Surprise Attack Enters Battledome!

hrtbrk

Just came back from work and logged on to get going on this new challenger to find the fight is over.

Not amused that I didn't get a chance to do my part. Was there even a 12 hour window to get a shot at this? :(

Edit: ...some refreshing later fighting is possible again, weird.

Neopets reset the two challengers that had been beat. It must have been right in between your first attempt and your refresh. Either it was a glitch or they hadn't expected the characters to be beaten so quickly.

For those wondering about the second achievement, I think you get it if you last more than one round, regardless of damage dealt. My pet has a mere 32 hp but for some miracle Pride decided to go all defense for two rounds, definitely dealt me less than 1000 damage, but I still got the achievement!

Since the points you score against Mr. Sleephead does not seem to change our advancement, I have given up doing the stealing/defending strategy. I just this morning made it to 550 Str, with a "Double bonus" from the Secret Ninja Training. I did about 2000 worth of damage after I stole the PMirrow, and had Swordblocker. It was fun, but I think it was a waste of time.

Finally finished Doing My Part! I'll just cheer from the sidelines from this point, because I am now suffering from a horrible case of Battledome fatigue. Between the glitching, the lag, and the all around difficulty of going back into battle after losing, I don't even want to look at the Battledome for a while. In case anyone was curious, my score was 6-0-299 when I finished my bar.

Final tally: 4 out of 6 DYP bars filled + 7 out of 12 Achievements unlocked. Not a bad ratio considering I've never been much of a Battledomer.

Good luck to the rest of my brothers and sisters in the Sway faction!

*collapses*

Has anyone noticed that it is the Ides of March and we are all coming together in our factions, to collectively stab 1 boss?

For those wondering about the second achievement, I think you get it if you last more than one round, regardless of damage dealt. My pet has a mere 32 hp but for some miracle Pride decided to go all defense for two rounds, definitely dealt me less than 1000 damage, but I still got the achievement!

I think you're right, that the second achievement only requires you to survive that first round. I had no achievements, so I decided to use up that Thick Smoke Bomb anyway. My first round I used Stone Muffin + Thick Smoke Bomb + Sear (and still took damage; stupid reflection), and that let me survive to round 2. Then I used Oversized Maractite Rune Sword + Golden Compass + Static Cling and was defeated.

When I came back out, that apparently got me both achievements. (The extra text on that first achievement makes me think that, whatever earns it, it must involve fighting on Mighty difficulty, what with actively saying mighty twice, once in all caps....)

Edit: Another thought...the Neopet SMASH! achievement says "small but mighty". Maybe you have to in a single battle deal damage in excess of your own hit points? Or in excess of whatever you are dealt?

how many losses do I need in total to fill my bar?

I've read 300 on mighty. I can't confirm it for sure, as I started battling on the easiest setting, so my losses are distributed between the three difficulties, but it sounds like it could be accurate.

I've read 300 on mighty. I can't confirm it for sure, as I started battling on the easiest setting, so my losses are distributed between the three difficulties, but it sounds like it could be accurate.

thanks....happily I got the second achievement....no way in heaven am i getting the first XD I just want to help my faction so we can get to go into the obelisk XD

I love the plot puzzles XD thats what Im fighting for

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The bosses HP seems to be fluxuating between the difficulties, but in a confusing kind of way (or maybe i'm just tired). I tried fighting on easy at first, and his HP wasn't getting lower with every fight. When I tried mighty, his HP was waaaay higher, but when I went back to easy his HP was lower than it was when I was first fighting him on easy.

What??

Yup 300 on mighty, I had 296 on mighty and 7 on easy when I got my bar full.

Has anyone noticed that it is the Ides of March and we are all coming together in our factions, to collectively stab 1 boss?

Et tu, Brute?

I hadn't noticed that. But that's awesome.

I think you're right, that the second achievement only requires you to survive that first round. I had no achievements, so I decided to use up that Thick Smoke Bomb anyway. My first round I used Stone Muffin + Thick Smoke Bomb + Sear (and still took damage; stupid reflection), and that let me survive to round 2. Then I used Oversized Maractite Rune Sword + Golden Compass + Static Cling and was defeated.

When I came back out, that apparently got me both achievements. (The extra text on that first achievement makes me think that, whatever earns it, it must involve fighting on Mighty difficulty, what with actively saying mighty twice, once in all caps....)

Edit: Another thought...the Neopet SMASH! achievement says "small but mighty". Maybe you have to in a single battle deal damage in excess of your own hit points? Or in excess of whatever you are dealt?

Hmm, you may have something there! I have yet to get the first achievement, but I haven't been able to deal more than 31 damage... Gonna go experiment now!

Does it still count for the Do Your Part if you don't do any damage? :*

I can in fact confirm it does. :D LOL.

I am SO happy that they unlocked them while I was gone for a bit. :)

I have the second achievement and have completed roughly 6% of the "Doing Your Part" Bar. Once I fill that and get the other achievement, I will have all achievements but the first one on the last wave, and all of the bars filled, but the last wave's as well. :) I think that I did pretty good considering I don't battle much and trained mostly last minute. :P

I'm completely confused. Do all of these losses stay with our pets, I wonder. :/ Kinda unfair. But I'm trying to help. *sigh* I wish we can just beat the thing already! COME ON SWAY!! XD I thought we were doing good, honestly.

Et tu, Brute?

I hadn't noticed that. But that's awesome.

More like 'Et tu, Kanrik?" :P I'm glad my nerdery is appreciated.