Thieves Win Boons, Avatar And Site Theme!

hrtbrk

Congrats to the Thieves guild!

I must agree with my fellow Order members, it's a bit disappointing getting over 1000 victories for a loss of the boon. But perhaps the Order shall rise in the next round. I am very impressed with the members of The Order who've been posting their wins on the official forum. I'm sure we gave you thieves a good run for the boons. But you guys pulled it off, so congrats again! :)

I must say though, I believe this system is going to be tedious for most people after awhile. If every 7 days, we have to battle for 4 days just to get a chance at the boon. And doing tens of thousands of battles per faction. Well, it's going to be a pain and very tiring. They should do it maybe 24 or 48 hours at the most, then award the boon for 7 days. 4days of fighting just is too much. At least so soon after the war's end. I'm still suffering battle fatigue from my battles during the war. And now this skirmish. For me, combined, that's over 10,000 battles.

I'm kinda glad to not have to worry about it for another 7 days though. I can build up some of the NP I've lost to training. LOL

Thieves Guild, enjoy your boon! :)

I was part of the thieves and i went to the battleground to claim my avatar and site theme but it just has the oracle and countdown??? i want my avatar :(

How many battles did you fight? I don't know how many you need to do to get the prizes, but I know there is a minimum. I'm sorry. :(

How many battles did you fight? I don't know how many you need to do to get the prizes, but I know there is a minimum. I'm sorry. :(

i did like 7 battles b/c my pets are only low levels but for 4 days of battling thats not too bad, surely the minimum wouldn't have been that high as it would be unfair to some people like me.

Until I get my Seekers avatar, I'm not changing factions. I hope there's an avatar for loyalty :D

Hahaha, that's exactly how I am feeling. I will stick with my faction until I get a win, and then I will jump ship to try to collect another avvy :) I feel like jumping around all the time would make it more difficult to win.

It's interesting that the boons are faction related...I wonder what could possibly be in store for the Awakened boons? Free daily cake?

All the factions will win eventually. :) I'm not saying TNT's going to take any control over it, but the only real prizes are the avatars/site themes - when it comes down to it, players will pick a faction that has a prize they don't have yet. Just keep picking Seekers and you'll get it eventually! :)

This!

On a website like Neopets with millions of users it isn't going to matter whether you do 10 or a 1000 battles for your faction. It's all about which faction is the most popular and the amount of users who choose to side with that faction at any particular time. Now that the Thieves have won a round, the "market" is flooded with users who are looking to get an additional avatar!

How about some predictions? I think - if the next battle is between Brute Squad, Sway and Awakened - that the Awakened will win. Then the Order, the Squad, the Seekers, and the Sway. I could see the Sway winning again before the Awakened or Brute Squad get their chance, though, since they have such a massive and loyal following.

I was part of the thieves and i went to the battleground to claim my avatar and site theme but it just has the oracle and countdown??? i want my avatar :(

I missed out as well even though I was part of the faction & battled :( so sad :( :(

I imagine there will be at least two more rounds before we could see The Sway again. My guess is that the Thieves will be removed from the pool, and either they will be replaced with the Brutes or Awakened, or we'll get a random 3 of the 4 factions who haven't yet won. Then, the third skirmish would be the three remaining non-winners, and if it continues after that we could see previous winners back in the mix.

Hey ya'll.

Personally I'm stoked for getting the first two faction wins, but I'm not here to make an event out of it.

I'm actually here to let ya'll know that the "Scratchcard Master" boon lets you buy 2 scratchcards a pop, rather than the limit of 1. Hope this helps.

Alright so I'm kind of confused. This is permanent? Does that mean everyone will have a chance to get every avatar and site theme at some point er... am I misunderstanding? Seems kind of unfair that some unlucky people would only get one avatar/site theme and others would get six? What?

Confused, sorry. Lol. xD

We suspect that's the case, Xandria. It's now labeled as a "new feature." So hopefully eventually we'll all get all the avatars and themes, though it might take a while. If the Order are in it next time, I predict they'll win it. (I was right about the Thieves this time, little good it did me since I followed my heart instead of my head.) Oh, and TNT says that team size doesn't matter; they normalize things. So even if a faction is less popular, if everyone on it works hard, I think they can win.

buttbiscuit, do you really expect to earn fantastic prizes without putting any work in? My pets were unleveled and I had no weapons except free ones from around the site during the Meridell War. I got one point. By the time I figured out there was a war on, I couldn't afford to upgrade my weapons, even if I wanted to. Was I bummed that I got no prize, no theme, no avatar? No. I didn't deserve them compared to the people who put the effort in to actually win the war for... whichever side won that war. Sure, I struggled, lost a few battles, got lucky and won that 1 battle. It was nothing compared to the effort others put in.

