Surprise Attack Enters Battledome!

hrtbrk

LOL, Hulk reference and Monty Python ref....I'd love to see what this spirit looks like to the other factions, to the Order, he looks like a green genie. Not gonna bother with this boss, too hard.

Okay, that's five times, now. Always with the same combination of weapons and ability. Why does Apathy just get to ignore damage? (Ignoring the irony of that statement, of course.)

Edit: ...and six. At this rate, I'll never get the damage achievement. It seems I'm only allowed to harm him in the single digits. Doing more than that just gets glitched away. (I'd love to report this bug, but apparently there's also a bug in the bug reporting mechanism. Delightful.)

Is there actually a way of getting the damage taken (by you) achievement if you have really low levelled pets? D: I've been AWOL for years on Neopets and this war pretty much was the only reason I got involved in the Battledome, but even with the weakest pet I have I can't get 1,000 damage on the Average level. Managed it on the Mighty, but obviously that doesn't count!

EDIT: Never mind, it turns out that for some reason it was glitching and now I have actually received it..? :S

I was hoping to finish filling my "Doing Your Part" Bar from the last wave, (since I was unable to finish before going to sleep), and when I woke up, I found that we had a new challenger. I was reading this board, excited to start the battle, thinking the reason that I could not click the "fight" was because I needed to heal...but after doing so, I still could not. I read on to find that our opponent had been defeated already? As awesome as it is, it's not fair to us in later time zones. I was hoping to at least try for those achievements. :/ I will say that I'm quite annoyed by this...

Oh really? That's cool. Even cooler as Hufflepuff is my house according to pottermore :P

EDIT:

Oh yes, I searched them and they have their victory screencap on their lookup :)

Upset I can't get my daily nps or prizes though ):

Don't worry- since you only get prizes for a victory, basically no one is getting prizes today. XD

I am loving the design of this wave. They are absolutely gorgeous. :D

Pride still has almost 1.8 million hitpoints. Ugh. I guess we don't have many hardcore battlers on our team!

I've done over a thousand damage to Apathy now (most likely multiple thousand, but it took a while before I decided to start tracking it myself), and yet I have not earned any achievement for it. It took about an hour for my pet to deal a cumulative 1,000 while I was keeping track. If that's the average, I should probably have dealt a little over 3,000 by now, all told.

Nothing.

Am I missing something?

I've done over a thousand damage to Apathy now (most likely multiple thousand, but it took a while before I decided to start tracking it myself), and yet I have not earned any achievement for it. It took about an hour for my pet to deal a cumulative 1,000 while I was keeping track. If that's the average, I should probably have dealt a little over 3,000 by now, all told.

Nothing.

Am I missing something?

From what I've seen and heard from others, TDN is wrong about what it takes to get that achievement. Nobody's figured out the pattern, and last I checked the general consensus was just that it was completely random. I dunno about that. I feel there's gotta be something specific that triggers it, but so far nobody's figured out what that is.

Yay! Finished doing my part! I might battle a little more later because Apathy still has 1733830 HP, and I want us to at least beat him, even if we can't be first. We might (probably?) only have today, since two of them have already been beaten. Don't worry, I can barely ding him, so I won't be taking anyone's chances to do their part.

Frostfire, the fan is supposed to defend against physical, but that's not showing. Perhaps it's glitched and acting like a TT instead? (And just not showing in the log.) Too bad it didn't work like that for me when I stole it.

(Okay, played 1 more and managed to steal the mirror; his final HP were 1730800. That means I managed to take off 3k HP! Of course that's barely a dent...)

I've almost have "Doing Your Part" filled and once that's done, I'm going to take a break for a while and come back to help my faction. I've also got both of my achievements.

Anyone on Awakened want to check how much health Death has on Mighty? Neopets is blocked at work, and I'm curious how much progress we're making/if I'll still have enough time to fill the bar when I get home.

.I think all of the faction "bosses" have the same amount of HP on each difficulty.

From what I've seen and heard from others, TDN is wrong about what it takes to get that achievement. Nobody's figured out the pattern, and last I checked the general consensus was just that it was completely random. I dunno about that. I feel there's gotta be something specific that triggers it, but so far nobody's figured out what that is.

Has anyone tried using a Thick Smoke Bomb (or whatever else) to damage him while not taking damage themselves? Or, as a lesser option, just dealing more damage to him than he deals to you?

I'd test it, but I only have the one Thick Smoke Bomb, and frankly, if it's not useful here I'd just as soon sell it while the selling's good.

Just came back from work and logged on to get going on this new challenger to find the fight is over.

Not amused that I didn't get a chance to do my part. Was there even a 12 hour window to get a shot at this? :(

Edit: ...some refreshing later fighting is possible again, weird.

If you're not getting the first achievement and you have any kind of stealer (no matter how low the percentage), try to steal and survive first round. Eventually you'll succeed in getting one of their good weapons, and you can get more attacks in and hopefully unlock it, whatever the exact formula is. For Seekers, stealing the prismatic mirror works really well (not that you get to choose what you steal...).