everyone participating only got one, but this way some people might end up with 6, while others might just end up with 1...

Yes, I was in Sway and Theives and got both avatars, but how is it unfair? I put in the effort both times but because I already won in Sway I have to forfeit the other five avis/site themes and stop fighting altogether?

Someone forestated that Neo made this a regular thing, so unless you're REALLY unlucky there's no way you could just end up with one avatar.

Yes, I was in Sway and Theives and got both avatars, but how is it unfair? I put in the effort both times but because I already won in Sway I have to forfeit the other five avis/site themes and stop fighting altogether?

Someone forestated that Neo made this a regular thing, so unless you're REALLY unlucky there's no way you could just end up with one avatar.

That's only if they end up giving out the avatars multiple times, which I suppose is possible. And I did say that it's nice for people who chose both of those factions. Other factions put in effort too.. I wasn't trying to cut anyone down.

This was nice news to come home too :O I picked the LOL avatar boon.

I only battled about 40 times with the easiest opponents and still got the avatar+site theme.

However I really wish this wasn't a regular feature. I wish they would of gave everyone the avatar/theme of the fraction they started with when the war ended... I don't like how its become a regular feature /:

Unless you're saying that you put in infinitely (2/0 approaches infinity) more effort than the rest of us who fought both times--and still thus far have nothing--then yes, it absolutely is unfair. I fought Kanrik and Rasala 500 times apiece, plus over 650k points from the war, but still have nothing to show for my efforts. I'm officially now much more behind in my avatar count when I was getting closer to the high scores table. How is that somehow more fair than someone fighting for two rounds but only getting one avatar?

But if it DOES stay around forever, so that everyone has a chance to win all six, then I suppose it will eventually work out. However, that means that it will take a very, very long time for those of us who choose incorrectly...

This was nice news to come home too :O I picked the LOL avatar boon.

I only battled about 40 times with the easiest opponents and still got the avatar+site theme.

However I really wish this wasn't a regular feature. I wish they would of gave everyone the avatar/theme of the fraction they started with when the war ended... I don't like how its become a regular feature /:

That would put an end to the complaining...

... unless the avatars count individually towards the total amount. Then there'd be an uproar with some collectors.

But if it DOES stay around forever, so that everyone has a chance to win all six, then I suppose it will eventually work out. However, that means that it will take a very, very long time for those of us who choose incorrectly...

I'm pretty convinced that this event will carry on for the foreseeable future. TNT want people to use their shiny new battledome :p So everyone should eventually be able to get all 6 avatars.

As soon as I worked out that choosing the right team made a difference, I switched from seekers to thieves. Bingo! Got the avvie :D However it will, I think, get progressively harder to choose the right team (i.e. the team that will win).

Of course it's not predetermined; TNT has never done that in the past, and they're not going to now. That would violate the trust that they've built with their players. And just because the most people join a team, that doesn't mean the team will win. TNT has been doing wars and team competitions for over a decade now; they know how to balance size of team and effort to determine a clear winner. Especially since they already had a run-through with the war. They were compiling data all the time, and so they were able to post as soon as it was over because it was automated.

Perhaps the Brute Squad might win if "everyone" joins to prove TNT wrong. But if a significant proportion join and do the "minimum," whatever that is, hoping that sheer numbers will ensure victory, it'll drag down the team average and make them lose.

I have yet to win either an avatar or a site theme from a particular faction. A bit annoyed but still love the order. But congrats to the thieves. I want another avvie though.

WAIT a minute...I've been waiting all this time for the next battle to begin and it has been going on? HOW COME TNT DID NOT GIVE US A MESSAGE IN THE NEWS ABOUT THIS!? When did it start and for how long!?

WAIT a minute...I've been waiting all this time for the next battle to begin and it has been going on? HOW COME TNT DID NOT GIVE US A MESSAGE IN THE NEWS ABOUT THIS!? When did it start and for how long!?

TNT mentioned in the news on the 30th that we could once again choose factions. On the page where that's done, there's a countdown to battle. We also noted this in our Obelisk Guide and in our news posts. Whenever there's something going on, be sure to keep and eye on TDN's front page for up to the minute updates!

Personally i don't think doppelganger has been activated. It must be something to do with the battledome, but I've tried lots of things (as have many others) and can't see any difference.

The name implies that there's a 'double' of something. Also, none of the boons are particularly... great, they all have either a very low and random activation rate or don't get to be used much. Tigersaurusrex says several of his one-use items have been doubled on the rare occasion, which fits right in with the other boons. I now wish I had picked the stock market boon after all. :/

Missjustina - I'm just curious, what don't you like about this becoming a regular feature?

Foxxy_chic - There's a minimum amount of battling required to get the prizes, but we're not quite sure what the amount is. Sorry you didn't get anything. :(

Lady Lyuba -

30th April

Tyrannian Battleground! - It seems that the boons bestowed by the oracle have faded and the battlefield has been cleared for the next skirmish. It's again time for the factions to fight to claim the oracle's blessing for themselves! The oracle will choose three factions (excluding the previous winner) to fight in each Battleground. Choose a faction to support, aid your fellows in battle, and be rewarded!

TNT mentioned in the news on the 30th that we could once again choose factions. On the page where that's done, there's a countdown to battle. We also noted this in our Obelisk Guide and in our news posts. Whenever there's something going on, be sure to keep and eye on TDN's front page for up to the minute updates!

I'm just shocked that TNT did not inform this in the News.....they typically would so this is odd. But I'll keep checking this time around. I just hope I didn't miss out on anything.

QUESTION: I joined the theives and fought but recieved no prize or avatar? Does anyone know why? Thanks

How much battling did you do in the skirmish? If you have less than 10-ish battles, you won't get the prizes. If you had a much higher number, send in a ticket.

Of course it's not predetermined; TNT has never done that in the past, and they're not going to now. That would violate the trust that they've built with their players. And just because the most people join a team, that doesn't mean the team will win. TNT has been doing wars and team competitions for over a decade now; they know how to balance size of team and effort to determine a clear winner. Especially since they already had a run-through with the war. They were compiling data all the time, and so they were able to post as soon as it was over because it was automated.

Perhaps the Brute Squad might win if "everyone" joins to prove TNT wrong. But if a significant proportion join and do the "minimum," whatever that is, hoping that sheer numbers will ensure victory, it'll drag down the team average and make them lose.

Of course.

The people who created the board are all BDers and/or Avatar collectors so they will be putting in a great effort. Of course there will be players who cling on to do the bare minimum, but every faction has that.

I checked my avatars and I'm not seeing the theives guild one. I played a substantial amount too..

Make sure you've gone to the page where you'd be awarded the avatar/site theme. If you've already been there and not received the notification, send in a ticket.