You could have won free weapons from the battledome that would have let you beat the two easiest opponents in at least a few rounds. You could have bought some healing potions and visited the healing springs every 30 min. (or bought a really cheap healer with a single day's NP winnings). You could have lost (or drawn) your way into "doing your part," if the Obelisk War is any indication. I don't think it's unfair for TNT to require a minimal level of effort to win the prizes. Think of all of us on losing factions (that's approximately 2/3 of us) who only got a cheap consolation prize -- and that was for putting in hundreds or thousands of battles. Why should you get a site theme, avatar, and boon for seven? I know you're disappointed. But now you know what you'll have to do next time to make sure you qualify. If you need help building a set or developing a battle strategy for next time, there are lots of people here who can help you.

Thanks for your input Sinri. The only thing I'm having trouble putting together is the awakened and the brute squad being left out, but I suppose we will find out more soon. I'd be pleased to get my hands on the awakened avatar even though I was a member of the Sway, then chose the Order. I assume the awakened avi will be prettty nifty though. :)

Oh and I completely agree with you. Buttbiscuit: Even with a very low level pet, surely you could manage more battles on easy with an "8" difficulty. Seven battles in a four day span probably isn't even close to the requirement for the avatar/site theme. No idea what the actual requirement is, but still.

i did like 7 battles b/c my pets are only low levels but for 4 days of battling thats not too bad, surely the minimum wouldn't have been that high as it would be unfair to some people like me.

Ehhhhh, hate to tell you, but that's EXTREMELY low. As you can see from this board, there were people doing thousands of battles in the 4 day span; I'm considered very low level (edit: we have almost the same stats for our strongest pets, I was beating the easiest bosses on hard so you should've had no problem on easy! :eh: ) but I still managed to do 70-80 battles. This event was made for people who have higher level pets to prosper. You think it's unfair to people like you, but you have to make a strong attempt & contribute to gain the benefits.

Anyways, I picked the right team this time and got the avatar & theme. I'm glad I got this one but I'm still hoping we have another chance to get the ones we've missed/are going to miss. I don't wanna be whiny but I'd really hate to miss out on these just because I'm unlucky! :worried:

There were opponents with stats lower than the default untrained level 1 neopets, though. I don't think it's unreasonable that you didn't earn prizes for 7 battles.

At least you'll know for next time! This seems like it's going to be a regular thing, so I'm sure there will be many more opportunities to earn a Thieves Guild avatar/theme.

The thing that concerns me about this becoming a more permanent feature is that codestones are going to stay sky high for prices :/ I was kinda bummed about needing to switch to the island school from the pirate academy to begin with due to sheer cost, and this new feature is going to keep it ridiculous.

Has anyone determined for sure what happens with the doppelganger boon? It seems like the others have been found out.

Edit: A couple people have been saying that it allows you to use a one time use item twice before it disappears. I don't have any of those to check. Maybe someone who chose it could?

Yay, congrats Thieves! I'm happy with the avatar (it has Kanrik, ok) and the site theme. The boon with the avatars is a cute idea, but I went with the scratchcards one in hope to get the one I need eventually.

I believe all factions will eventually shuffle again, since they have to eventually be pit against each other for a full three factions round.

I must say that I'm very happy with my choice of Thieves Guild :) Now I'm hoping that someone else can get the avatars too! Decided to go with the stock market boon since it seems like it'd be the most profitable in the end.

Has anyone determined for sure what happens with the doppelganger boon? It seems like the others have been found out.

Edit: A couple people have been saying that it allows you to use a one time use item twice before it disappears. I don't have any of those to check. Maybe someone who chose it could?

Personally i don't think doppelganger has been activated. It must be something to do with the battledome, but I've tried lots of things (as have many others) and can't see any difference.

I'm a teensy itty bit disappointed that for once the winners didn't get to enjoy an exclusive site theme/avvie, but the avatar collector in me likes the idea of being able to get all of them. That said, everyone has figured out that as long as everyone joins the same team, we'll all get the avvies in turn and that kinda sucks the fun out of it for me. The people who go with the team everyone picks knows they won't have to fight that hard in order to get the prizes, and the people who don't pick the popular team will have like zero chance at winning. Meh, we'll see how this goes.

The thing that concerns me about this becoming a more permanent feature is that codestones are going to stay sky high for prices :/ I was kinda bummed about needing to switch to the island school from the pirate academy to begin with due to sheer cost, and this new feature is going to keep it ridiculous.

I've tried it out, and I'm not sure. I've been trying it with my lesser healing scroll and bandage ability. I was able to use Bandage two turns during my first battle, so I thought it might have to do with one/limited use abilities. But I've fought ten battles since that first one and that hasn't happened again so I think it may have been a glitch -n-

update: I'm trying snowballs out now. I was able to use a tortured snowball (the one pictured in the boon) to work twice, and a poison one as well. I'm just using the snowballs I have in my SDB, so I don't have the biggest subject size or variety, but here's my current success rate.

Update 2: Talking with people on the BD board, and we've confirmed that snowballs are reusable with about 20-30% success rate. We're testing other one use items right now. The boon seems to not work on once per battle items.

Ooohh... I was so happy to get the Thieves avatar. too! And the site theme is great. I hope the Awakened will be on it next time so I can join it and get the site theme if they win.